Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WMG removing Stray Cat videos?

Go down 
+9
Andi
Guitarmaniac
gretschoholic
Le Hub'
FrenchyCat
Kelley
Twenty Flight Rick
tvthewiredturtle
GreasyKidStuff
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:26 pm

GreasyKidStuff wrote:
Guitarmaniac wrote:
You are myfavouritevideoclip?
I love your Videos!
The only thing I don't like is the guitar sound in your Stray Cats covers, ab bit to sterile for me, the playing is great though!

I have never claimed that my videos were anything special. With that said, I couldn't care less one way or another what you think about my videos. I own a '62 Bassman but I'm not going to blast out my family or my neighbors shooting a silly video.

I posted what I believed to be a very simple question and Andi was the only person who even attempted to answer it. This thread is a prime example of why I no longer frequent forums.

Continue with your little avatar tutorial...

While I do think you are being a "tad" too serious with us, I want to apologize for being catalyst in derailing your thread question. You are right, you just wanted answers to a specific question. Not an avatar party. thanks for calling us on it.
- no humor TV
WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 162781211_1375908
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:53 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
GreasyKidStuff wrote:
Guitarmaniac wrote:
I love your Videos!
The only thing I don't like is the guitar sound in your Stray Cats covers, ab bit to sterile for me, the playing is great though!

I have never claimed that my videos were anything special. With that said, I couldn't care less one way or another what you think about my videos. I own a '62 Bassman but I'm not going to blast out my family or my neighbors shooting a silly video.

I posted what I believed to be a very simple question and Andi was the only person who even attempted to answer it. This thread is a prime example of why I no longer frequent forums.

While I do think you are being a "tad" too serious with us, I want to apologize for being catalyst in derailing your thread question. You are right, you just wanted answers to a specific question. Not an avatar party. thanks for calling us on it.
- no humor TV
WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 162781211_1375908

A bit of respect TV..........

What colour should I paint my fence??????
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:47 am

GreasyKidStuff wrote:
Does anybody know which subsidiary of WMG the Cats are on or were on that has resulted in at least music videos of 'Rock This Town' and 'Stray Cat Strut' being removed from YouTube? Maybe more but a quick search yields nothing. They yanked my video of 'RTT' this morning. Usually anything Brian related has been cool.

I take that back, I found a few 'RTT' but no 'SCS'. I wonder what's up?

All the early Stray Cats songs (at least the ones released before "Blast Off") are published by EMI Longitude Music and/or Rockin Bones Music Inc.

BMI search for Brian Setzer's songs

I know that WMG were interested in buying EMI (or was it the other way around?), but as far as I know it didn't happen. Although I think it was only EMI's recorded music division, not the music publishing division... Anyway, this comes down to money - AGAIN! I can't understand why WMG can't just look at this whole youtube business as a way to promote their artists and music without having to rely on MTV and other television companies...? After all, very few people know how to/are able to actually download youtube vids, so it's not very likely that they'll be used (abused?) by bootleggers.

My $ 0,02 Rolling Eyes

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:21 am

GreasyKidStuff wrote:
Guitarmaniac wrote:
I love your Videos!

Well then I take back my praise if you don't care.
Rolling Eyes

Thanks TV for making this thread fun =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:32 am

anders, I really like your posts! very informative with the little tidbits Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:53 am

Thanks, Kelley! Smile
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Choochoohothub wrote:
Oh Frenchy, please...

Ben quoi, j'suis un sensible, mézigue, j'y peux rien...

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Rockaround

Rockaround

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:01 pm

gretschoholic wrote:
After all, very few people know how to/are able to actually download youtube vids, so it's not very likely that they'll be used (abused?) by bootleggers.

My $ 0,02 Rolling Eyes

Anders

I KNOW HOW!!!! bounce ....and I´ll teach you!

1. Decide what video you want to download, for instance this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaTe2Mk6ZQ

2. Add the word KICK between "www." and "youtube" in your browser. Like this http://www.KICKyoutube.com/watch?v=rAaTe2Mk6ZQ

3. Choose format and press GO, then rightclick and "save as".

4. Make bootlegs Laughing
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:15 am

FrenchyCat wrote:

Ben quoi, j'suis un sensible, mézigue, j'y peux rien...

FrenchyCat

Ok, j'arrête... Pour te ménager ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:24 am

GreasyKidStuff wrote:
This thread is a prime example of why I no longer frequent forums.

Ok GKS, I want to apologize too, sincerely.
But, this said, don't you think you are a little too "serious" ? Cool
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:45 am

Rockaround wrote:
gretschoholic wrote:
After all, very few people know how to/are able to actually download youtube vids, so it's not very likely that they'll be used (abused?) by bootleggers.

My $ 0,02 Rolling Eyes

Anders

1. Decide what video you want to download, for instance this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaTe2Mk6ZQ

2. Add the word KICK between "www." and "youtube" in your browser. Like this http://www.KICKyoutube.com/watch?v=rAaTe2Mk6ZQ

4. Make bootlegs Laughing

...but I already HAVE that video Laughing (Oh, it works on others too...? lol! )
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:46 am

gretschoholic wrote:

...but I already HAVE that video Laughing (Oh, it works on others too...? lol! )

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:52 pm

[quote="Rockaround"]
gretschoholic wrote:

My $ 0,02 Rolling Eyes

Anders

4. Make bootlegs Laughing[/quote]

this does not seem to work any more , any ideas ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Other website you can visit to transfer and save videos in any format is this one:

www.mediaconverter.org

It works quite well, sometimes I use this one to get the audio of some live clips
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:54 am

JonPascual wrote:
Other website you can visit to transfer and save videos in any format is this one:

www.mediaconverter.org

It works quite well, sometimes I use this one to get the audio of some live clips

Yeah thanks Jon that works just fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WMG removing Stray Cat videos?   WMG removing Stray Cat videos? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WMG removing Stray Cat videos?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2