Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This Straycat album, where and how cheap?

Go down 
+6
Scatman
Iloveopiatesandgretsch
Dave
Tommy Maguire
Rickabilly
tvthewiredturtle
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Empty
PostSubject: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:49 am

This Straycat album, where and how cheap? 0000522273

tracks:
01. Stray Cat Strut
02. Lust 'n' Love
03. Mystery Train
04. Summertime Blues
05. Oh Boy
06. Stray Cat Strut
07. Double Talkin' Baby
08. Rumble In Brighton
09. Baby What You Want Me To Do?
10. Rev It Up And Go
11. Beautiful Delilah
12. Rock Around With Ollie Vee
13. Fishnet Stockings
14. Jeanie, Jeanie, Jeanie
15. Rock This Town
16. Swing Cat Stomp
17. St. James Infirmary
18. Good Rockin' Tonight
19. Viva Las Vegas
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:18 am

I've seen it on eBay from time to time. It's a hodgepodge of the "unplugged" tracks (1-5) that are on so many other compilations (including Feline Frisky, Hollywood Strut, and Lonesome Tears), live tracks and non-Cats porojects. Tracks 6-15 are live tracks from a Roxy show that appears on countless other commercially-released but "unofficial" albums (in fact, tracks 1-15 is the "Hollywood Strut" album, and mirrors another release, "Premium Cuts" as well.) The final four tracks hail from the Slim Jim, Danny B Harvey, and Lemmy recordings (most recently found on the Head Cat CD), and the Swing Cats, which involved Lee and Jim with Danny B Harvey. All have been released over the past 10-15 years. I believe it is Viva Las Vegas that features Johnny Ramone, although Amazon seems to think he's on the Head Cat's Good Rockin' Tonight.

I don't know where you can get this CD, but I don't know that it's worth having.

Hatchet job-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:59 am

....except for the photo of the drummer that I took in Brixton in 2004. Ripped off by the official bootlegers. Why I ought......lol
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:07 pm

"...except for the photo of the drummer?" You mean they didn't all pose together for that shot?

Whew! Thanks for clearing that up about the cover art. I knew Lee wasn't really that short.

Attack of the 40-ft Mullet-billy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:12 pm

Tommy Maguire wrote:
....except for the photo of the drummer that I took in Brixton in 2004. Ripped off by the official bootlegers. Why I ought......lol

whadda ya mean, I got it off your new website
www.nickedRABofficesupplies.com
albino
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:38 pm

odd, recent pics of Jim and Lee, and an old one off Brian...
Back to top Go down
Iloveopiatesandgretsch

Iloveopiatesandgretsch

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:23 pm

I have a copy of the vynl picture disc hollywood strut. I suppose I could check ebay, but anyone know if it's worth much?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/themusicofmichaelthomas
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:54 pm

Rickipedia

Speaking of the cd cover: Isn't that the same teeshirt that is now for sale on ebay?......Brian wore it at the Hootenanny back in 1986, I think.... It was a loaner, if I recall correctly.

"Hatton, second from the left"
Scatman
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Love that avatar!   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Scatman-

Love that avatar! Tell me where you got it.

Also - I am still waiting for your recipe for rockabilly chili.

Did you watch Dancing With The Stars last week?

And did you buy The Ultimate Christmas Collection yet?

I will continue to derail this thread until you promise to stop standing behind me on stage when I sing.

Don't need-a-doctor, don't-need-a-shadow-behind-me-a-billy....

Peeteyscat
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:44 pm

Scatman's Avatar features The Fabulous Morticians, featuring a young John Hatton, sans pomp piled high.

This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Obits

Pre-Spazz-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:49 pm

Is that a teenage Mike Nesmith in the middle??
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Not Nesmith   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 4:10 pm

It ain't even Stephen Stills. Although he should have been a Monkee....

What am I doin' hangin' round-a-billy.....
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:41 pm

If it's not Mike Nesmith in the middle, maybe it's our very own
Rickipedia? I heard from a friend at the Aspen BSO show (hi Sharon Jones!)
that Mr. Rick is pretty tall...............then again, maybe he was not a teenager yet
in the 60's.....oh, never mind.

Peeteycat:

1. I got the avatar from one of the Hattonaires, "Caveman" (on the far left)
2. Chili: I'm vegan now; don't have the recipe anymore
3. "Dancing with the Scars" last week: was the BSO on again last week?
4. "Ultimate Christmas": I got the mp3 via email from Spain.

Ginger or MaryAnn??
Scatman
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Oh Scatman....   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 10:22 pm

Scatman-

I offered you nachos the other night at Cozy's. You refused them -- even though you know you owe me a plate of nachos.
So let's get this straight - even though you owe me - you refuse my offer to you?
Where is the respect?

Now, I don't want this to get ugly here on the internet - but I am demanding an explanation.
I am holding your 7/10 Splits poster as collateral until I hear your side of the story.

See you and the whistler at Fantasia on San Fernando....
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:07 pm

The picture of Brian on that cd cover is from "The Knife" era. From the show at the Capitol Theatre ,Passaic New Jersey in April 1986. This show is mentioned in another thread and it was the first time I saw Setzer live.
Back to top Go down
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:03 am

well, i bought that one in an official store , ithink 2 years ago. ( not ebay or something like that )

it was 14,99 €
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lonesomecatz
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 1:26 pm

There's no such thing as an official store. Ebay doesn't determine whether or not something you buy is legit, especially in Europe. Trusted, high quality stores such as Raucous Records sell dozens of releases that couldn't be pressed or distributed here in the US. These releases are deemed to be "bootlegs" because none of the artists involved (including the photographers) see a dime from the sale of this. Does this make this any more evil than buying a previously-owned CD? No. But it is a slapdash attempt at releasing something that has been repackaged numerous times, duping fans who have already bought this stuff 3-4 times before.

You're not a bad person for buying this. It's just not an officially licensed, legitimate release.

Bastard-billy
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:01 pm

I'm sure I've seen that photo of Lee on one of his solo CD's. Not sure which one, but I think it is on Bulletproof.

Last edited by pony65k on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:30 pm

That photo of Lee was used as part of a promotional presskit,
and yes, I too have seen that cd in stores here in Southern California.
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: What stores?!?!?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:31 pm

Scatman-

You have not seen that CD in stores in Southern California. When was the last time you went to Amoeba?
They closed the Virgin Record Megastore in Burbank and all the Tower Records - so that leaves FYE on Olive. And we know all that place is good for is oddly priced gift cards.

So please be more specific - remember a plate of nachos is riding on this.

Pain-in-the-ask-me-a question-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Straycat album, where and how cheap?   This Straycat album, where and how cheap? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Straycat album, where and how cheap?
Page 1 of 1