Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shout Out to all the Canadians !!

Go down 
+7
Le Hub'
Rocky Mountain Cat
Hot Rod Girl
tvthewiredturtle
Elmer Fudd
ChimingBell
sidelake bob
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

Shout Out to all the Canadians !! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout Out to all the Canadians !!   Shout Out to all the Canadians !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:17 am

Brent wrote:
And as Tavo mentioned, initially I was a little dissappointed there was nothing from the forth coming album.

He has not played Batman in your concert?
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Shout Out to all the Canadians !!   Shout Out to all the Canadians !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:51 am

frenchlmp wrote:
Brent wrote:
And as Tavo mentioned, initially I was a little dissappointed there was nothing from the forth coming album.

He has not played Batman in your concert?

The Batman theme is from the 1960s TV Series, and it also opened BSO shows in Japan earlier this year. Even though it is new to the setlist for 2009, it is not part of the new album.

Maybe we can get an advance track or two like we did with 13 and Wolfie - perhaps as a reward for pre-ordering from iTunes or Surfdog.

I'm really surprised "For Lisa" hasn't make the setlist in Europe. You would think that European gypsy-jazz would have gone over really well over there. On the other hand, the BSO is in Europe! I'm thrilled for those who get a chance to see them.

Django-billy
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: Shout Out to all the Canadians !!   Shout Out to all the Canadians !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:44 am

Rickabilly wrote:
The Batman theme is from the 1960s TV Series, and it also opened BSO shows in Japan earlier this year. Even though it is new to the setlist for 2009, it is not part of the new album.

I think Batman will be part of the new album even though it was written earlier. It's still a lot of work writing.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Shout Out to all the Canadians !!   Shout Out to all the Canadians !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:31 pm

frenchlmp wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:

I think Batman will be part of the new album even though it was written earlier. It's still a lot of work writing.

You may be right, but I think it's probably just a fun walk-on tune like the James Bond Theme, Beat Girl, or Hawaii Five-O, all of which have yet to make it on a studio album. I think Brian indicated the new album was going to be all original songs. Then again, everything's influenced by something.

Shu-Bop-a-Du-Bop-a-billy
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: Shout Out to all the Canadians !!   Shout Out to all the Canadians !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:42 pm

I do not see it like that.

I think for Brian the resumption of a Batman theme is known as much work to write a piece original. I consider the resumption of Batman as a new song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shout Out to all the Canadians !!   Shout Out to all the Canadians !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:26 am

Hello folks,
sorry that I have not really been in touch with you while being in Scotland.

Big thanks to all of you who had keep me updated with the BSO show reviews and to asnwer Tavo and Sidelike Bob.... I was working in Scotland as a student supervisor, sorting out problems basically. Unfortunatelly, I hate whisky, so that a good pint of Carling or Tennet's does the trick for me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shout Out to all the Canadians !!   Shout Out to all the Canadians !! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shout Out to all the Canadians !!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2