Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984

Go down 
+11
Twenty Flight Rick
Frenchyfab
Pistol Pete
Hot Rod Girl
Rickabilly
mjcodina
FrenchyCat
Setzerado
Le Hub'
JC
Kelley
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Setzerado

Setzerado

Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:42 am

Rickabilly wrote:
The only redeeming thing I can think of regarding these horrid clips is that it is proof of how iconic a tune "Rock This Town" is. Now That's What I Call Crap Vol. 59-a-billy

Perfectly said
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:45 am

shaker wrote:

Well I was being polite when I said "Oh Dear"
Setzerado really said what I was thinking with "What's that s**t ??"
Not Cheesy nor Cool. Sh!te!
The Stray Cats roots are firmly in the 50's not the 80's and should never ever be compared with music from the 80's!

Thanks a lot Wink .
About the roots, it's my round to think like you Shaker.
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:43 am

Rickabilly wrote:
Lt. Dangle and Reno's finest are a phenomenon from this decade, believe it or not. You should watch more TV, Tiger Beat. The internet rots your brain! Very Happy

By the way, the Stray Cats last charted in the US Top 40 in 1983, less than 2 years after their first US hit, promptly broke up in 1984, completed a contractual obligation album in 1986, reunited in 1989, couldn't get a record label outside of Australia to release Let's Go Faster, (Japan caught on shortly thereafter) had to seek out a label with questionable distribution capabilities to release the mighty fine Choo Choo Hot Fish, and sought refuge among their loyal Japanese fans releasing Original Cool in Japan only (until a European re-issue 3 years later.) I expect most of the Setzer-come-latelys around here who rediscovered Setzer with the BSO weren't following the Stray Cats then, and may be unaware of just how "under-the-radar" they were from 1985 on. (With the possible exception of 1989's Blast Off - where they made appearances on Letterman and Arsenio.) Even Rumble in Brixton's CD and DVD sales were sluggish at best.

For years, you couldn't ask the "When are the Stray Cats gettin' back together?" question without watching Lee or Brian cringe.

So, Stray Cats may not meet the typical definition of a band that "lasts." But I am sure glad they keep coming back.

Which is why the tours and live appearances that are happening now are so special. Because the Stray Cats don't happen all that often. After April 10, who knows when we'll see them again? Hopefully, with all our support, they'll decide it's much too fun to stay away for too long.

Punky Brewster, Kids Incorporated, The Goonies, Alf... somehow, they just don't seem to belong in a discussion with Stray Cats. Despite the fact that they were largely a brief phenomenon in the 80s, the Stray Cats seem to have a more timeless quality than a lot of 1980s kitsch.

Where's the Beef-a-billy

Man, you hit the nail on the head! Us long time fans know what has been going on, and thanks to the internet and forums like these, we have a voice to express ourselves, inform others and learn from as well.
Well said Rikabilly.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 4:28 am

blah blah

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 5:01 am

kelleyM wrote:
Shaker I knew exactly what you meant, my
eyes were totally swollen shut from weeping after seeing that comment,
that really hurt
okay so all my posts and I am shit!!! I'm a piece of shit to you guys, okay then *shrugs* damn

Kelley at no time did I infer that you were a piece of shit nor would I ever do that.
The version of Rock This Town mimed by a bunch of precocious kids was what I was referring to!
The comments by me and I'm pretty sure the other posts weren't directed at you personally so please don't take offence.

Peace
John
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 5:11 am

thank you John for that

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:05 am

Frenchy,
sound quality is 9/10 and the performance is excellent. The Cats really had a good time and Setzer mentioned Pistol Pete & Aussie Sam between Gene & Eddie and Gina, quite curious!

Set list was as the European, but encores are Built For Speed, Rockabilly Rules, Sweet Love On My Mind and Something Else.

I still have to edit, remove audience noise between some songs (too much for me) and encores (I only leave the necesary to make it like a real show) and amplify it a little bit
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:09 am

JonPascual wrote:
Frenchy,
sound quality is 9/10 and the performance is excellent. The Cats really had a good time and Setzer mentioned Pistol Pete & Aussie Sam between Gene & Eddie and Gina, quite curious! Who are they?? Laughing

Set list was as the European, but encores are Built For Speed, Rockabilly Rules, Sweet Love On My Mind and Something Else. ---> Excellent songs!!

I still have to edit, remove audience noise between some songs (too much for me) and encores (I only leave the necesary to make it like a real show) and amplify it a little bit

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Frenchyfab

Frenchyfab

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:38 am

SO passionated discussion about a show made by children for children, i was thinking that may be in the 80's a little boy (or a girl) with children's ears could have listened to that show and may be that show give him the vocation to Rock'n'roll.
that's all the violence i wish to that little boy or girl...
Cheezy, I learn a new word today, that means some kind of "Guimauve" in French or i like that one "Cul Cul la praline".

We don't have 911 show in France, Rickabilly, so i thought your avatar was the 7th members of Village People some king of Sexy Coast Guard!

(N.S.)Y.W.C.A Frenchyfab
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:56 am

Tiger Beat! Come here, you!

This is a discussion forum. If the discussions are all one-sided, how boring would that be? You can't expect everyone to stroke your ego with the token "Thanks for sharing" blah blah every time you post something. I know you're not that needy. In saturating the board with hundreds of Youtube clips, sooner or later you're bound to give us a few that make us cringe. Any of us could go to Youtube and seek out these clips if we had the time, but we'd rather spend it here. You help give us the best of both worlds.

I definitely wasn't clear about what you were saying when you said when "don't forget guys the Stray Cats were from the 80s." It sounded like you were teasing us that we should embrace all things 80s because the Stray Cats were from the 80s. When I think of 80s bands, I think of your beloved Culture Club, A Flock of Seagulls, Human League, Shalamar, etc.... I would never put Stray Cats in with those bands. But I readily acknowledge most people do. Which is another reason why we are so passionate about our Stray Cats. Millions of people don't get it. There's a sort of exclusivity for those of us who do. As much as I would love for them to enjoy massive success again, I do like the closesness and camraderie that comes from a tight-knit group of fans who are here, not because they've jumped on some bandwagon, but because they're fiercely loyal to the band they love.

I figured you put up this cheese-tastic video so we could shower it with groans and mock outrage. These clips were posted a while back and we all made fun of how awful they were. We certainly weren't attacking the person who posted it then. And we aren't now.

Kumbaya-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:21 am

This might be a good time to revisit Mandy's posting guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:35 pm

yeah...

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:42 am

Kelley, no offense. We all like a lot your posts. We can say "this video is a real shit" without thinking one second that YOU are shit.
I personally really found that this video was a "shit" and I've laugh at it. As often, I tell you "thanks for sharing Kelley" (excuse me Rick). We can spend a good moment watching a bad video.
I hope you understand what I mean. I'm sure Shaker or Setzerado feel the same.
Everybody here likes you Kelley. Aloha.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:57 am

ha ha ha

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:21 am

Suggested Guidelines are no more than a suggestion, not an obligation... so we are all free to say whatever we think... you know, shit, fuck, tits, wee, poo ;-)

Take A Break, Guys!
(ta ta raaaa, ta ta raaaa!!!)
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:09 am

JonPascual wrote:
Suggested Guidelines are no more than a suggestion, not an obligation... so we are all free to say whatever we think... you know, shit, fuck, tits, wee, poo ;-)

Take A Break, Guys!
(ta ta raaaa, ta ta raaaa!!!)

Errrrr....let me just say this....

Suggested Guidelines, when they are posted by the Administrator (ie: owner) of a private forum site, should be taken rather seriously. They provide a playbook of sorts for people to follow the rules. Be careful, because complete disregard of "suggested guidelines" might just come back to bite you in the hind end.

Common sense is, unfortunately, not so common.
hrg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:34 am

Then, it should be changed to "mandatory guidelines" rather than "suggested guidelines". If a suggestion is going to be mandatory, then, we should revise all our vocabulary...
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:35 am

Since when did "Don't be an asshole" have to be written down?

I realize the Japan and Aussie tours are over, and boredom starts to set in. But that's no reason to return to the tired foolishness of trying to get a rise out of people.

Let's try to stay focused on the common interests that brought us here in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:51 am

That's why we are here-a-billy!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:14 am

JonPascual wrote:
Suggested Guidelines are no more than a suggestion, not an obligation... so we are all free to say whatever we think...

Oh no Jon, please ! Things were so goods this last months. Let's keeping them like that ok ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:45 am

Right... I'm not starting anything; I've just said what "suggestion" meant.
The rest is up to you!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:49 am

Ok.
Eso es una buena cosa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:51 am

Merci, ChooChoo.

Hope things are clear...
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:54 am

Claro que si hombre !
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:40 am

Rickabilly wrote:
The only redeeming thing I can think of regarding these horrid clips is that it is proof of how iconic a tune "Rock This Town" is. Had it been released today, I think it still would be a hit, and of course, the Kidz Bop franchise would be all over it.

Now That's What I Call Crap Vol. 59-a-billy

LOL

Thinking about the Jonas Brothers singing Rock this town made me puke mentally^^
Damn why do all young people (exept webby and me^^) have so crappy taste of music.?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984   Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock this town Kids Incorporated 1984
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next