Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A song request for Brian's birthday party

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bear85

Bear85

A song request for Brian's birthday party Empty
PostSubject: A song request for Brian's birthday party   A song request for Brian's birthday party Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Brian,

I can’t tell you how excited I am as the date of your 50th birthday party approaches, so I won’t even try! The only thing that held me up on the day tickets went on sale, that made me pause to consider whether I should go ahead, was the fact that this year, April 10th happens to be Good Friday. I hate to miss worship at my local church, especially on such an important day, but I figured my wife and I would be able to find a place to worship over near the Cities, and then go to the concert that night. (When the wind is from the east, do you ever smell cheese, beer, and bratwurst? That’s where we’ll be coming from!)

Brian, the thing that I probably dig most about you and your music is that it’s not only just about as much fun as you can have in public ( Very Happy !), but the fact that your faith shines through. I know that your faith is important to you, because you’ve stated as much in interviews, and you’ve shown it in your music.

I realize it’s pretty cheeky for a guy like me to call out a request, but I was hoping you’d consider playing “Were You There” on Good Friday. I’m sorry to be making this request in such a public forum, but I just wasn’t quite sure how else to make sure the thought would get to you. (Of course, I have no guarantee you’ll see this either, but I know you know about us, and if I had a bunch of people expressing their appreciation of me on the internet, I’d be reading it all the time!)

God bless you, Brian. Congratulations on your recent tours! I hope you have some time to relax a bit before 4/10. See you then!

Dave
(a.k.a. Bear85)
Back to top Go down

A song request for Brian's birthday party
Page 1 of 1