Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
enjay07

One Good Thing - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:15 am

Red toes do make one feel pretty. queen
And if anyone wants to try & end the longstanding debate as to whether that's a wasp or a hornet next to my toes that'd be great!
[img]One Good Thing - Page 5 Red_to11[/img]

Today having a clean house will be great! (must get butt in gear)
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:40 pm

I made lasagna and having the family over. Phillies game starts in a half hour. Very Happy

Now if this humidity would just go away that would be a sweet deal.

Have a good one!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Played baseball with the boys today. Cub scout outing, parents vs. kids. I'm ashamed to say it, but the kids won! BBQ after the game was great too! Good day!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:45 pm

Just got a near mint fridge to replace ours from 92' that just pooped....but then last night washing machine quit, sprinkler anti- siphon valve backed up so the lawn is dying in the heat, and registration on both cars is due.. no money for two weeks.
Waiting patiently for the "Jehovah-Jireh" ...

stay tuned, I'm gonna post something good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Went to the movies to see Ice Age 3. It's hilarious.
Saw "Hangover" on friday, also a really funny movie!
After that we gut drunk in some bar in downtown munich lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Homemade chocolate chip cookies and a fresh pot of coffee.
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:35 pm

We made our annual trip to Bay Beach Amusement Park in Green Bay today. Ferris wheel, merry-go-round, Tilt-A-Whirl, Scrambler, giant slide, picnic lunch...very good things.
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:55 am

I went to see the USS Arizona Memorial today. If you ever have the chance to go to see the tour, or know anything about December 7th, 1941, it's a pretty sobering experience. I mean, I know a lot of the history of that day, and I was somewhat disappointed that the tour wasn't as in-depth as I would have liked, but I understand that not everyone wants to sit down with a bottle of scotch and get educated, like I would.

However...

You get out there, and it's beautiful.

That's all I gotta say about that. God bless the USA.

PS - John Lennon got shot 5 years before I was born, on the day. December 8th, 1980.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:47 am

Bear85 wrote:
We made our annual trip to Bay Beach Amusement Park in Green Bay today. Ferris wheel, merry-go-round, Tilt-A-Whirl, Scrambler, giant slide, picnic lunch...very good things.

Yay! I love this place. We're trying to get a free weekend to take the boys up that way. This summer is going by way to fast!

Good thing today: two free hours all to myself. No responsibilities, no chores, nothing. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:57 am

Now it is six days without work. Neutral cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:02 pm

A good friend of mine won the CD cover contest...YAY..
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:52 pm

aaaaAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKK!!!!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:01 pm

I told ya "the one who supplies all my needs" would come through.
a legal settlement some 20yrs ago will be yielding a $900 this week
and I finally sold one of my mic preamps. Plus I can fix our washing
machine it turns out for $40 AND ANDI Freakin WON the contest!!! THAT is sooo cool and a talent finally given proper respects!! cheers

I know some beg to differ but I dont give a crap.. "glory Hallelujah!!"
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Congrats, Andi! That's totally cool. Great job, too! cheers
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:37 pm

Andi wrote:
aaaaAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKK!!!!

Is it a party going on? Wink cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:59 am

ANDI WON!!! cheers Very Happy

and I am leaving for a camping trip.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:13 am

I was literally giggling as I tried to go to sleep last night. I think I got a total of 3 hours of shut-eye and I don't even care. I'm stopping every couple of minutes in the middle of whatever I'm doing and thinking, "are you kidding me? This isn't a dream? This is REAL?!"

I hope Brian realizes he's stuck with me as his absolute biggest supporter, for the rest of his life and mine.

Good Things abound.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:07 pm

Am I missing something - why do so many of the members have cartoon images of themselves as their avatar? scratch

In any case, one good thing today is that after 5pm today I am officially in weekend mode - no Uni for THREE DAYS!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:18 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Am I missing something - why do so many of the members have cartoon images of themselves as their avatar? scratch

In any case, one good thing today is that after 5pm today I am officially in weekend mode - no Uni for THREE DAYS!! cheers

dont do it, dont give in.. its for people over 30 No
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Andi wrote:
I was literally giggling as I tried to go to sleep last night. I think I got a total of 3 hours of shut-eye and I don't even care. I'm stopping every couple of minutes in the middle of whatever I'm doing and thinking, "are you kidding me? This isn't a dream? This is REAL?!"

I hope Brian realizes he's stuck with me as his absolute biggest supporter, for the rest of his life and mine.

Good Things abound.

sunny

Thats been preety much me everyday since I got the chance to meet Brian!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:43 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Kid Setzer wrote:

Hey! I'm 23, chief!

Kid, I don't know if you can top that other 'comic Kid' version you were sportin' a while back. You may just wanna stick to yer guns! I tried to make mine as realistic as possible - if they had bloodshot eyes and an "I smell like whiskey/beer/etc." function, I woulda used 'em.

Just kidding... but not really. cheers

CHEERS!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Cristo wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Kid Setzer wrote:

Hey! I'm 23, chief!

Kid, I don't know if you can top that other 'comic Kid' version you were sportin' a while back. You may just wanna stick to yer guns! I tried to make mine as realistic as possible - if they had bloodshot eyes and an "I smell like whiskey/beer/etc." function, I woulda used 'em.

Just kidding... but not really. cheers

CHEERS!

pirat tongue
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:51 am

I love the fact that this thread (when it's on topic Razz) makes us focus on the positive. Last night I DJ'd for the first time in many years - and the first time ever for a live crowd of dancers! I had a great time - until the DJ who came on after me, upon meeting me snarled, "this is the only song you've played so far that's been any good." (She was an older lady who, I was told by way of apology, is always extremely opinionated and fussy about dance music. And truth be told, I wasn't crazy about what I heard of her set, but I guess that's the point of having several DJs - variety!)

Anyway, last night as I drove home, I kept focusing on her instead of the rest of the night. This morning I've been smiling, thinking about everything else that happened. Seeing the dance floor full of swing dancers having a ball to my music. (I must not have been *too* bad, they scheduled me to come back and DJ again next month!) Having a ball on the dance floor myself. And especially, reconnecting with some old friends. One in particular stands out.

As I tried to catch my breath after the dance lesson early in the night, a smiling, boisterous fella walked up and said, "you look really familiar, how do I know you?" I started to tell him about my radio show from ten years ago and he suddenly burst out laughing and said "OF COURSE! DUH!" As it turned out, he and his wife used to teach dance around town and we had all been part of the same "crowd." He told me I hadn't aged a bit in the last 10 years. I laughed at him and said, "well there's definitely more of me now! Working on that though!" He threw his arms around my waist and said, "nah, look at you, you're womanly and voluptuous! I always used to think, "that Andi, she could use a few steak sandwiches!" Some fellas just have a knack for makin' a girl feel good about herself!! We spent a good long time catching up, and after a couple dances I totally remembered him and his carefree dance style, with the strong lead that I so love. And he suddenly remembered that I was one of his first dance teachers! Later in the evening, after my DJ set, he introduced me to some of his friends as the Godmother of the San Diego swing scene. HA!!

So, yeah. Lots o' Good Things putting a smile on my face today.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:29 am

Totally off topic, but Andi, I could use your help...

As the Godmother of the San Diego Swing Scene, could you recommend any dance dvd's? Not cheesy, but advanced swing and lindy. There's not too many places around here to learn, and the hubby and I need some new moves.

Good thing today: a clean house!

Thanks!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:47 am

Ha! HRG, I've been out of it for quite some time, but have asked some folks in the know for suggestions. I'll let you know what I hear back. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next