Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

still at it. good!

Go down 
+8
Aussie_Sam
Kelley
pony65k
matt
Andi
Kid Setzer
Spanishdavid
Minnesota Fats
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Fats

Minnesota Fats

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:33 am

hello. i saw the la bamba movie last week and got to thinking about brian setzer. so i googled his name to see what happened to him. good to see the stray cats are still struting around. we saw them a couple of times back in the day. i was among the only afro-cats who were ever at there shows. ha ha ha i was also possibly speaking the only homosexual afro-cat at their shows to. ha! anyways. props to brian for still being around.
right on.
big man sherm
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Fats

Minnesota Fats

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:41 pm

hello again. what? is it 2009 or 1959? i am a gay black man and i liked the music of the stray cats from the 80's era. you all don't have an issue with that right? come on.

Last edited by Minnesota Fats on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:51 pm

Big Man Sherm,

I don´t care if you are gay or straight, black or white, tall or short, pitcher or catcher.... that´s not the point here; what it matters here is our common passion for rock´n´roll and for Brian and the Cats´music.

I don´t think no one is gonna bother you for your sexual option.

But man.... don´t copy and paste private messages... that´s not cool.... that´s why they are called "private". lol! lol!

Gonna go drink my beer now Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Fats

Minnesota Fats

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:58 pm

right on man. cool. maybe i will edit that pm. hang.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:03 pm

I think you did the right thing.

And by the way, it is cool to have new people on the board.

Great to see that there are still lots of Setzer/Cats fans out there.

Make yourself at home.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Fats

Minnesota Fats

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:12 pm

cool spanish dave. yeah man, i didnt mean nothing. just kind of like a shock that she said that. anyway! all good here. yeah man i saw la bamba again out of the blue and remember that so clear man. i grew up in chi-town and we were all down with the bus boys and the stray cats. the stray cats music to me was just a jump from the blues and shit that my uncles all listened to. same riffs just cute white dudes playing it. you got that seen in spain too or do you live here?
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:21 pm

No worries, man. I´m sure Kelley intended her message in a positive way. She´s a cool person. Maybe she didn´t choose the right words, but I´m sure she had no negative intention in it.

Well, I used to live in the US for some years, but I left a couple years ago. But yeah, I got to see La Bamba here in Spain. That movie has been aired all over the place, I guess.

I got the pleasure to see the Stray Cats, the Brian Setzer Orchestra and his trio live in the US and in Spain (well, not the BSO in Spain though), and man.... it´s always fantastic.

I bet you have some interesting stories to share with us about those years when you discovered Setzer´s music.

I´m off to bed, getting close to midnite here in Spain.

Buenas noches, and away, welcome on board! There are lots of great people around here, enjoy their conversation.... you always learn something new in here every single day. We are the HoodooVoodoo Family.

Good nite!
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Fats

Minnesota Fats

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:23 pm

spanish dave, man. really man thanks for the welcome. shizz.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Welcome Minnesota Fats!! cheers Very Happy

I agree whole heartedly with Spanishdavid, most of us won't even give your sexual orientation a second thought.. Infact I didn't until I read your second post about the PM you got.. I don't know where you got that from Kelley scratch but yes I'm sure her intentions were good..

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Andi

Andi

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:04 pm

Welcome to the Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Sherm.

Not only is Brian Setzer still at it, he's never stopped working. You can find his official discography here:
http://www.briansetzer.com/discography.php and a near-complete list of his live performances here: http://geocities.com/setzerarchive/

Brian Setzer has garnered a great deal of commercial success since the 80's heyday of Stray Cats. In the early 90's he started the Brian Setzer Orchestra, a rockin' 17 piece big band led by Setzer and his electric guitar. The Orchestra has since earned eight Grammy nominations and three Grammy awards: in 1999 they won Best Pop Performance Duo/Group for "Jump Jive An' Wail," the song that practically defined the swing music revival occurring in America at the time. The album that "Jump Jive An' Wail" appeared on, "The Dirty Boogie," reached #9 on the US album charts. The Orchestra also won two Best Pop Instrumental Performance Grammy awards, for "Sleepwalk" in 1999 and "Caravan" in 2001. In 2007 they released "Wolfgang's Big Night Out," an album of classical tunes with hot, swinging big band arrangements - "WBNO" earned Setzer his 8th Grammy nomination for Best Classical Crossover album of the year.

In 2006 the Brian Setzer Orchestra played the White House at a dinner honoring the Japanese Prime Minister's visit to the US, and they just wrapped up a tour of Japan in February 2009. (Japan loves Setzer and everything he does). This November, the Orchestra starts their 7th annual Christmas tour in the US, playing their rockin' versions of Christmas classics (see the discography for the BSO's Christmas releases, they're very popular).

In addition to the big band, Setzer has kept his rockabilly roots alive with several excellent releases ranging from 2001's "Ignition," a record filled with red-hot originals by his band '68 Comeback Special, to 2005's "Rockabilly Riot Vol. 1," where Setzer recreated some lesser-known rockabilly classics with the kind of loving attention to detail and incredible talent that can only come from the undisputed King of the Cats.

From August-October 2008, Stray Cats celebrated their 30th anniversary with a farewell tour of Europe. Immediately following the BSO Japan tour, in February 2009 Stray Cats did their Australian farewell tour, playing the land down under for the first time in 17 years and selling out 4 nights in Melbourne, 2 in Sydney, 2 in Brisbane as well as Perth, Adelaide and Auckland.

In 1999 Setzer's musical achievements were recognized by Gibson guitars with his win of the Orville H. Gibson Lifetime Achievement Award. For years he has had a line of signature Gretsch guitars, made to his specifications, that are considered by Gretsch players to be some of the finest guitars available.

Again, welcome!
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Fats

Minnesota Fats

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:06 pm

too much! go go go!! you all are so dang cool. thank you for the info and welcome. man. this is the place.
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Welcome Fats any kind off love is good man there's to much
hate in the world just now. Cool nickname by the way
Back to top Go down

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Hey Fats, welcome!
Hah, funny comment! This is 2009 but for some people this might be 1959 ;-)

Enjoy it here!!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:38 pm

Hey Fats.

Welcome on board the Mystery Train. No room for any discrimination on these boards. It's all about our love for all things Brian Setzer and nothing else. Enjoy the journey my friend, you're in for one hell of a ride.

Regards,

René (pony65k)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Kelley

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:41 am

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Kelley on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:59 am

Hey welcome aboard, I'm here because I love Brian Setzer not to descriminate or judge people. Hope you have fun.

Sam.
Back to top Go down

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:20 am

Sam, I rather like you better when you look like a Japanese, you know what I mean, heheh.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:16 am

Hello Fats and welcome on the board.
I sincerely hope you'll have good time here among us.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:39 am

Welcome to the board, this is the best place on the web! Very Happy

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Minnesota Fats

Minnesota Fats

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:37 am

what a welcome! man you people know how to make a boy feel welcome! thank you. maybe i will have to come around here more than i planned.

i have to tell the honest truth though, i don't think i am as passionate as you all. in the 1980's i was with a member of the bus boys' road crew and while i was travelling around on their tour where they was opening for the stray cats i first heard their sound first hand. good band absolutely. like chuck berry says, "if you gonna steal, steal from the best" and those 3 cuties sure did.

thank you again for making me feel at home.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:42 am

Minnesota Fats wrote:
like chuck berry says, "if you gonna steal, steal from the best" and those 3 cuties sure did.

You are funny, man....

lol!

Like I said yesterday, good to have you on board.

You see, people here are cool.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Fats

Minnesota Fats

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:59 am

oh snap! dave, you know where i'm at with that! those boys melted hearts all over the globe man! there was a club in p-town that did a disco remix of that song they did 'no you can't hurry love' they had all the boys on the floor with that one.
Back to top Go down
daddio66in2008

daddio66in2008

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:48 pm

New Shoes in Bloomington, In 1982, First time I saw the cats live. 48 hours rock on. What a punk I was.......................... come on April 10th.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/daddio66in2000
Kelley

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Kelley on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:17 am

Hello cutie Kelley,

Brian's 50th birhtday party is sold out, no ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

still at it. good! Empty
PostSubject: Re: still at it. good!   still at it. good! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

still at it. good!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next