Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...

Go down 
+7
Scatman
Hot Rod Girl
tvthewiredturtle
Setzerado
Rocky Mountain Cat
Twenty Flight Rick
Le Hub'
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Empty
PostSubject: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:49 am

I think it's probably the first time since a pretty long time the Brian Setzer Orchestra will be touring on a not Xmas moment. So it might be interesting to talk about the tracks we'd like to see on the setlist ( of course Brian's choice will be beyond all possible dispute).
A setlist without any Xmas songs (the tour will start in february), huge topic, no ? Cool

Ignorant in english-a-Billy (sorry for the plagiary Rick)
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:06 pm

I would imagine that the setlist would include a large selection of Wolfgang. Hopefully he'll revisit the entire BSO catalog. Man With the Magic Touch might be included given the recent exposure via tv commercials. What I'm really hoping for is a dvd! Film one of those shows Brian!!

Rick
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 2:41 pm

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a basic setlist for the tour very similar to what Enjay, Rickabilly and I saw last June in the backyard:

06-21-08 ~ The Brian Setzer Orchestra ~ 18th Annual Jazz Aspen-Snowmass June Festival ~ Rio Grande Park ~ Aspen, Colorado:
"Hawaii 5-0" Theme; This Cat's On A Hot Tin Roof; Hoodoo Voodoo Doll; Let The Good Times Roll; The Dirty Boogie; Pennsylvania 6-5000; One More Night With You; Wolfgang's Big Night Out; Honey Man; Jump Jive An' Wail; Stray Cat Strut > "Pink Panther" Theme; Caravan; For Lisa (6-piece); Roll Over Beethoven (partial - Trio); Runaway Boys (Trio); Red Hot (Trio); Route 66 (Trio > Orchestra); Rock This Town; Encore: Gettin' In The Mood; Mack The Knife.

I would expect a longer trio segment, though. And no Roll Over Beethoven.

With the new 007 film out now, I'd love to see them go back to opening with the James Bond Theme (Spies In The Night).

Or how about a back-to-back James Bond Theme > Hawaii 5-0 Theme opening?

I'm not sure how well the show is known in Japan, but I'd also love to hear the BSO take on The Munster's Theme. The Cats' version from the Winter 83/84 tour is great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 7:15 am

I hope tracks like Hoodoo Voodoo Doll & Route 66 will be on the setlist like in last june.
To open the set ? Fly Juice, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:07 am

The idea of playing old tracks, tracks from the time almost nobody knew the BSO is an attractive one.
The two first albums are very less known than the 5 others and there is no reason, they really swing & rock !
Hoodoo, Route 66, Honky Tonkin' (fro opening the set !), Straight Up... Cool
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Three days and... IGNITION !

Still hope for old tracks in place of Xmas songs... And hope Brian's site will give us some news about the tour (at less the setlist and a pic Suspect )
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm waiting for Hoodoo Voodoo Doll and Route 66...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:58 pm

I'm so stupid, I should have ask Hatton if he would share some of the songs when I
spent some time listening to him demo the King double basses at the Namm show. I
was excited to introduce my son to him and all that rhetoric. He even told me he was
heading out to japan and I just kept talking about the Namm show... duhhh.

saw Bernie K. too, he's lost some weight and looks like he is in prime condition for
touring!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:52 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm so stupid, I should have ask Hatton if he would share some of the songs when I
spent some time listening to him demo the King double basses at the Namm show. I
was excited to introduce my son to him and all that rhetoric. He even told me he was

saw Bernie K. too, he's lost some weight and looks like he is in prime condition for
touring!

Nope...no duhhh. I think the right words for it are "star struck". Very Happy
We've all been there at one time or another!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:25 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

touring!

Well.. if it had been setzer, I'd be star struck... I was really just caught up in
the cool basses Spazz slaps so well.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:42 pm

I wonder if there will be some trio moments or only a whole BSO show like in the early years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:18 am

I personally think that Setzer will keep the trio section, as he has more space to change some songs during the different shows and also, to play more freely. It's not the same to make a mistake during the BSO part, where the whole band could be lost, than in the trio section, where it's easier to go back right on the track.

I'd love to hear something from 13, Nitro & Ignition.

I regret that Setzer had not included Rebelene during the Nashvillians tours, with the piano... it was the perfect time to include it, don't you think??
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:53 pm

Ahhhh, "Rebelene" !!!

As luck would have it, the only time I witnessed a live performance of this song was when Setzer would sit in with the Paine Brothers here in the Los Angeles area back in 1988. Full band treatment, with two guitars, keyboard, etc.....c'est magnifique!

Those were the days.........
Scatman
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:10 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

touring!

Well.. if it had been setzer, I'd be star struck... I was really just caught up in

So you were, eh, bass struck then? Or could we even go as far to say...

...fish slapped?

Laughing
hrg
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

touring!

...fish slapped?

Laughing
hrg

spazzed... bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:08 pm

Geez, with that many quotations I lost track of the topic!!!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:13 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

touring!

...fish slapped?

Laughing
hrg

oh I forget there was "star struckness" for my kid that was with me when he
got to see Lee Rocker performing up close and personal at the Fender stage.
They had the best sound I've heard since the hootenanny 2 yrs ago.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:33 am

Tomorrow, we'll know...
It's a pity we have no japanese fans on the board to keep us informed quickly if the official Brian's site keep on being so "distant"...
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:13 am

No pictures, no set lists, nothing over on the official site. It's a ghost land, dead in the water, very impersonal site.

Wow. Things have really changed. At one time I actually had a little hope...but it's gone now.

Sad, really sad. Crying or Very sad
hrg
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:41 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
No pictures, no set lists, nothing over on the official site. It's a ghost land, dead in the water, very impersonal site.

Wow. Things have really changed. At one time I actually had a little hope...but it's gone now.

Sad, really sad. Crying or Very sad
hrg

WWYD? tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:55 am

I still have faith on the management to post the set lists on the website after the tour wraps up.

Niels mentioned that the sets are not going to be posted in order not to spoil the surprise to the concert-goers... now, I am wondering... why have the set list always posted when Tommy ran bs.com????

As a fan, I like to know what's more or less going to be performed. I also like suprises, but I enjoy keep tracking of the show, so that I can sing the songs and be ready for everything.
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:17 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
WWYD? tongue

What would Yanni do??
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:26 am

Damn, you beat me to it! Although I had considered WWYD might mean What Would Yngwie Do?

The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Yngwie

Shred-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:34 am

Rickabilly wrote:
Damn, you beat me to it! Although I had considered WWYD might mean What Would Yngwie Do?

Or what would YVONNE do??

The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Lbatgirl03

Holy-Spandex-a-Budgie
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:12 am

I must be the only one here that doesn't really care about the setlists even if I was going to the concerts
I think it's because maybe Brian wants to bring out a few surprises for the fans or something, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...   The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Big Band Will Be Soon In Japan...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next