Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I had to share this, it's too big not to.

Go down 
+4
ScottS
Brent
Bear85
johnnykool327
8 posters
AuthorMessage
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

I had to share this, it's too big not to. Empty
PostSubject: I had to share this, it's too big not to.   I had to share this, it's too big not to. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:02 pm

Tonight, in my bowling league, with my Dad and Uncles by my side, I achieved my biggest goal on the lanes.

24 years after I started bowling, I eclipsed with a perfect 300 game tonight.

Ain't nothing gonna bring me down.

And, just when you thought it couldn't get any better?

Despite the massive budget cuts going on in my wife's district, she landed a position in her same school, without being tenured, and will finally be in her own classroom.

It is a great week.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: I had to share this, it's too big not to.   I had to share this, it's too big not to. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:06 am

Long live the King! And Queen!

Congrats to both of you on your good news(es). Excellent news about Mrs. johnnykool, and that 300...wow! It's not even the game so much as that your family was there to see it! Are you guys all in the same league or something?

Edit: OK, just watched the video. They were all cool as cukes! I've never seen one in person - I always imagined there'd be more drama, like everybody in the place stops and watches. Real life never has background music, either. And you! Didn't stand up there thinking about it for too long...ready, aim , fire. Boy that really is neat, Brian! Good for you!
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: I had to share this, it's too big not to.   I had to share this, it's too big not to. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:23 am

Brian...that is amazing!!!!! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: I had to share this, it's too big not to.   I had to share this, it's too big not to. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:29 pm

That was awesome!

Congratulations
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: I had to share this, it's too big not to.   I had to share this, it's too big not to. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:58 pm

that is cool.. after I saw the video I realized you werent april foolin
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: I had to share this, it's too big not to.   I had to share this, it's too big not to. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:46 pm

Thank you Thank you Thank YOU!

On my bowling team, I have my dad, 2 uncles, 2 cousins, and a few of our good friends. We actually are sponsored by a restaurant, it's kinda up and coming. You may have heard of it, it's called 'Hooters'.

As much as I hate our sponsor (seriously, I have had their wings and am quite fond, but, think the whole gimmick is disgusting.) I love wearing my bowling shirt. Because it is a GIANT hooters logo on the front. Anytime I go to the grocery store after bowling each Thursday, I KNOW people are staring at me!

But anyway, my dad has easily been my biggest 'coach' in my entire bowling career, since the age of 3. I never really was taught how to bowl, and he could attest to it. Bowling and Golf I just kinda picked up and was able to understand and implement the bodily mechanics needed to be kinda good at these things. He was the one holding the camera making the video, he knew how important this was to me, and I can't thank him enough for saving this for me.

I always wanted to get a 300, and, to have my dad there, I couldn't really ask for a whole lot more. I called my wife right after the game, my dad got my mom on the phone at the same time, and we were able to share it all together. Everyone in my family bowls, from my grandparents to my 9 year old cousin, it is just something we do.

To all those who will be celebrating, and to all those who might be interested in celebrating,

Happy Easter

-BK and JK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: I had to share this, it's too big not to.   I had to share this, it's too big not to. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 6:29 am

Hey Brian,
Wow! 300! Way to go. That's amazing, and super cool that everyone was there to celebrate with you. Treasure that for a long time.

And congrats to your wife for getting her own classroom! Happy days ahead. Life is smiling down on you both at the moment. Wonderful!

Happy Easter to you both,
hrg
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: I had to share this, it's too big not to.   I had to share this, it's too big not to. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:54 pm

JK--
Awesome! What a thrill ride! Congrats to you & Mrs. K! Best of luck to her, and may another 300 be not too far behind for you!
king queen
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: I had to share this, it's too big not to.   I had to share this, it's too big not to. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:00 pm

That was AWESOME! A new bowling alley just opened a block from my house, now I'm inspired to get out there and bowl!

Congrats to you and the Mrs.!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I had to share this, it's too big not to.   I had to share this, it's too big not to. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I had to share this, it's too big not to.
Page 1 of 1