Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John Lewis Rock N Roll Trio

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

John Lewis Rock N Roll Trio Empty
PostSubject: John Lewis Rock N Roll Trio   John Lewis Rock N Roll Trio Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Just back from an extremely enjoyable night seeing the John Lewis Rock N Roll Trio.Absolutely top notch entertainment.
For those that don't know him he was in a band called the Rimshots and was also known as Johnny Bach and recorded with Darrel Higham.It was my first time seeing him but won't be the last.
Fantastic guitarist,amazing keyboard playing and a deep unique vocal style.Catch him if you can.
Just note that his youtube videos(the few I have watched at least) don't do him full justice.

He likes to toast most songs with his pint and did so in memory of guitarist Mickey Gee (Shakin Stevens and Dave Edmunds band amongst others)who apparently died a week or two ago.This was news to me.Mickey played on the likes of Marie Marie etc and was a great picker.Another sad loss for the scene.

Regards
Steve
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

John Lewis Rock N Roll Trio Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lewis Rock N Roll Trio   John Lewis Rock N Roll Trio Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:59 am

rockabilly guy wrote:
Just back from an extremely enjoyable night seeing the John Lewis Rock N Roll Trio.Absolutely top notch entertainment.
For those that don't know him he was in a band called the Rimshots and was also known as Johnny Bach and recorded with Darrel Higham.It was my first time seeing him but won't be the last.
Fantastic guitarist,amazing keyboard playing and a deep unique vocal style.Catch him if you can.
Just note that his youtube videos(the few I have watched at least) don't do him full justice.

He likes to toast most songs with his pint and did so in memory of guitarist Mickey Gee (Shakin Stevens and Dave Edmunds band amongst others)who apparently died a week or two ago.This was news to me.Mickey played on the likes of Marie Marie etc and was a great picker.Another sad loss for the scene.

Regards
Steve

Very sad to hear Mickey Gee passed away, a great great guitarist!

Mickey Gee & Dave Edmunds
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com

John Lewis Rock N Roll Trio
Page 1 of 1