Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ossi

ossi

Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Empty
PostSubject: Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)   Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:17 am

Yeah, Allrite !!

Made some tabs for anyone interested.
Video (audio) uploaded to my tube account.

Download tab for guitar and bass (fixed link)

It is fairly accurate considering the record quality + Brian jumping around.
I had to slow it down in for those faster runs but it seems the gretsch is a little outta tune and/or
Setzer is busy on top of Jims bassdrum. ie. run in bars 158/180 was very hard to listen to but
I think atleast I got the scale somewhat right. I got tired listening to it after about a 100 times.
Other than that im kinda happy with the result after so many hours doing the tab.

Errors may occur because it's human-thingie and I don't clame to have the perfect pitchin ears.

Have fun.

tongue

Last edited by ossi on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed teh link to tyab, new location.)
Back to top Go down
http://howlinboozers.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)   Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:22 am

like the way the video is put together, ossi nice
thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
nietsk

PostSubject: Re: Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)   Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:17 pm

WOW!! Ossi, you don't know how much I appreciate this.. I've been hesitating to ask around here for months because it is so much work but I was just not able to transcribe it myself. Thank you very very much!!
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)   Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks to ye Ossi. That be another great job of transcribing. Drink That Bottle Down is one of my favorite Stray Cats/Setzer songs as well. Although, I think note for note I probably like the 1983 Paris Live version better than the original B-side, as it seemed by then that although he dropped some of the jazzier chord solo moves, that the flow of the song was more organized (i.e. strict 12-bar blues sections for solos). Also, I think he played a better solo in that one as well, although this version is great too. I'm glad that you transcribed this one though, as I was contemplating doing the 83' one or the B.S.O. version as I know them both pretty well, and now I have something to compare to, as I play those versions like you do on this one as well (12 bar blues in E with the ii-#iii-biii-ii-V-I turnaround change).

Again, glad to see that someone else is also taking up the task of transcribing some of these tunes for the masses. Nice job and keep up the good work.

Capt. Jones
Back to top Go down
ossi

ossi

PostSubject: Re: Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)   Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:22 am

Here's an alternative version of the "jazzy" chords, this is the way I prefer to play ususally.
Using the 2 open strings these chords sounds pretty cool + its easier, imo.

Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Alternativevoicinguf6

Im too lazy to use huge barre-chords, especially after few beers.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Bigsby

PostSubject: Re: Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)   Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:49 pm

Hello.
The Tabs seems to be offline. Crying or Very sad

Can you reupload it?
Or can somebody send me the Tab, please?

That would be so great...

Bigsby
Back to top Go down
ossi

ossi

PostSubject: Re: Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)   Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:31 am

I dont have the file in my laptop but I'll upload it somewhere later on.
Back to top Go down
ossi

ossi

PostSubject: Re: Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)   Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:54 am

Back to top Go down
Bigsby

PostSubject: Re: Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)   Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Thank you very much.
The Tabs are great, i was looking for them since a few weeks, but i couldn't find them, just for the BSO Version. But i don't like the BSO version.

can't wait to start learning Very Happy

Thanks again.

btw, sorry for my bad english
Back to top Go down
ossi

ossi

PostSubject: Re: Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)   Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:39 am

No problems with your english here.

Very Happy

I found out that this same version is on a CD, our bassist found it somewhere
and that's perty cool since folks don't have to hunt down the vinyl-single like I did
some years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)   Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drink that bottle down tab (vinyl-single -81 version)
Page 1 of 1