Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RIP Chris Gaffney

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

RIP Chris Gaffney Empty
PostSubject: RIP Chris Gaffney   RIP Chris Gaffney Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 1:35 pm

Chris Gaffney, a member of the Hacienda Brothers, longtime collaborator with Dave Alvin and a whole host of musicians out of the San Diego / OC area for years, died yesterday at age 57, after a brief battle with liver cancer. He lent his accordion skills to add a Doug Sahm / Tex-Mex flavor on several of my favorite Forbidden Pigs songs during my formative bar-crawling years in the late 80s and early 90s. I must have at least a dozen CDs from various artists where he has contributed in some way, on guitar, accordion, pedal steel, or keyboards. Somehow, his solo releases have eluded me, although I love what he and Dave Gonzalez (of the Paladins) did with the Hacienda Brothers. They brought plenty of beer-drenched sunshine to Nebraska, making the Zoo Bar a beloved and requisite stop on many a tour.

I only recently heard of his illness. He was just diagnosed in February. Locally, a benefit was being planned for his medical costs. I can't believe he's gone...
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

RIP Chris Gaffney Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Gaffney   RIP Chris Gaffney Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 3:38 pm

In a strange coincidence, Chris was born on an October 3rd an died on an April 17th - just like Eddie Cochran...

RIP Chris Gaffney Gaff

October 3rd 1950 - April 17th, 2008

Rest in Peace, Chris
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

RIP Chris Gaffney Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Gaffney   RIP Chris Gaffney Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 2:03 am

Really strange coincidence...
Rest In Peace Chris.
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

RIP Chris Gaffney Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Gaffney   RIP Chris Gaffney Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 5:13 am

Yes, indeed. Rest in peace. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Chris Gaffney Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Gaffney   RIP Chris Gaffney Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Chris Gaffney
Page 1 of 1