Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

is it this cold in Minnesota??

Go down 
+8
EskimoPie
Le Hub'
donpepe
Andi
johnnykool327
Cristo
badkitty
Kelley
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Hmm, both options are possible...
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Oatmeal
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
Oatmeal

Hang on, you said cornflakes before. Now you're just trolling.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Trolling? Perhaps. I just thought this forum had undergone some kind of format change recently where you could disengage the filter between your brain and typing fingers and type whatever thought popped into your head.

So I say again,

Bran Muffin
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:55 pm

OMG, I am SO embarrassed.

It should have been:

Brian Muffin
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:57 pm

No, no. Wait. We're in the Off Topic Forum. So it's all good.

Bran it is.

Regular-billy
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:57 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
Brian Muffin

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Brian Sandwich.

Oh wait...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Brian Sandwich!!!
But... does it mean what I think it means??

Brian in the middle of a woman and a man ;-) HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Andi,

Why must you make it so easy for Jon?

Yeah, it's definitely Brian. There's certainly nothing in this thread to suggest it would be "brain," that's for sure.

Innane-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
Andi,

Why must you make it so easy for Jon?

Yeah, it's definitely Brian. There's certainly nothing in this thread to suggest it would be "brain," that's for sure.

Innane-a-billy

Truer words never spoken...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:22 pm

;-)

Very accurate Rick! BTW, your avatar picture reminds me of the school teacher that appears on Stray Cats' clip Sexy + 17
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Señor Rickabilly,

I had previously thought that I held the record for the Most Boring Dream Ever, where I bought a used car from a used car lot, and was satisfied with my purchase. I stand corrected!

Salud!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:17 pm

HAHA! She kinda does have that school-marm look, doesn't she?

That extraordinary woman in my avatar is my Grandmother. She passed away earlier this week, and I love having her picture here where I spend so much of my time. Grandma and Grandpa used to buy boxes and boxes of 45s and 78s from farm auctions in rural Iowa, knowing that I was obsessed with music. Consequently, I was raised on music several decades older than I, as most of these records were from the 40s and 50s, spanning all genres.

I remember dusting off Jim Lowe's "Green Door," Scatman Crothers' take on Sanford Clark's "The Fool," a swinging Big Band take on "Malagueña" by Mel Torme, and Buddy and Ella Johnson's "Why Doncha Stop It?" Hank Williams records followed Sinatra, and I even found an Elvis record once in a while, but usually the artists were lesser-known, which made them more fun to track down on CD as an adult. Certainly those artists informed my musical preferences for the rest of my life.

I was at their farm the day Elvis died. Grandma called me in to give me the news. Now there was no CNN, no cable TV, no 250 channels, so the coverage of Elvis' death was everywhere you turned. I was transfixed to the TV for the next few days. Grandma took notice. Christmas 1977, I had a stereo turntable of my own and Elvis' Golden Records, Volumes 1 and 2, courtesy of Grandma. "No dusty 'ol farm sale records for you at Christmas. Santy Claus brought you the good stuff."

Her last years were spent in a nursing home near Mason City, Iowa. So whenever I made the trip to Minneapolis for a Setzer show, Grandma was always part of the trip. The best part of the trip, I'd say. I didn't have to share her with my kids or my parents. It was just me and my Grandma. The Alzheimer's had made me a total stranger to her by then, but I could look into those semi-vacant eyes, and know she was in there somewhere. I love her and miss her dearly.

She would have been great in that video, by the way.

Rick-a-Libby
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:20 pm

Condolences Rickabilly, great story.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:25 pm

Thank you so much for sharing, Rick.

/Krispy Kreme-abilly
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:36 pm

Rickabilly,

She sounds like a great lady - just think of how much she contributed to ALL of us on this forum, with the way she fostered your love of music!

I really do appreciate the information you share with us here, Rick, but I don't think I've ever appreciated one of your posts more. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:04 pm

okay.....I just got in and whoa, this thread took a few twists and turns, lol
(I'm so sorry about this but I guess we need to let our minds go a little sometimes, right? Very Happy )

sooo, a Brian sandwich? to me a Brian sandiwich would definitely be between two women as I think he loves being around women according to some of the fan pics I have seen around the 'net here so far, he always seems to have a big grin in those

and in a audio clip I had found a few weeks ago he said "I just love being with CHICKS!!" when talking about his duet with ann marget lol tongue
methinks women kind of make him hot?? really, I do not know
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:06 pm

and oh Rick thank you very much talking about your Grandma I have beautiful memories of my grandma (my mom's mom) she was such a sweet lady, such a great cook!!! her whole house smelled of freshly made flour tortillas with the lard in it oooooohhhhhh!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:34 am

Thanks for this really beautiful & moving story Rick.
Condolences for your grandma.
I know what it is, I've never feel so bad as in 1995 when mine passed away after giving & teaching me so much. I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:34 am

Lucky me that I've never undergone that situation. No grandmas nor grandpas before I was born
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:44 am

Rickabilly,
Sorry for the loss of your Grandma...she sure sounds like an amazing woman! You have an incredible gift for writing...if you ever decide to write a book, I'd be one of the first in line to buy a copy.

Thanks for sharing,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is it this cold in Minnesota??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2