Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME

Go down 
+8
badkitty
eightball
BSO_Rocks
Hot Rod Girl
vic
Budgie
Guitarmaniac
tvthewiredturtle
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eightball

eightball

The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:16 am

...the situation has earned a lot of respect for america, and superficially undone a lot of the damage that bush did to how the rest of the world views america...
i import stuff from america(union made clothing made in the US), and the dollar surged against the pound(losing me money - but i'm not complaining...)
Back to top Go down
http://eight8all.blogspot.com/
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:25 am

JonPascual wrote:
Fingers crossed for Obama-baluba-balambambu to do a great job...
Bush has been the biggest dickhead in history... well, his voters too...

(HOPE NO ONE ALTERS MY POST...)

Hot Rod Girl wrote:

I understand that people are free to speak their opinions about present and past Presidents, (thanks to our First Amendment), and those who've supported and opposed their viewpoints and policies. Please, be respectful. Resorting to name calling and childish behavior accomplishes nothing. In fact, it reflects poorly on the person performing the name calling.

hrg

Jon,

For as educated as you claim to be, I am surprised that you have not made a decent argument here. You are simply resorting to mud slinging and name calling. Frankly, I am disappointed. There are so many others who have made interesting and thought provoking comments on this thread. You, in my opinion, have fallen short of the mark.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:59 pm

JonPascual wrote:
Fingers crossed for Obama-baluba-balambambu to do a great job...
Bush has been the biggest dickhead in history... well, his voters too...

(HOPE NO ONE ALTERS MY POST...)

No need to "alters" your posts, they are so disgusting... No one here would like to touch that shits.
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm

JonPascual,

I try hard to turn the other cheek when somebody calls me names (I voted for Bush twice, and would do so again if I could). However, I, like Tavo, have had enough of the way you treat people on this board. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but there's no need for you to be so rude and disrespectful.

Bear85
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:39 am

Jon,

I've actually enjoyed learning about your background and I like that you share some of your vast archival knowledge here. You've been reasonably civil and avoided name-calling and button-pushing for the last week or two. Even the joking around has been good-natured. I like that side of you.

And then you interject profanities and incendiary language in a thread where people are having a mature, reasonable exchange of a difference in opinions. (I see some of the profanities have been removed. Thanks for that.) I know your English is better than most native English speakers here, and that you could state your case much more intelligently. So why do you seek to stir up trouble here? Those of us who have this subconscious need to be the center of attention on this time-sucker of a message board have found ways do it that are much less annoying. I would rather sift through the same 100 YouTube clips and 500 posts saying "Thanks for sharing," than read an inane, profanity-laced post and the vitriol it inspires in the people who choose to take the bait. For those of you who let this stuff boil your blood and respond in kind, take a deep breath, and strive to be better than that.

This board is a place where people can come and share their love of common interests. A difference of opinions and civil discussions are always welcome. Mean-spiritedness and troublemaking are not. I know you mean most of what you say, but sometimes, it seems you're just trying to wind people up by pushing their buttons, seeing how far you can cross the line before someone pays you the attention you seemingly crave in getting deleted or banned. That kind of crap helped get the official forum shut down. I'd hate to see that happen here.

I was ready to come to your defense over your posts being altered. I'm sure it seemed amusing at the time to the person who was doing it. Personally, I would rather see the posts that cross the line deleted rather than altered. There is no freedom of speech here - it is a privately-hosted, members only forum. The membership is a privilege, and I hope you choose to conduct yourself in a way that allows you to continue to share that encyclopedic knowledge of Stray Cats you posses.

It's not butt-kissing. It's just human kindness. Maybe that has no place on the internet in this day and age. But I always thought of the HDVDL as an online oasis of positivity, information, and entertainment. I'd like to see it stay that way.

We never used to discuss politics here. Someone opened that door a few months back, and it seems we cannot unring that bell. There are plenty of places online to have those discussions. I've never really been comfortable with this place being one of them. But if we're going to have these sorts of threads, then let's try and keep our emotions in check.

Of course, for all you know, I could have just said "Bite Me!" and then someone could have altered my post, replacing that with this insomniac-curing rant. Very Happy Sleep

Blah Blah Blah-a-billy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:42 am

JonPascual wrote:
Well, I personally think I have not offended anyone. Take it the way you want to, to be honest.

Turttle,
you should learn a little bit more on history and those Vega, fought for Mexico and not for USA... it was basically the USA who stole New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, California, Nevada... from the Mexicans ;-)
Besides, no point in me being banned... can register again. Call me Spic, idiot, pendejo, pinche puto or whatsoever. It's totally indifferent to me as your words have fallen on deaf ears

I think you're going to deep into the matter and I mantain what I think about Bush and his voters too. That's my bloody opinion. You want to take it personally? TAKE IT, you're in your right to do it but don't come and tell me what I should do, say or whatsoever.

I "will" tell you when you call us dickheads that youre being an ass. You have your opinion but you dont have a right to insult Brian Setzer at a Fan Forum or fans, and if your ass is kicked off here again, then we can document your intended actions for your ISP when you attempt to sign up again and willfully harass people.

Internet harassment is now prosecutable. Look it up: "Use of a Telecommunications Device (the internet) with Intent to Annoy, Abuse, Threaten or Harass" is what you are already doing and this behavior is exactly creates a case file against the likes of those who wont stop
their stupid behavior.

Enjoy your new behavior starting today...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Ahem... back on the topic of politics (who would have ever thought that would be less incendiary than another topic around here?!) here is a site that is keeping track of Obama's progress on his campaign promises. Might make an interesting bookmark to follow along. It's from the St. Petersburg Times, not sure if they have a "lean" and if so, which way:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2