Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault

Go down 
+4
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
Kelley
Brett
pony65k
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pony65k

pony65k

Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Empty
PostSubject: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Just had this emailed to me, wow!!!! I love these guys.

Here's the link:

PRS on Wolfgang's Vault

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:47 pm

wow, thank you, that`s great.
This band was awesome

Lee and his band is still awesome.
Saw him last year, absolutly great show.

And a cool guy...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Man, just checked the date of the concert. 13th, November 1985!!! Can you believe that's over 23 years ago???? I still remember walking into my local record store and buying this LP!!!! Where the hell has the time gone? The cool thing is the music still sounds so fresh. I love this stuff!!! (if you haven't guessed)

That's hyped me up for the rest of the day.

Pony bounce
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:12 pm

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:20 pm

kelleyM wrote:
I finally downloaded their album, but haven't listened to the whole thing yet, sounds great though!

Download, Download?? How did you do that?? What haven't I noticed on the site? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:33 pm

kelleyM wrote:
here is the link

phantom rocker and slick album

This one is a different concert, far better sound quality.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:35 pm

Last edited by Kelley on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:55 pm

A new date for my Lee & Slim Jim timeline! GREAT!!

There's another FM show, recorded at the Ritz in NYC, in Feb 7, 1986.
Very great show!!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:58 pm

JonPascual wrote:
A new date for my Lee & Slim Jim timeline! GREAT!!

There's another FM show, recorded at the Ritz in NYC, in Feb 7, 1986.
Very great show!!

Where is this Jon? Got a link? I posted this post on Lee's page as well.
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:32 am

Is there a link for the New York show. I was at that gig and it rocked. It was my first Cats related show until the following April when i saw Brians first solo tour. Would love to know if there is a link.
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:18 am

There are a couple of Stray Cat concerts on Wolfgangs vault as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:21 am

Reading this topic, i've tried one more time to appreciate "Phantom, Rocker & Slick"... The result is more or less still the same : I don't really like this era, sorry.
Anayway, thanks for giving me the occasion to try again.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:23 pm

Choochoohothub wrote:
Reading this topic, i've tried one more time to appreciate "Phantom, Rocker & Slick"... The result is more or less still the same : I don't really like this era, sorry.
Anayway, thanks for giving me the occasion to try again.

Don't worry Choo Choo, we got our whole life to bring you round Laughing we're not going anywhere Very Happy Tell me, did you like I Wanna Cry from the Cat's album Rock Therapy?
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:48 am

Sorry, not really Embarassed
From their first session, I really like Runnin' From The Hounds and guitar's work on Men Without Shame...
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Choochoohothub wrote:
Sorry, not really Embarassed
From their first session, I really like Runnin' From The Hounds and guitar's work on Men Without Shame...

Nevermind, we all can't like everything.
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:04 am

I've never been a fan of Phantom, Rocker & Slick : too much FM Californian Rock for me (without talking about the "look" of Jim & Lee affraid ...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:54 am

Heya,
sorry that I'm replying a bit late to this thread but I'm not usually having a look herein.

Pony & Vincent Blackshadow:
as for that show in NYC, I got it through a German friend, never found it on a website or whatsoever.

I must put forward that the first album of PRS is superb. Probably the second one, Cover Girl, is not that great. Just 2-3 songs are hearable (is this word correct??) but undoubtfully songs like What You Want, My Mistake, Sing For Your Supper... are beauties.

And Choo Choo, of couse we can't like everything our stars do.
I never liked Setzer's "The Knife Feels..." period very much, though somehow I appreciate this time of his life very much as it can be, from my viewpoint, the most different album he has ever done in overall. However, after listeining to a couple of live shows, my opinion has changed drastically.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:17 am

Smile

Last edited by Kelley on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Swansea City

Swansea City

PostSubject: California Concert   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:45 pm

Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:34 pm

Swansea City wrote:
http://straycatsrarities.blogspot.com/2008/01/phantom-rocker-slick-raincore-square.html

Great find!! As much as I love PR&S, it's always a shock to me to see Lee not playing a stand up bass and to see Slim Jim sitting down on the job.

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Pony,
Lee played the big bass on "Runnin' From The Hounds" and Slim only sat down for the albums... he played standing up for the live shows.

I've only seen him playing sitting down just once... it was back in 2005 with Levi Dexter & Magic at the Green Bay Festival.

Sometimes he might record sitting down (see Col Parker, PRS and some other album guest apperances) but when it comes to playing live... HE'S ALWAYS STANDING UP!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault   Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phantom, Rocker and Slick Live in Wolfgang's Vault
Page 1 of 1