Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

etiquette question for you all

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

etiquette question for you all Empty
PostSubject: etiquette question for you all   etiquette question for you all Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:18 pm

okay I want all your opinions on this scenario:

say you run a restaurant like my brother and I do, and a customer walks up to you and asks how the food is or what do you recommend, what do you tell them?

today for example, a customer asked how our tacos are and he was like "well it's a taco!! a taco's a taco!!" real mean like throwing up his hands and I gasped and I explained to the customer that are tacos are very good and shook my head at my brother, who insists that it was a stupid question for the customer to ask!!
Shocked
very embarrassing and he does this all the time too, he wasn't just 'having a bad day'
I'm like my dad, I like to tell small stories to people, shoot the breeze, know what I mean?

anyway what have you all done when a customer asks a question about your product that you're selling?
(I mean we are selling a product, doesn't my brother know that one, d'oh!!!) geek

Last edited by kelleyM on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: etiquette question for you all   etiquette question for you all Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:05 pm

If a customer asks how something is you tell them what they want to hear Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: etiquette question for you all   etiquette question for you all Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:45 pm

true..

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: etiquette question for you all   etiquette question for you all Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 3:50 am

Seriously, I think Kid is totally right.
I mean in that kind of case you have to say to the customer what is he waiting for to hear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: etiquette question for you all   etiquette question for you all Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:27 am

First of all my dear Kelley, fire you brother, just to prevent any useless response, and secondly... add a picture next to the description. It would be a great deal of help to avoid those questions
Back to top Go down
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

PostSubject: Re: etiquette question for you all   etiquette question for you all Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:55 am

kelleyM wrote:
okay I want all your opinions on this scenario:

say you run a restaurant like my brother and I do, and a customer walks up to you and asks how the food is or what do you recommend, what do you tell them?

today for example, a customer asked how our tacos are and he was like "well it's a taco!! a taco's a taco!!" real mean like throwing up his hands and I gasped and I explained to the customer that are tacos are very good and shook my head at my brother, who insists that it was a stupid question for the customer to ask!!
Shocked
very embarrassing and he does this all the time too, he wasn't just 'having a bad day'
I'm like my dad, I like to tell small stories to people, shoot the breeze, know what I mean?

anyway what have you all done when a customer asks a question about your product that you're selling?
(I mean we are selling a product, doesn't my brother know that one, d'oh!!!) geek

I've worked in a shop (ok not a restuarant) for 21 years....and i've heard everything.
I think however stunned you are by a customer question, try not to show it.....you can always scream when they've gone!
My trade is DIY.....and i've been asked 'Do you sell Bumper cars?' (like the one's you ride at the fair)
And....'Can you help me find my wife?....i've forgotten what she looks like'

And....'Can i trust you....I'm a secret agent working for the government, don'tT tell anyone.'

And....'I've been waiting in this queue for 30 seconds what are you going to do about it?'
Etc.

Customers can be difficult because they bring their MOOD into the place with them....then take it out on the staff there.
So taco's....well they might be asking if they are tasty (thinking that the staff might be able to reccomend them) or they might be thinking is it a large or small one, (value for money etc).

Quote :
fire you brother, just to prevent any useless response, and secondly... add a picture next to the description. It would be a great deal of help to avoid those questions
Jon, were you born rude.....or does it just come from years of being rejected? - experience?
I'm sorry if it's just the way you write your english, but sometimes you just come over plain rude. Was that a joke to say fire your brother?
Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: etiquette question for you all   etiquette question for you all Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

etiquette question for you all
Page 1 of 1