Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

College football just around the corner...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daddio

Daddio

College football just around the corner... Empty
PostSubject: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:57 pm

and I kin hardly wait fer it! 8 home games has my Nebraska U daughter wondering about her marching band commitment! She'll do it because she must! V-Tech in Lincoln this fall, I know there's a VT fan out there on this board. Come to Lincoln for a great game time.
We're jazzed cuz we gots new coaches and a new attitude. We even sold out our practice Spring game! Nutso, man.
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: AHHHH!   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 7:11 am

College football just around the corner... Patrunning

AAAHHHHH! Life begins again!

LET"S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS !!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerrylinger.com
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:55 am

Watch this to understand what we're trying to get back to in Lincoln:

Yeah, everybody has a highlight tape, but, man, how did that dude from Wyoming survive that hit at about the 1:32 point? affraid
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:48 pm

Daddio--
Now that's the kind of football Momma likes!!! Man I got my fingers crossed this season!! My kids are starting to understand why Mommy yells at the TV during football games! I'm so proud!
If my son keeps on practicing his baritone, he could be out there marching with the Huskers some day! queen
Let's get this show on the road!!!
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:43 pm

NJ, where have you been, girl? Here're some links of NU music you may enjoy:

This is the NU Marching band song followed by "Hail Varsity"

These tunes come after the band, with hijinks, marches to the stadium. They stop in formation and launch into these tunes! I'm sure Rickabilly remembers this!

Go Big Red!
Go college football!

Here's Daughter #1 before NU-KSU last season. She just today (08/17/19) auditioned and made it in again!

College football just around the corner... 100_0974

Last edited by Daddio on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added huge photo!)
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:27 am

Oh Daddio.

That little video made me miss UNL like no other.

I really wish I had the chance to make it down for some game-day action this year.

My fiancee and I are considering driving down for our honeymoon in late september, maybe spending a week in lincoln. Only down side, not really as "beachy" as we are thinkin.

Cheers from an Alumni.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:30 pm

johnnykool327 wrote:
Oh Daddio.

That little video made me miss UNL like no other.

I really wish I had the chance to make it down for some game-day action this year.

My fiancee and I are considering driving down for our honeymoon in late september, maybe spending a week in lincoln. Only down side, not really as "beachy" as we are thinkin.

Cheers from an Alumni.

-BK

BK, thanks and good luck with the post-honeymoon, btw! My girl is torn about continuing her band involvement next year, but she's having a great time in camp now so you never know!
For all your Husker updates just click here or here for all the info you'll ever need!
GBR from central Iowa,
-Daddio
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:21 pm

jk327--
What? HuskerNation is not as "beachy" as you'd hoped? Why you haven't been here in a while, have you???
Holmes Lake has been dredged and fresh sand hauled in!! How much more "beachy" does it get than that???
If you're thinking of coming in September you know darn well you could pack your swimsuit AND your parka if you're going to visit for a week!!!
I supposed for a honeymoon your fiance' is thinking more along the lines of fresh salt water, white sands, palm trees, cabana boy, romantic sunsets, etc etc. Ok, ok....I get the point!!
~enjay
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:38 am

WELL....

we were actually talking about honeymoons today, and we want to book a hotel for immediately after the wedding soon, as we are now 29 days away.

We had to re-hash the option of going to Lincoln. I love Lincoln, and she has always enjoyed it when she would visit, SO, the idea of going back to Nebraska is once again an option...

Smile

I guess any reason to go see Rickabilly is a good reason.

Just as long as noone tells Jenny that I actually am only considering Lincoln for Rickabilly.

Ok, not entirely true, sorry rick, you still kick ass though!

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:23 pm

Since I'm not eligible to catch the bouquet, I'll gladly tag along on your honeymoon! Just remember, I was a wedding DJ in Lincoln for 13 years, NOT a honeymoon videographer!

I would love to see you and the lovely Jenny again, but I hope that Lincoln is merely one stopping point on your celebration of wedded bliss. Come to Lincoln to visit, (there are five home football games in a row coming up!) but even if it has to be several months from now, save a up and take the girl somewhere special. (And I don't mean International Falls, MN in January!)

Goin' to the Chapel-billy
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:45 am

Honeymoon videographer? What kind of honeymoon did YOU have? scratch
Sorry, three's one too many on a honeymoon!

BK--spend couple extra dollars on gas and take your new bride PAST Lincoln at least to Kansas City where she could do some righteous shopping (if you can't think of anything else to do!).

But whatever you do...DO NOT let Rickabilly talk you into a "honeymoon videographer"!!
Ewww!!! Razz
~enjay
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:27 am

Hey, all! Here's our Meg on the field during the CMB exhibition last Friday night (22 Aug). She's right up front on the right side of the formation for pre-game, which makes it easier to find her!

College football just around the corner... 101_1438

She swears she wasn't mad that night, but every shot has her lookin' grumpy except this one. I guess a week of band camp 7am to 10pm for 6 days will do that to ya!

We're game-bound tomorrow, so Go Big Red!!!! cheers

UPDATE 08/30/2008: Here are a couple pix from Saturday...the first is before pregame warmup...

College football just around the corner... Pregame_wmu_0830

The second is during the dance-&-march to the stadium...

College football just around the corner... 101_1468

Next, on the field during the pregame show!

College football just around the corner... 101_1471

Last is the dance-&-march out of the stadium post-game... Meg's the one smilin' at the top left...

College football just around the corner... 101_1474

Go Big Red Band!!!
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: LIFE BEGINS - FOOTBALL RETURNS   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:55 am

College football just around the corner... Wvugirls4sm

Let's Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mountaineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers !
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:11 pm

Ah shore do hope them 3 in the granny panties ain't yer young'n's, Sharky. Jus' what part of the band is they in? Very Happy

How'd your Mountaineers do this weekend?
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Daddio wrote:

How'd your Mountaineers do this weekend?

They won their home opener. This next week is only East Carolina, but they just beat a half way decent Virginia Tech squad so it could be close.

We're still No. 8.

PS: My used to be Bo Pellini's Dentist. How do them huskers like him?
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Daddio wrote:
Ah shore do hope them 3 in the granny panties ain't yer young'n's, Sharky. Jus' what part of the band is they in? Very Happy

One of 'em is - and the picture was her Momma's idea!
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:19 am

Sharky wrote:
Daddio wrote:

One of 'em is - and the picture was her Momma's idea!

Momma don't let yer babies grow up to be on the Color Guard! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:49 am

College football just around the corner... Jdbowl

TONIGHT - ESPN

"Almost Heaven, West Virginia" vs. "Rocky Mountain High, Colorado"
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:14 pm

Sharky--
You're naughty!
Razz
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 7:49 am

I ROCK!!!!!
I just scored a ticket to the NE vs. Virginia Tech game tomorrow!!!! I don't want to jinx anything but I think it's an extremely, amazingly, AWESOME ticket!!! I can't wait!!! I've had to deal with a lot of crap the last few weeks and this is just the pick me up I wanted/needed!!!
GO HUSKERS!!!!
Maybe you'll see me on the tele! I'll be the one in red, wearing a Husker t-shirt!!!
cherry SCORE!!!! cheers cherry cheers cherry cheers cherry cheers
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:44 am

Congrats to the Hokies on this one! I did not share the over-the-top optimism with some on NU's chances but still hoped for a win. Alas, it was not to be. Sad The Red are still several notches below what's needed, but, in a few years Bo will have them back on top! Enjay, I hope you enjoyed the atmosphere, at least, and watching the team NOT quit when down! My daughter #2 spent the weekend with daughter #1 and, of course, the Band ROCKED! I've said all along that the first thing I want to see is effort and that's been a breath of fresh compared to the last few years. cheers Now if we can figure out how to handle Mizzou!
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:29 pm

Daddio-
What a game, huh? I thought the team played great, and you 're right, they played hard till the bitter end. VT did a great job.
I had awesome seats for the game, on the 45 yd. line, west stadium. And if you saw Vince Ferragamo on the "big screen" at the game I was 3 rows in front of & about 7 seats to the right of where he was standing for his close up! It was great!
The band was amazing as well. The new uniforms look very sharp and the band was dead on for both performances.
Yep. It was a great night, even if the score wasn't what I wanted.
Good luck to the Huskers next week!
cheers cherry
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:00 pm

We'll be there Saturday for Mizzou. Evil or Very Mad
Come on over to Val's on Holdrege between 4:30 & 5. Band practices until 4:30 and then meets back at Westbrook at 6:30 so we're taking daughter #1 out to eat with my cousin and her hubbie. Just hollar, "Hey, Daddio!" and I'll be the one ducking under the table! Very Happy
GBR!!!
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:19 am

Mrs. Funn and I will be in L-town for the Baylor-NU game with mixed emotions. Our marching daughter will not be in the band next year so
this will be our last chance to see her live and in-person. Sad
Everyone have a great CFB weekend and if you must, Go Big Red!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Hope you enjoy your last (?) Big Red game for a while?
I really, REALLY hope this won't be the last time you see your daughter "live & in person" though. (just a joke!) You know she'll just be moving on to bigger & better things.
My bro' loved being in UNL marching band, and always wondered why they didn't have professional marching bands. Come on, they have professional football. There's the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. Why no professional marching bands? Go figure!
Me & my boys will be spending the day packing & getting ready for a weeklong trip to CA. Leaving on Sunday morning at about 4 a.m. Laughing
Hope the Huskers do us proud, as always. No time for celebrating though. Not till after the bowl game!! Ha ha!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College football just around the corner...   College football just around the corner... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College football just around the corner...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next