Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We have a winner!!!

Go down 
+45
Sharky
matt
Twenty Flight Rick
freddie
jbgoode
DEXTER
JC
Rocky Mountain Cat
nietsk
gretschoholic
Kingsley16
FrenchyCat
miguelbrian6120
Gloria
Brent
Frenchyfab
Bear85
babar95
webelvis
Amity
Guitarmaniac
jonhope
Rickabilly
setzerino
Patrick
Pistol Pete
Brett
johnnykool327
frenchlmp
sidelake bob
Le Hub'
Kid Setzer
enjay07
vic
WildCat
jshea71
pony65k
badkitty
ScottS
Rockabilly Ross
Hot Rod Girl
tvthewiredturtle
Chillicat
Andi
Aussie_Sam
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:35 am

Andi,
You may stay on cloud nine for as long as you wish. You have definitely earned it! When you get that super cool signed guitar, post pictures of yourself with it. We all know you'll still be grinnin'!

Congrats again, and again, and again!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:38 am

HOORAY ANDI!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:39 am

Congratulations on the winning design, Andi. Your photo really has the feel of what the album is going to be about!
Back to top Go down
miguelbrian6120

miguelbrian6120

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:55 am

Andi wrote:
When Scott from Surfdog called I was actually screaming into the phone to my mother about the fact that I'd won. When I called him back I mentioned that I'd be at the show on Sept 6 and could pick up the guitar from Brian that day! He said no, it'd eventually be shipped Wink

HRG, somehow I don't think I'm gonna ever come down from this.

Congratulations Andi!! Enjoy that Hot GRETSCH Guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/catclub
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:01 am

Congratulations Andi!
In the word "Artwork", there's Art, and I sincerly think your pics are very artistic (if someone has got any doubt, just go & click the Andi's site link).
Second reason I'm happy, you may know it: Paris, always Paris.....
I'm now waiting for an artistic pic of the Gretsch guitar...

FC
Back to top Go down
Kingsley16

Kingsley16

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:45 am

congratulations Andi!!

Being an Illustrator myself I was pulling for an Illustration solution to be selected, but most of all that someone from this forum....Itza beautiful photo/design
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Just wanna join the gang here and send a huge CONGRATULATIONS to you Andi. Awesome shot! Don't forget to post some pics of your brand new Gretsch as soon as you get it, awrite? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
nietsk

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Yeaaaahj, how cool is this for you Andi! I'm strangley mixed with jelousy and proud feelings for you! The design looks great. It's a pity it will not likely be brought out on vinyl because it would look awesome but hey.. Another good reason to buy it anyway!
Congrats!!
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:27 pm

This wonderful news just made my day.

Way to go Andi! Very nicely done. And as Rick said, it couldn't have happened to a better, more deserving person. I'm proud of you! I'm proud also just to know that a friend of mine did such a cool thing.

I'm hoping they use the photograph instead of the illustration, but either way, this is fantastic!

R
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Congratulations Andi, well done cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Thank you all so much. Your kindness and congratulations mean an awful lot to me. RMC, thank you. Of course I'm kinda hoping for the same thing, but I'm elated no matter what!

And ya'll know me. You'll get really, really sick of seeing pics of the new guitar.

sunny
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:07 pm

Andi wrote:
Thank you all so much. Your kindness and congratulations mean an awful lot to me. RMC, thank you. Of course I'm kinda hoping for the same thing, but I'm elated no matter what!

And ya'll know me. You'll get really, really sick of seeing pics of the new guitar.

sunny
Its gonna be worth the wait, I've had many hotrod sig's and they sound and feel quite wonderful outa the box. Obviously this one will be extra special!! Hope its the candy apple or regal blue!

I'm happy to
set it up for ya btw! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:37 am

Thanks Tavo, I will definitely take you up on that! Though I hope I don't have to wait that long before we get together for lunch or somethin'!

sunny
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:00 am

A belated well done Andi, a deserving winner. Enjoy that guitar!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/view_profile.php?member_id=286
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:02 am

Do you think I can borrow it for a gig or 2??
bounce
Back to top Go down
jbgoode

jbgoode

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:12 am

Congratulations; Way cool!!!!
As mentioned already before: You deserve it!!
JB.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
freddie

freddie

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:54 am

Congratulations Andi! Reading your happiness is a pleasure! I didn't know you were a professional photografer. As Choo choo mentionned your website, I went to see your work on it and there are some pictures I really like, such as the nature's art with prints in the sand (very graphical, which is what I prefer; wish I could have a really big one in black and white!) and all the humoristic ones (with the Pise tower or the roman emperor). It is good to live from its passion, isn't it? a real luxury...

Hola Miguelbrian, I really like your entry, creative, graphical and powerful. The same for Patrick...
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:37 am

Thank you all so much for all the love!!

Patrick, if there was any way I could loan the Hot Rod to ya I would, I'm gonna be dyin' to hear people play it who can do the thing justice while I'm learning!! Very Happy

Freddie, thank you for the compliment. I am not by any means a pro shooter. I wish I was!! I've sold a few photos here and there, been commissioned to do a few sessions (portraits and events), been lucky enough to photograph some incredible live music - including the Cats! And I suppose this isn't the first contest I've ever won with my photography - I took several blue ribbons in a couple of small-town Australian shows (the equivalent of the county fair for my American friends). But really, I'm just someone who passionately loves grabbing fleeting moments in time and making them last forever. For me, being able to capture someone's feelings or personality with my camera is the greatest challenge and joy. ('Specially if they look like Brian!! Twisted Evil ) But as you can see from my flickr site, I love shooting anything and everything that gets in front of my lens!

I've mentioned this to a few different people: it'd be pretty exciting if my photography ended up in any famous person's CD, where the whole world could see it. But the fact that it's Brian's CD - that just makes it unreal to me. He's played such a big part in my life, influenced it so much, for so many years. To have my work (and possibly my name) associated with his work is about the biggest honor he could bestow upon me, and is without a doubt the biggest honor my photography has ever received.

sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:57 am

Please allow me to add my heartfelt congratulations on your win Andi. I gotta tell you though, I had a strong feeling all along that you would win. I'm glad I was right!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:59 am

Twenty Flight Rick wrote:
I had a strong feeling all along that you would win.

Why do people keep saying that?!?!?! I was sure I WOULDN'T win! Hahahahaha!!!!

In any case, thank you Rick - and webby, you said it too! Your faith in my abilities is VERY much appreciated!!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:39 am

BY THE WAY!!!!

How cool is it that we got to see some of the album artwork in advance, and that we'll get a couple songs from the new record in advance?!!?

Thank You Surfdog, for keeping us fans updated!! We appreciate every little bit of it!

And in case none of the English-speakers have bothered to pop into the French thread, Laurent posted an article - in English! - about the new release!
https://hoodoovoodoolounge.darkbb.com/off-topic-f2/for-french-movie-buffs-t1259-240.htm

Here's a repost:

Brian Setzer Orchestra Meets Film Noir On ‘Songs From Lonely Avenue’

Rockabilly guitar-slinger, big band impresario, and all-around cool cat Brian Setzer takes a walk on the dark side with his film noir-inspired new album ‘Songs From Lonely Avenue,’ out October 13th on Surfdog Records.

With a propulsive rhythm, an ominous minor key, wickedly good instrumental solos and the familiar character of the Devil up to his old tricks, opening track “Trouble Train” sets the mood for the whole album (with echoes of that other great song about Lucifer, Charlie Daniels’ “Devil Went Down to Georgia”). Throughout the rest of the album, thugs prowl the street, young couples dance the night away in New York, hearts are broken, and lives are taken, all over pitch-perfect melodies and arrangements.

Comprising ten vocal tracks and three instrumentals, ‘Songs from Lonely Avenue’ marks the first time Setzer has written every track on an album. With all the scope of a Raymond Chandler novel or an Orson Welles film, it’s his most ambitious project to date.

And as he did on 2007’s ‘Wolfgang’s Big Night Out,’ Setzer recruited 87-year-old Frank Comstock, one of the most important and inventive arrangers of instrumental music of the last century, to score the horn arrangements. Comstock wrote music for many of the era’s top artists, including Doris Day, Sonny Dunham, Benny Carter and Judy Garland (not to mention the “Rocky & Bullwinkle” theme!).

Furthermore, the “New King Of Jingle Bell Rock” (Billboard) Brian Setzer and his 18-piece big band will kick off their seventh Christmas Extravaganza 27-date tour on November 20th in Detroit. This fall, Surfdog Records will re-release Setzer’s hugely successful collection of yuletide music: ‘Christmas Rocks’ as well as the ‘Ultimate Christmas’ CD and DVD combination- songs that have become part of the holiday tradition for millions over the last several years.

From launching the rockabilly revolution with the Stray Cats to pioneering the swing revival with the Brian Setzer Orchestra, this Long Island-born innovator has earned his unique place in modern music by walking the line between conceptual discipline and balls-out rockin’. Setzer won three Grammy Awards (two for Best Pop Instrumental Performance for “Sleepwalk” from The Dirty Boogie in 1998 and “Caravan” from VaVoom in 2000, plus one for Best Pop Performance with “Jump, Jive an' Wail,” also from The Dirty Boogie) by targeting that place where wild energy and visionary imagination intersect.
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:50 am

Andi its good news well done it could'nt have happened to a nicer person. I and everyone else on the board are
very very proud of you congatulation's on a very classy piece of photograghy
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Well Andi, I said that because of your positive energy and dedication. The fact that multiple parties said the same thing speaks volumes. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Very very very cool! Great job.

Based on the selection of Andi's work, I am excited about the CD release, I get what it is going to be and I can't wait to hear it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerrylinger.com
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:35 am

Andi wrote:

Patrick, if there was any way I could loan the Hot Rod to ya I would, I'm gonna be dyin' to hear people play it who can do the thing justice while I'm learning!! Very Happy

sunny sunny sunny

???? What a Face
You mean you don't even play guitar, or just a bit??
cheers cheers
That's even greater!
Rock on Cat!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We have a winner!!!   We have a winner!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We have a winner!!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next