Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here's an interesting setzer model question.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
prescriptionamerica

Here's an interesting setzer model question. Empty
PostSubject: Here's an interesting setzer model question.   Here's an interesting setzer model question. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Or i guess it could pertain to any guitar really. So...

Besides the fact that nitro celluloise laquer ages/cracks (and yes we all know that most vintage guitars are finished that way), do you think there is really any advantage to the sound/tone? obviously older guitars in most but not all cases sound better due to many reasons such as construction techniques, wood used, and the fact of the wood's aging can produce a sweater sound, but I wonder how much of the finish plays for a role, does the wood, "berath", slightly more or is that just an old wives tale so to speak?

So when it comes down to the setzer ssvl (vintage laquer), or the urethane anybody notice a difference in overall tone?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ossi

ossi

Here's an interesting setzer model question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's an interesting setzer model question.   Here's an interesting setzer model question. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:33 pm

I don't think the paint is a really that important as long as there's some. Very Happy
I'd like to hear 2 completely same guitar with 2 different paint to be
convinced that there's difference, if any.

For the sound I think what matters is how thin/thick the woods are and electronics.

Also setup of the guitar matters more than the paint.

If the guitar is setup tip-top, atleast 0.010 strings and the intonation is OK,
it wil be good. Thin strings may be easier to play but soundwise is no good IMO,
thicker strings make a gretsch sing.
Back to top Go down
http://howlinboozers.com

Here's an interesting setzer model question.
Page 1 of 1