Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet

Go down 
+4
MEMPHISSUN
laurent327
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
Kelley
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Empty
PostSubject: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:31 pm

from the Music for Our Mother Ocean vol 3 album, never heard of this version before, really rockin' (well of course look who's in it Smile )

Little deuce coupe song

here is the review about it Wilson and the Setezer duet is well liked:

The third benefit album for the Surfrider Foundation, an organization dedicated to preserving oceans, is as weirdly scattershot as the two other MOM albums, and just as enjoyable. As with any tribute album, MOM, Vol. 3 is certainly a collection of moments, balanced somewhere between the good and the mediocre. To its credit, the Surfrider Foundation gets major artists to deliver exclusive songs to their record. Even better, they're lucky to get first-rate music from these artists, most notably with Beck's terrific, frazzled beach party song "Electric Music and the Summer People" and Pearl Jam's strangely ambitious "The Whale Song." These, along with Snoop Dogg & Rage Against the Machine's duet on "Snoop Bounce," are the most notable new recordings, but they aren't the only worthwhile moments, either.
Brian Setzer and Brian Wilson knock out an enjoyable "Little Deuce Coupe," Everclear tackles "Walk Don't Run" as if they were the Pixies, Chris Isaak's "Winter Waves" is a cool breeze of Beach Boys pop, the Beasties' "Nothing to Say" is a fun punk throwaway, and several other cuts aren't bad, either. Of course, there are a few trying moments as well -- record companies should agree that alternative bands are banned from doing ironic covers of oldies (particularly, Sprung Monkey's "Coconut"), even if it is for a good cause -- but they're not enough to sink the collection. The best thing about MOM, Vol. 3 is that almost all of it is exclusive material. Not counting the Butthole Surfers' remix of Jane's Addiction's "Ocean Size," Paul McCartney and James Taylor are the only ones that dig into the vaults for their contributions, but this is one case when the good intentions outweigh the end result. It's impossible to imagine most listeners grooving on every track on the album, but it's still more enjoyable than most tribute or benefit albums.
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:01 am

Thanks alot Kelly. I think that sounded great. I never heard it before. That song and Bachs Bounce are the only Setzer songs I dont have. Oh ,and the ones where he played with the Paine brothers ,Must get them too. Anyone able to post them ?
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:06 am

Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:36 am

thank you Laurent! that was really sweet of you
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:56 am

The 2 Brian's eh!.

Good stuff!.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:07 am

Thanks Laurent for posting that stuff. It's great. I've downloaded everything you've put on line in the past two weeks and believe me ,it's greatly appreciated. So much great music that I woudnt normally know about. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:10 pm

Hey Kelley,

there is another great song in that same cd.... track 20: Winter Waves-Chris Isaak

Oh, and on Music from our Mother Ocean 2, you have another Setzer song:

Track 6. Fly Juice - Setzer, Brian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Fly Juice was also included as a bonus song on the Japanese edition to BSO's Dirty Boogie
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks a lot Laurent (ravi de te retrouver ici et... Bonne année !)

For me too Fly Juice was my 14th track on japanese Dirty Boogie.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:58 am

forgot to mention that the reason why I put up this song in the first place is because my brother and I are huge Beach Boy fans, esp. of Brian Wilson's work

that Smile cd/dvd is great
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:45 am

I listened to the original version... and it has nothing to do with Setzer/Wilson's duet...
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:24 am

he he Jon, you're so funny and so young so young Laughing
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:52 pm

kelley68 wrote:
forgot to mention that the reason why I put up this song in the first place is because my brother and I are huge Beach Boy fans, esp. of Brian Wilson's work

that Smile cd/dvd is great
you've got a great ear.. I love Smile... I got to see The Beach Boys right after Dennis passed and crazy mullet boy John Stamos was the drummer.. At least I got to see Carl before he died of lung cancer.

for real beach boy fans... Do you own the recorded Hawthorne High School performance
dubbed by Brian as "Carl And The Passions"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:19 pm

my brother might have that album,
I definitely have Dennis Wilson Pacific Ocean Blue, great record!
Back to top Go down
Bobby Retro

Bobby Retro

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:36 pm

Brian Wilson is both a recluse and a genius. He rarely gives interviews and when he does he sets strange guidelines. Here is a link to a recent interview conducted by WFMU's (Fantastic Station from Jersey) Michael Shelly. Scroll down to November 22 2008 and click listen.

http://wfmu.org/playlists/SH
Back to top Go down
http://www.aestheticinteriors.com/sc/store.php?crn=252
Bobby Retro

Bobby Retro

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:50 pm

btw.....it's about 1 hour 30 minutes into his show for the interview.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aestheticinteriors.com/sc/store.php?crn=252
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet   Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Deuce Coupe Brian Wilson and Setzer duet
Page 1 of 1