Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

stray cats live in holland on cd !

Go down 
+5
Spanishdavid
christopher
laurent327
johnnykool327
lonesomecat
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

stray cats live in holland on cd ! Empty
PostSubject: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:06 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lonesomecatz
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:35 pm

just reported it on ebay.

I admit I would love to get a hold of that item, but, if people can't follow the rules...

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:16 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:26 pm

Well, I don't see why ANYONE has to report that Stray Cats CD... it's unofficial, I know, but what's the matter?? If you don't want it, don't buy it but don't think that should have been reported... same with the tickets scalping and all that... you don't want it, don't get it but let the people do their business. That's just my point of view, no offense to anyone.

And Lonesome Cat... the seller is a good friend of mine, so, don't think he should go and fuck off
Back to top Go down
christopher

christopher

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
And Lonesome Cat... the seller is a good friend of mine
Ah, the seller is you?!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:42 pm

No. The seller is a friend of Jon... but is not Jon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Nop, the seller is NOT me, but a friend of mine.
Had it been a friend of YOURS and you'd be praising him for selling a copy of the show for such a low price and if you are going to report all what can't be sold on Ebay, you should start doing it with other things...
Back to top Go down
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:03 am

bla bla bla
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:14 pm

Exactly, that's what you say when you don't have anything to say "BLA BLA BLA WHAT?????"
Back to top Go down
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:19 am

go and fuck yourself ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:56 am

Sure I will, cheers! Auf der idlen Spenderer!
Back to top Go down
Jess

Jess

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:23 am

This is way to stupid.... (to understand for me)

This kind of bootleg should not be any kind of problem to any artist. People who buy this is hardcore fans, they have got all the official releases, some even in different pressings.
What can be a problem to antist ist is fuc.... up record deal, made in the youth by the artist, and the record label still doing stupid kind of compilations albums. Of cause it's the fault of the youngster signing the contract, but still.....
But having a few bootlegs sold, only tells you, this is a really interesting artist.
As long as it does not get a industri, with a few people making a lot of money for themself, that's not ok. But as a fan I will still buy them all.

I had a talk to Chris of the Living End this summer about it. Chris told me, he dosen't mind the bootlegs, but of cause, to him, sometimes stupid recordings never meant to be released to the public.
And Chris will sign all my Living End bootlegs in November Cool

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.taggytones.dk

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:28 am

I completely agree with you, Rass.
Besides, there's nothing artists can do against it. It's just a live recording, you might trade it, buy it... and sure some artists do collect bootlegs by others!!
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:41 am

I can't understand why anyone on here would object to bootlegs. Surely the kind of person obsessed enough to spend serious time in some artist's chat room is the kind of person who probably has at least one of every official item ever released ( I count myself among that group!). The only people buying bootlegs are the kind of people like US aren't they - looking for anything new different etc to feed our 'habit'. A lot of my bootlegs get played more thsn the offical stuff - Brian isn't losing sales 'cos we buy boots instead of live stuff -we buy them on top of the official stuff. My all time favoutite Setzer items are the 68 CBS Live In Hamburg CD and the Knife era live CD -I think it gets called 'Lonely Cat' sometimes(?) where he does the absolute best ever version of Breath Of Life and reworks Rock This Town and Stray Cat Strut for a two guitar format. Let's face it, if you're not being bootlegged then it suggest you're just not that popular!!!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:20 am

I think what people, including artists, object to is the insane amounts of money some of these boots sell for. They feel like the fans are getting ripped off, and the money is probably going to some individual who is not a fan at all, but an opportunistic money-grubbing weasel who sells boots from all kinds of artists. People spending $50-$60 bucks for 2 CDs of a muffled audience recording with talking and clapping over it set a dangerous standard for what the market will bear. Chances are those of you paying those amounts are being bid up by an accomplice or alias of the seller!

I prefer these recordings circulate among traders and friends, and NOT on eBay. Of course, I do remember what it's like to not have a whole lot to trade and being snubbed by traders simply because they already have everything you have to offer. In that case, I suppose eBay is the last refuge.

In any case, it is an absolutely ridiculous topic over which to fight and exchange profanities.

Give Peas a Chance-a-billy
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:48 am

I am with you Scatcatsnut. As a collector myself im still looking for two or tree of the old bootlegs from the 80s
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Speak with Jon. He will make your dreams come true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:09 am

Ermmm.... well, I can help a bit, but not that much
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:30 am

CĀ“mon, Jon... you know you are a Setzer freak and you know it all about him lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:16 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stray cats live in holland on cd !   stray cats live in holland on cd ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stray cats live in holland on cd !
Page 1 of 1