Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Empty
PostSubject: Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?   Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:25 am

I hear that there is going to be a major volcano eruption soon?
I hope you will be okay, let us know please

Alaskan volcano

mahalo
Kelley
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Watching and waiting!   Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:24 am

HI there, everyone-

Thanks for the shout out. You are correct, we are probably going to have an eruption of Mt. Redoubt, an active volcano located about 100 miles west of Anchorage. You guys might have heard about our little 5.73 earthquake last Saturday centered near the volcano - those were probably related. At last report it was still steaming from a fresh vent - but seismicity is down a bit, so we'll see. We are safe from danger and there are no villages near it BUT if it erupts, we will probably have a big fall of volcanic ash - not volcanic sand like in Hawaii Very Happy but pretty nasty and gross. I've been thru another major eruption of a different volcano, which was disgusting - it falls like snow, scratches glass, the air smells like rotten eggs, with thunder and lightning. Totally creepy. Also air travel will be totally disrupted and we'll have to stay home from work... God, I KNOW! Stuck in the house not allowed to work... isn't that awful? pirat It's still at level orange ("watch") but I hope we don't wake up tomorrow to black snow!!

Anyway thanks for thinking of me and if you want to keep an eye on volcanic activity here in Alaska, check out http://volcanoes.usgs.gov .

Live, from Rockabilly North,
your quasi- vulcanologist correspondent....
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?   Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:37 am

you're welcome I jus immediately thought of you when I first heard about it
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?   Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 6:45 am

Glad to hear that you're okay. It's a little scary hearing about stuff like this, and then realizing that you "know" someone from where it's happening. It really puts things in a new light.

Black snow, yuck.
hrg
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?   Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:59 am

It seems to have simmered down a little overnight, so that is good news! "The volcano is in a state of unrest," the website said this morning.
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?   Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:50 pm

You"ll be alright my friend...you have spent many a night in "LEITH". Laughing

Take care my friend!.

king
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?   Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:17 pm

ha Cool That's a good one. "I lived in Leith, so I'll be OK." true! No eruption yet but still rumbling.
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?   Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:38 am

I ken you did!!!.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?   Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:59 am

Finally, after weeks and weeks of teasing, Mt. Redoubt blew her top. Starting last night through today it's erupted six times, sending ash to 60,000 feet and canceling flights. It's been a powerful eruption and even took out 6 seismometers near the volcano, which is about 100 miles southwest of Anchorage. The ashfall has primarily been in small towns northwest of Anchorage, so we are lucky not to have to deal with that mess! If you are interested they are updating the Volcano Observatory page frequently at http://www.avo.alaska.edu .
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?   Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:01 am

Glad to hear your fine!.

king
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?   Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:04 pm

I can see the shadow of ash in the sky today, as it heads to points north of us. One good thing about Alaska is there's tons of space for stuff like this to happen!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?   Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shout out to Eskimo Pie on here?
Page 1 of 1