Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.

Go down 
+3
Kid Setzer
JC
pony65k
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pony65k

pony65k

Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You. Empty
PostSubject: Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.   Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Man, does anyone else have that stupid "Congratulations" banner that comes up at the top of the page that continually makes that annoying windows beep? It's really pissing me off!!!!! Can we get rid of this or what??

René-a-pony

Last edited by pony65k on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.   Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:13 pm

G'day René

I don't get that Congratulations banner,
Are you using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox?

I'm using Mozilla, it blocks most of those annoying popups!

Cheers
John
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.   Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:20 pm

shaker wrote:
G'day René

I don't get that Congratulations banner,
Are you using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox?

I'm using Mozilla, it blocks most of those annoying popups!

Cheers
John

Hey Shaker!!

How's things? I'm using Firefox. It's not actually a pop-up, it's a banner across the top of the page, sometimes it says learn to play like Brian Setzer, the banner is refreshed every time I visit the site or open a new page, so it's not always there. Funnily enough, when I opened this page it came up.

I'm sure there's nothing to do, I think it would be something the owner of the site would have to do.

Thanks anyway mate.

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.   Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:09 am

I never get any banners scratch I'm using internet explorer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.   Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 6:24 am

Try to install the firefox ad-on called "No-Script" it should probably get rid of those things...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.   Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:50 am

I hope it's not some sort of virus. The annoying banners come about for me if I've been logged out and view the site without logging in. Once I log in, there are no ads or banners of any kind. Still, I'm not sure what I'm seeing in that case is the same thing you're encountering. If it is though, it should disappear once you log in. And you can set this site to log you in each time visit. Every couple of weeks you might have to log back in, but this should provide some relief.

Having said that, I am probably the least capable person here when it comes to technology, so... good luck!

Interweb-a-billy
Back to top Go down
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.   Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:29 am

Hi René, yeah i've posted a lot on 'other artists' today, and when i went back to check the replies No i found a banner came up at the top of page (Between 'Brian Setzer Fans' and 'Home, FAQ, Search etc'). A huge banner that kept changing everytime i clicked on a new page! These are adverts....'Win £9,999', 'Change your job...' 'Congrats' etc....
I've never seen them on here before! But there was no 'bleeping noise'....
but your post is so right 'Bloody Annoying'!
Strange thing is it's stop for a while at moment....
I'm on internet explorer btw - So Kid you're lucky, must be just my puter!

Just added this - Oh Lordy it's back again....
This time it says:

"THIS IS NOT A JOKE - CONGRATULATIONS YOU WIN

You are the 9,670,468,662th visitor to see this lucky banner"

That's a lot of pissed off people!!! No
Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.   Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:56 pm

Also to get rid of the bleep... turn your speakers down Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.   Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:07 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:
Try to install the firefox ad-on called "No-Script" it should probably get rid of those things...

Pony, you can also install the "Adblock" add-on for Firefox- anytime you see an ad you don't want to see again you can right click on it and adblock it and never see it again. The only time I see ads on the Lounge is when I'm not logged in, as Rickabilly said. If I adblock them I don't see them at all, regardless.

I'd say it won't be something virusy or sinister, chances are Mandi has an ad affiliate relationship with some advertising company to help defray her costs - she would have little control over which ads get displayed, that would be done on the advertiser's end. I have noticed some minor site changes in the past week or so, chances are something in the new code allowed an ad to slip in for even logged in users, or she's decided to display ads to us as well.

Last edited by andi on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ad vs add)
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.   Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:50 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Also to get rid of the bleep... turn your speakers down Razz

Thank you so much Laughing

RadiationSteve wrote:
Just added this - Oh Lordy it's back again....
This time it says:

"THIS IS NOT A JOKE - CONGRATULATIONS YOU WIN

You are the 9,670,468,662th visitor to see this lucky banner"

That's a lot of pissed off people!!! No

That's the one!!!!!

So it only happens when I'm not logged in, so I guess I'll log in more. I have added an adblock on Firefox as well. I knew it wasn't a virus, just a pain.

Thanks everyone for your help

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.   Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloody Annoying Banner/Ads!!! Sorted, Thank You.
Page 1 of 1