Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To Minnesota Fats

Go down 
+31
christopher
donpepe
Davy Jones
badkitty
gretschoholic
sidelake bob
Dave
FrenchyCat
The_Temp
webelvis
Budgie
Andi
frenchlmp
Pistol Pete
Brett
Tommy Maguire
I'm Not Tommy Either
enjay07
Rickabilly
matt
Bear85
gretschkat57
Setzerado
Hot Rod Girl
Guitarmaniac
Le Hub'
Twenty Flight Rick
steb74
Kid Setzer
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
Spanishdavid
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Budgie

Budgie

To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:48 am

Tommy Maguire wrote:
oh boy. When did you guys let this prick back in here?

Well I never really left, I just hadn't posted in a while... Ohhhhhhhh...
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:54 am

Tommy Maguire wrote:
Yo Webby! How are ya chief? I have never been better. Life "on the other side" is friggin amazing. lol Thanks for the message. Hope all is well with you and your family.
-TM
I'm feeling totally fine, just upgraded my Electromatic with TV Classics yesterday, so I'm feeling reeeeeaaaaally good at the moment! Wink

Really Rickabilly wrote:
But the Walrus is still Paul, right? Right???
You're not talking about me, are you? Wink Razz Razz

Paul
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:55 am

Tommy, you know I'm right...

ANyway, they let me in the same day they allowed you... that means, if I'm a prick... we are all pricks!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 am

Webby, how's the Electromatic sound with those Jonesys? Let's see some photos lad!
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:01 am

Tommy Maguire wrote:
Webby, how's the Electromatic sound with those Jonesys? Let's see some photos lad!

It Rocks!! It's different than a 6120 off course, but it's definetly got "that great Gretsch Sound"

Okay, I'll post some Pics the next days!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 am

I'll keep an eye out. I was looking at the Gretsch website a few days ago......man......the thrill of looking at those guitars never fades. They are like works of art and Mike Lewis really helped that company live up to it's legenday status. Gorgeous stuff.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:41 am

Hey Tommy! Greetings from NC! Thanks for rejoining us in the Lounge!

Rick
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:45 am

Thanks for having me!

The elevator's broken down,
TM
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: You bet there's racism   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 am

There most definatly is racism in rockabilly. When was the last time you saw a Swahili speaking ,Asiatic Laplander from Peru with Iranian parents and a Polish passport ,in a wheelchair with a skin condition on the cover of any rockabilly fanzine. Thought so !
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:06 am

Nice to see Tommy back in the board (and thanks for the info about Eddie's box set at Bear Family, I was waiting for it)
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:25 am

Tommy Maguire wrote:
The reason I'm posting is to make it clear that the "reason I was sacked", as it was explained to me by Brian's manager was that my daily updating of their website wasn't neccesary anymore. They'd decided to downplay the site and make it less personal. Fair enough. It had nothing to do with the Music Player. Brian wanted his site to be strickly informational. Again, fair enough. I was representing him while I did that job and would NEVER have wanted to put anything on that site that made him feel uncomfortable. Ever. So there ya go. THAT is the truth and it certainly was B's perogative to do whatever he wanted with that site.
TM

Hi Tommy, I'm very glad to read you again and finally thanks to your tactless friend!
All I want to say is "they" made it: the official site is so unpersonal and commercial that it doesn't interest me anymore. It's lifeless, like most of rock n' roll stars' sites. We needed your Music Player, your stories about our idol and your contests too! I'm really disappointed by this decision. This is behind us now. It was a big mistake, let's forget it but you have to make a promise: come again in this forum and stay with us more & more!

French fans missed you!

FC
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:33 am

Hey Tommy... if and when tommymaguire.com is ever done... will there be a message board?? If so, can John Pascal be the moderator?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:47 am

Thanks Frenchy. I appreciate all of those nice words. Merci.

Ya know......I was really lucky. I was blessed to be a part of Brian's world for those 10 years. He and I were personally closer than any of you know and it's THAT part of the past that I miss the most. I consider him a Brother and I miss laughing and throwing a baseball around with him more than I do taking photos and working on his website.

Brian's world was very private before he allowed me to come on the scene and represent him via the website. The window I opened exposed him in a way that probably wasn't....well....it DEFINATELY wasn't neccesary. I was the most passionate Brian Setzer/Stray Cats on the planet and he may have made a mistake by getting me involved to begin with. I maintained that site the same way I maintain my regular blue collar job. I work(ed) at it very single day and do (did) the best job I could.

My point is that even though the site is like "most rock and roll sites" now, maybe it should always have been that way. I understand why I was "sacked" and although it was a great shock to me (personally as well as financially....I didn't work for free), I have always respected Brian's decision to do what he did.

And before someone accuses me of blowing my own horn and drawing attention to the old site....let me defend myself and say that I came on here this morning to see if it was true that people were saying that the Music Player on the old site was the reason I was fired. I had to set things straight and in the process, realized that I missed chatting with you guys.

Go on Pascal....get out your flame-thrower.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:55 am

Spreading crazy and baseless rumors about you is what brought you back, brother?

Damn, I should have started earlier...

Missed-T-Eyed (a-billy)
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:01 am

Hahahahaha!! Well.......yes.
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:03 am

Tommy Maguire wrote:

My point is that even though the site is like "most rock and roll sites" now, maybe it should always have been that way-----> I'm not sure. I understand why I was "sacked" ----> it's your honnor but we all know you did a great work and although it was a great shock to me (personally as well as financially....I didn't work for free), I have always respected Brian's decision to do what he did.

Welcome back!!

FC
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:07 am

Thanks FC!

LOVE your avatar. Is that the Slaptones?
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:43 am

yeah mister Tommy, The Slaptones yesterday, The Baskery today!!
Go to check this out

I I love you them!

FC
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Blimey, i have a few days away and come back to find Tommy is back !!!

Good to have you back Tommy,

Dave
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Budgie wrote:
Hey Tommy... if and when tommymaguire.com is ever done... will there be a message board?? If so, can John Pascal be the moderator?

Oh yes please! That will be oh so special!

Kill me now,
hrg

p.s. Welcome back Budgie and Tommy. It's been boring and very conventional since you've become lurkers. Thanks for making an old gal giggle once again.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:50 pm

Nice to see you in da house Tommy, With or without a baseball cap.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:57 pm

So.... was he really the guy in the picture or was it all fake? Minnesota Fats, I mean...
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Tommy Maguire wrote:
He should have just been honest, but he always loved my RealSquardKat character....

Aaaah, THANK YOU! One less mystery... Wink SHISTA! Laughing

Good to have you around again, Tommy! Say HI to Dibbs from me when you see him, will ya?

Regards from Norway,
Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:08 pm

You always had good intuition David.

Tommy, despite you have not mentioned that directly to me, just in case, I've never said you were fired by that thing of the music player.... on the contrary, I said you uploaded it because you should have had an authorisation or consent from Setzer, management or whatsoever.
Apart from all our differences, I've always said that you ran the website magnificently, though more sections within it could have been created.
Now, I don't understand why you write a book on Setzer... it might be very interesting for sure but if you're trying to get ride of the Setzer world, don't see a clear point.

Budge, I will never be moderator on T's website because you would be the firts person I would bann for life.

Hot Rod Girl, the board has been quite interesting despite B and T's absences... there have been quite a few interesting topics, lots of people particupating and replying to topics... the fact that these two guys are on the board again, as well as NONE of the members of this board, doesn't make topics either less or more interesting...
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:42 pm

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
You always had good intuition David.

Tommy, despite you have not mentioned that directly to me, just in case, I've never said you were fired by that thing of the music player.... on the contrary, I said you uploaded it because you should have had an authorisation or consent from Setzer, management or whatsoever.
Apart from all our differences, I've always said that you ran the website magnificently, though more sections within it could have been created.
Now, I don't understand why you write a book on Setzer... it might be very interesting for sure but if you're trying to get ride of the Setzer world, don't see a clear point.

Budge, I will never be moderator on T's website because you would be the firts person I would bann for life.

Hot Rod Girl, the board has been quite interesting despite B and T's absences... there have been quite a few interesting topics, lots of people particupating and replying to topics... the fact that these two guys are on the board again, as well as NONE of the members of this board, doesn't make topics either less or more interesting...

...in your quasi-humble opinion.

I think the board is infinitely more entertaining, if not informative, with Tommy and Budgie participating. I believe the overwhelming majority of HDVDL members (including the fake ones) would agree with me on this point. But you are certainly entitled to feel otherwise, Jon.

There was one member who actually suggested the personnel change was related to the music player, and it wasn't you, Jon. But the next time I'm in Scotland, I'm buying Matt several beverages as he deserves some reward for bringing T out of his self-imposed exile.

Matt Rocks - a - billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Minnesota Fats
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next