Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Setzer discussed "out there"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Setzer discussed "out there" Empty
PostSubject: Setzer discussed "out there"   Setzer discussed "out there" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Ever tried to spread Setzeritis elsewhere on the internet? The responses are just all over the place.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=4106294
http://www.metafilter.com/71579/Wasnt-That-Good
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Setzer discussed "out there"   Setzer discussed "out there" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 5:12 pm

actually I should say that he is becoming my drug, need my daily dose!
Back to top Go down
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

PostSubject: Re: Setzer discussed "out there"   Setzer discussed "out there" Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:28 am

It seems a lot of these reviews are from young people who are hearing Stray Cats or BSO for the first time. Someone even comments 'why do you think he's a world class guitar player!'. A few seem to prefer the 'Knife' and 'Nude' records to the Cats or Orchestra - and say that Setzer Might have been better if he stuck with that sort of music instead of rockabilly and swing!
Listening to a song/songs just once and not knowing the artist, what they look like, how they are playing their instrument (ie as in really playing and not being dubbed or changed by machines) it's difficult to really give a true opinion for most people.
At the end of the day we all know what we like musically - if we hear something that we 'get' or think it will grow on us then we listen again. Some people will listen to just one 'Setzer' song say 'Wasn't that good' and say no Setzer's not for me. That's the end of their story, which is a shame. I guess we've all been guilty of doing that with some artists.

I use to have a Setzer site myself. It didn't have a forum, just loads of photos and my Setzer 'stories' and somewhere to leave messages. A few times someone found it on the net and asked 'who is this selzer bloke?
But i was proud that Tommy M and other friends visited there once in a while.

So i agree with the question : The responses are all over the place when you try and explain Setzer to people. Especially when they have never heard of him, or don't usually listen to 'old' music.
What got me is the guy who said 'how can a BSO concert be fun'?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe i should send him Live in Japan dvd or the Christmas extra....?....then he'd know the true meaning of fun!!!!!
Honestly people these days think it's 'fun' to watch boy bands stand motionless on stand in a line, mics in hand just singing, no instruments or playing or dancing.....
I guess these are people who think boom boom music is 'fun'.
Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Setzer discussed "out there"   Setzer discussed "out there" Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:47 am

[ A few seem to prefer the 'Knife' and 'Nude' records to the Cats or Orchestra - and say that Setzer Might have been better if he stuck with that sort of music instead of rockabilly and swing!

I actually prefer Knife and Nude to the BSO stuff!! I would have been content with him continuing to plough that rockabilly furrow ad infinitum!!

stuck-in-a-rut-abilly as Rick might end!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setzer discussed "out there"   Setzer discussed "out there" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setzer discussed "out there"
Page 1 of 1