Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Different version of Don't say you love me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

Different version of Don't say you love me Empty
PostSubject: Different version of Don't say you love me   Different version of Don't say you love me Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:40 am

eh...

Last edited by Kelley on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Different version of Don't say you love me   Different version of Don't say you love me Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:07 am

It's not the same song
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Different version of Don't say you love me   Different version of Don't say you love me Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:55 am

yeah...

Last edited by Kelley on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Different version of Don't say you love me   Different version of Don't say you love me Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:58 pm

But you said it was a different version which would imply it was the same song, only a different arrangement!
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Different version of Don't say you love me   Different version of Don't say you love me Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:25 pm

That reminds me of the time I was buying some music for a 50's-themed restaurant I managed, and I came across Neil Sedaka's Greatest Hits. I always got requests for Calendar Girl and Breaking Up Is Hard to Do, so I figured it was a worthwhile investment. Anyway, one of the tracks on there was called Stairway to Heaven. No, not that Stairway to Heaven. Not even close.

Once in a while, I would get diners who would ask me to turn off the Happy Days crap and play some real rock-n-roll, like The Doors or Led Zeppelin. I couldn't resist asking them if "Stairway to Heaven" might make them happy.

Smart-ass-a-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Different version of Don't say you love me   Different version of Don't say you love me Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:48 pm

the Stairway to Heaven included in that kitsch Sedaka's CD was the one that Setzer recorded for Rockabilly Riot??

I can imagine the BSO covering Led Zep's version... It would be a blast!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Different version of Don't say you love me   Different version of Don't say you love me Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:19 pm

Stairway to Nowhere, Jon. Setzer was traveling on a Stairway to Nowhere. Also a completely different song. Neil Sedaka wouldn't be caught anywhere near a "Rockabilly Riot." Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Remember the '68 CBS shows when Setzer would bring out the double-neck for 5 years, 4 months, 3 days and noodle around with the opening to Zep's Stairway to Heaven?

And It Makes Me Wonder-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different version of Don't say you love me   Different version of Don't say you love me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different version of Don't say you love me
Page 1 of 1