Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A word about VIP packages

Go down 
+16
Andi
gretschkat57
Brett
Spanishdavid
steb74
donpepe
tvthewiredturtle
Rickabilly
wee mark
ScottS
Aussie_Sam
Kid Setzer
johnnykool327
Kelley
Twenty Flight Rick
Niels Schroeter
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Niels Schroeter

A word about VIP packages Empty
PostSubject: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Just a note about the VIP packages. As always, plenty of excellent seats will be available for all shows at normal prices (during the pre-sale and the general public sale). For those who are often very willing to pay ticket scalpers a premium for good seats, we've come up with a way to offer the service and add extra value that a scalper can't provide. You do not need to buy a VIP package to get a great seat. However, if someone is only interested in going to a show if they can get a guaranteed great seat, it's now possible to do it legitimately. This has become very commonplace in the touring industry and many concert-goers now expect these packages to be available, oftentimes at much higher prices. We didn’t invent it, we are just accommodating what has proven to be a requested option by a segment of the fans. Don't want to pay the premium? Fine, log in for the fan pre-sale, and pay face value for a great seat as usual.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Hey Niels, thanks for the post and thank you for taking the time to visit our forum. Hope to see you guys in SC!

Twenty Flight Rick
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:18 pm

Last edited by Kelley on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:30 pm

I will speak fearing backlash, but, whatevs.

I got the email today and I jumped for joy a little bit.

I am not a crazy fan. I do not have thousands of dollars to throw around to make trips to see concerts. I have been lucky to see the shows I have seen.

Would I be willing to pay a few extra bucks to have the opportunity to go backstage, meet Mr. Setzer, get a little insight on what it is like behind the scenes? Absolutely.

I was fortunate enough to get a picture with Brian Setzer once after a show on a very cold night.

I know that if I want to be able to attend a meet and greet, I would have to work for it, and that might mean pay for it. Why not put a little bit of money from myself into the music I have believed in for so long to fulfill a wish that I have always wanted?

Now, as long as the ticket prices for the meet and greet package are respectable, and, are offered where I am able to attend, I will be emptying my change jar and getting ready.

I understand the fans who don't agree with it, but, I agree with the practice just as much.

But, in the end, the music stays the same.

Thanks for the post Neils, and thanks to the BSO people who put together this idea, I fully support it.

Time to go searching for change for the change jar!

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Kelley - Niels pretty much said you can still get good seats without buying the VIP package.. BUT for people with the money who are willing to pay can get the VIP package, which includes a great seat PLUS meeting Brian PLUS backstage tour PLUS lots of merch goodies.. Lots of people pay outrageous prices from ticket scalpers so with the VIP package they just pay a little more and they get to meet Brian as well as the other goodies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Kelley - Niels pretty much said you can still get good seats without buying the VIP package.. BUT for people with the money who are willing to pay can get the VIP package, which includes a great seat PLUS meeting Brian PLUS backstage tour PLUS lots of merch goodies.. Lots of people pay outrageous prices from ticket scalpers so with the VIP package they just pay a little more and they get to meet Brian as well as the other goodies.

Sounds good to me...Does that mean I'm crazy?

Last edited by Aussie_Sam on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling.)
Back to top Go down
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Just saw the price - not something I can afford this year - its been a tough year.

Although I have spent more then that traveling to see Stray Cats for a show.

I think if someone is so inclined, I hope they have a great time.

I appreciate you guys offering the opportunity.

I may not be at the meet and great, I look forward to seeing some great BSO shows.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:00 pm

Last edited by Kelley on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 4:11 am

Seems a great idea.
Speaking for myself here. Having Crohns disease,with a permanent iloestomy. Having this,and being the fan i am,i want to be where the action is.
Now,i had to let the bouncers pull me out at Manchester in 2004,the crushing was way to much! I had stood outside in the queue,for several hours,so i can get down front.
Having Crohns disease, i require to go to toilet,lots of the time, which makes it hard for me and uncomfortable. I have the thought "hope this bag dont burst"! EH i wont go there! Very embarrising indeed!

Remember Brian Asked me about, when i met him,in Glasgow.

Niels, for me, it may be something to consider, as i'm not getting better or younger. But the price?

The .live music,of Brian in last 10/12 years,for me has been better than any medication, i have taken.

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:38 am

Thanks for the clarification, Niels. I'm glad the overall seat pricing hasn't gone the way of the Rolling Stones, the Police, or (insert artist name here). I'm sure for the people who choose to buy the VIP package, it will be worth every penny.

Looking forward to enjoying the shows like always,

Ticket-billy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:25 am

So its a surf dog Stimuls package of sorts tongue tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Great birthday or should i re-frase that Christmas presant.

Wee Mark. Very Happy

Eh...........Sharon................see at christmas.....................?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:58 am

It'd be great if the management and Setzer himself paid a visit from time to time and not only when it comes to business. In that matter, I must say that Lee Rocker is much more involved with his fans by writing a post more frequently... Take note!
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 5:58 am

Jon , this is not the official forum as you remember. Maybe someday the official one will be up too,
but then is there really a need for that, this works pretty damn well, thanks to Mandi. But I must
say I miss Tommy's humour & inside tidbits.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:28 am

Many artists steer clear of their fans' message boards, as once they know you're on there, it tends to bring out the butt-kissers, who only post to suck up to the artist. There's enough of that here without Brian's involvement. I've heard some musicians say they try not to visit the fansites, because there's little objectivity - just a bunch of people telling you how great you are, and you start getting big-headed. It also keeps you from getting too low, as there could be 100 people praising you, but you're only going to remember the one a-hole who chose to write something rude or idiotic. With all the rude and idiotic things being bandied about this board lately, I'd say this would be one place to avoid.

Lee's message board is not terribly active, plus it's his choice to have one tied to his official website. Because Lee visits his board, a lot of posters treat it as his personal suggestion box, writing messages directly to him. Here, the fans come to interact with each other, rather than pester Brian for direct personal interaction. It's a completely different vibe.

When Brian got into this business, you said what you wanted to say to your fans with your music. Occasionally, you did interviews. But your job primarily involved recording music and touring. That should be enough. As jshea so eloquently said earlier this week, people want what they don't have, when really, they have all that they need.

I'm looking forward to the next musical statement from Brian.

Civil discourse-a-billy
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:45 am

Rickabilly wrote:

I'm looking forward to the next musical statement from Brian.

Civil discourse-a-billy

Right said, music is the main thing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 7:09 am

I know pretty well this is not the official forum but in any case, it's hard to see how the management "mysteriously" appears just for business and not somehow more often to say "thanks" or just saying a few words...

Truth is that Lee's message board is not very active, but on the other hand, Lee reads and post it, which is very valuable too. It's also true that many people write directly to Lee (I'm the first one) but there's nothing that compromises him to do what we say; bare in mind that most of the times they are suggestions or some questions, but nothing like kissing his ass.

Besides there are a great range of butt kissers in here, and not that all the stuff about Tommy and Brian is over, Brian is the "God" again but remember all the hard words many of you said about him...

After this, this post will sure be deleted mysteriously or me being banned again just for saying things the way they are

Enjoy your life in hypocrite-abilly-land!!
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 7:31 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
After this, this post will sure be deleted mysteriously or me being banned again just for saying things the way they are
I don't think so Jon as you've not said anything to justify that happening,
at least compared to other things that have been written about Brian on here in recent days.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:17 am

I thought it was very stand-up of Niels to come in and clarify their position on the VIP packages when people were losing their minds speculating about the specifics. The European fans were among the most vocal, and in all likelihood, it didn't affect you one iota, unless you were planning a trip overseas. As for management talking about business matters? What would you have them talk about? Brian's favorite color? They have an outlet on the official site to extend thanks and provide information to the fans. They have done both this week, in fact. Posting here is a bonus, and I appreciated the clarification, even if I have no inclination to purchase VIP tickets.

As far as the "butt-kissing" goes - it is a fan forum, so you would expect consistently negative opinions and troublemakers would not be as welcome here. But imagine how over-the-top the sucking up would be if Brian posted here regularly. Board drama certainly turns a lot of people off who used to love the friendly and entertaining vibe around here, and has driven some of the best contributors to this board away.

Those of us who were disappointed about various events from last September - the Euro tour's abrupt end, Tommy's departure, the Christmas Tour cancellation, yet another Christmas album... we expressed our opinions. It may have changed the way I feel about some of the behind-the-scenes crap that's really none of my business anyway. But it doesn't undo the 30 years of enjoyment I've had for his music. Brian Setzer is still an incredible talent, and I look forward to seeing what he puts out next.

I love the music of Elvis Presley. There are some parts of his recording career I'm not terribly fond of. I hate what he allowed to happen to himself in the 1970s, but I still feel a deep connection to the music that moves me. Brian Setzer has had a longer recording career than Elvis. I would say I love a much higher percentage of his recorded ouput than Presley's, and even though I don't agree with every move he makes, and will feel free to say so, I will still be a fan of his music. Even if I didn't like the next album, I would still be able to list about 28 other albums, and countless other "unofficial" recordings I really like. I don't think that's hypocritical. I think that's balanced and consistent.

Jon, you are still one of the most avid collectors of all things Setzer. But based on the barrage of negativity you spew here, one would think you're about ready to set fire to your collection. Yet you dare to call out people on this board for being hypocrites. I can only surmise that your "telling it like it is" is nothing more than an attention-seeking mechanism to try and stir up trouble around here. If you ever decide the hypocrisy is too much for you to live with, I'm sure there will be a long line of folks who would like to help you clear your conscience and your collection. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

He loves me, he loves me not-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:31 am

Rickabilly wrote:
I thought it was very stand-up of Niels to come in and clarify their position on the VIP packages when people were losing their minds speculating about the specifics. The European fans were among the most vocal, and in all likelihood, it didn't affect you one iota, unless you were planning a trip overseas.

Do never forget WE were the first ones appreciating his talent Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:

Truth is that Lee's message board is not very active, but on the other hand, Lee reads and post it, which is very valuable too.

Brian did too, but he had to close it down twice.

Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:34 am

Rickabilly wrote:

Jon, you dare to call out people on this board for being hypocrites. I can only surmise that your "telling it like it is" is nothing more than an attention-seeking mechanism to try and stir up trouble around here.

And you must admit he achieves his goal big time Wink
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:41 am

Spanishdavid wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:

Jon, you dare to call out people on this board for being hypocrites. I can only surmise that your "telling it like it is" is nothing more than an attention-seeking mechanism to try and stir up trouble around here.

And you must admit he achieves his goal big time Wink

And shame on me for continuing to take the bait.

By the way, I don't begrudge the overseas fans for speaking out on the VIP packages, as it could be heading your way next. I just thought it was interesting that, other than TV's emotional purging, the more impassioned outrage came from people who weren't attending the shows anyway.

Lookatmelookatmelookatme-a-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:43 am

I don't seek attention but that's the way it is! But take it as you want, never mind the bollocks!

David, gracias por tu la manera de apoyar, en serio - muy sutil...
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:51 am

Rickabilly wrote:

By the way, I don't begrudge the overseas fans for speaking out on the VIP packages, as it could be heading your way next. I just thought it was interesting that, other than TV's emotional purging, the more impassioned outrage came from people who weren't attending the shows anyway.

Rick, you didn´t offend me personally. It was just funny the way it sounded.

But I do have an idea of why things can be that way, for what I´ve learned in my years living in your country... and it is that over here in Europe we don´t necessarily need to be "politically correct" like in the US, if you know what I mean, while in Europe we speak our minds out not really thinking in the consequencies of what we say or in the real/deep meaning of our words.

I can be wrong, but it is what I percieved a lot of times the years I lived in NC.

Well.... at least it is how those rednecks down there made me feel lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:00 am

Rick, the fact that many Euro fans are not attending the Xmas shows doesn't exclude us from being critic. What Setzer & Management are doing is a rip off to the fans in general, that's why I cry out.

David has said it perfectly up to some point; we do thnik of the consequences of our words but from the very first moment we say things clear without paraphrasing just to make it sound better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A word about VIP packages   A word about VIP packages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A word about VIP packages
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next