Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums

Go down 
+15
sidelake bob
EskimoPie
Andi
steb74
Swansea City
Rickabilly
Kelley
donpepe
Pistol Pete
Brett
daddio66in2008
laurent327
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
Le Hub'
Setzerado
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Setzerado

Setzerado

Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:47 am

Next is Rockin' By Myself, no ?
Of course here two jewels in my opinion : Rebellene, Broken Man... So rare and so well played !
Brian's emotion on Broken Man is really moving : he's broken, his daddy passed away few months before. That's the way I feel the song.
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:59 am

I'm with Andi on 'Dreamsville,' Brian crooning the doo-wop!
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:16 am

In Aspen, it was such a thrill to hear a setlist devoid of Christmas tunes. And to have a small group set that incorporated jazz and rockabilly... the Japan shows have so much potential to be incredible. They could do plenty of songs that wouldn't overlap the Live in Japan or Xmas Extravaganza DVDs and perhaps film a show for yet another DVD release.

Got to Get Another Setz DVD Into My Life-a-billy[/quote]

Do you have the setlist from Aspen Rick?
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:41 am

EskimoPie wrote:
I'm with Andi on 'Dreamsville,' Brian crooning the doo-wop!

In that one I don't even hear the doowop or the guitar solo... all I hear is lust. Maybe it's not there, maybe it's just me.

I'm tossing and turning
I can't sleep a wink
With you always there on my mind
It's such a distraction
I can't even think
I wish you would leave till I find

Dreamsville I'm dreaming of you
In Dreamsville my dreams can come true
In Dreamsville I'm dreaming of you
In Dreamsville my dreams can come true
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:08 am

ROCKIN' BY MYSELF :

Rebellene, Broken Man (where I feel the same that you Setzerado... I love you ) and... Mystery Train (with Gary on the rythmic guitar)
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:38 am

um, will someone fan out andi, her temperature is rising high! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:50 am

The whole Live Nude Guitars record, except for "The Rain Washed Everything Away".
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:59 am

Choochoohothub wrote:
ROCKIN' BY MYSELF :

Broken Man (where I feel the same that you Setzerado... I love you )

Wow Choo Choo !!! I send a I love you too... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:40 am

What can I say ? Embarassed Embarassed

Thanks a lot.
You remind me a track played by Duke Ellington (with Charlie Mingus & Max Roach) called "Fleurette Africaine" (African Flower) from a Blue Note session in 1962.
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:04 am

My faves, in no particular order:

Ignition
Hot Rod Girl (I love this one)
8-Track

Drink Whiskey And Shut Up
Smokin' 'N Burnin'

His instrumentals like Rat Pack Boogie and Malaguena are totally awesome. How badass does Malaguena sound on THAT guitar?

And the entire '13' album. I just can't pick a favorite.

Andi, I can't lie... I also love Dreamsville.

EDIT - I forgot Don't Trust A Woman (In A Black Cadillac). That song rules.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:03 pm

I love all of 13 too, really rockin' Cool
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:50 am

4th album is Ignition. My fav' here is "59". What's yours ?
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:09 am

Ahoy Mateys! I be a little late to this topic, as I've been out on a voyage of my own. But just to catch up, here are my picks:

Knife album: Boulevard of Broken Dreams, other tunes are great as well, but for me this one just stands out, I mean it has a wonderful gtr. solo and fills, nice organ solo by Chuck Leavell of the Rolling Stones, and the accompanying video is a classic as well. The topic is something I think we all can relate to at one point or another in our lives, but it's just a well-written arrangement as is the case with alot of his tunes.

Live Nude Guitars: tie between Every Tear That Falls & Love is Repaid By Love Alone, as I, like the arrangements, especially the strings on LRLA. This is something that he's done occasionally (i.e. September Skies), and sort of a direction that I'd like to see a bit more of, not every song, of course, but maybe one track every other album or so with the B.S.O.

Rockin By Myself: all great songs, hard to pick one, so I'll go with either I Fought the Law or Can't Help Falling in Love, as the acoustic versions were a nice change of pace.

Ignition: So many classics on this one, it really just depends on the mood, but that said, I would say that Dreamsville is also my favorite tune as well. I mean it's a throwback to the doo-wop era, but he adds the guitar parts that make it come around more to his era. That solo is one example of where he doesn't have to play through a million notes to still create a memorable cut. When this album came out, this was one of the 1st tunes that I learned as it just sort of draws you in, pretty much the result of another good story that is broad enough to bring everyone in, but personal enough to conjure up individual memories for each of us, separate of Brian's inspiration for this song.

Capt. Jones
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:41 am

If I had to pick just ONE song of the whole Setzer's career, I wouldn't hesitate to say that I WON'T STAND IN YOUR WAY is my favourite and I actually think that song is probably one of his 5 best songs written ever
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Ignition... Really hard for me to pick one song : it's my favourite Brian's solo album !
If I must make a choice, that could be HELL BENT. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:36 pm

what about the versions Setzer has done?
Which one do you think is the best??

IMO, Baby Blue Eyes gets the award and the worse... Jeanie Jeanie Jeanie.
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:10 pm

JonPascual wrote:
what about the versions Setzer has done?
Which one do you think is the best??

IMO, Baby Blue Eyes gets the award and the worse... Jeanie Jeanie Jeanie.

Baby Blue Eyes is probably one of my all-time faves. Why don't you like J.J.J.? I thinks it's pretty badass!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:09 pm

I like You Don't Believe Me (that a remake?) can listen to that one over and over

Brian only played it once live didn't he?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:05 am

Hey Cristo,
I am not saying that I don't like JJJ, but compared to the original version, I would say that Eddie's version is streets ahead. I mean, the Cats version hasn't reached a good level, but it's just an opinion. However, BBEyes is, much better than Burnette's song
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:55 am

Of the solo stuff, for me its gotta be Breath Of Life and Love is Repaid by Love alone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/view_profile.php?member_id=286
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums   Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your fav' track on Brian's solo albums
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2