Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In Memory Of The King

Go down 
+5
RadiationSteve
Spanishdavid
rockabilly guy
Gloria
matt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
matt

matt

In Memory Of The King Empty
PostSubject: In Memory Of The King   In Memory Of The King Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Elvis Aaron Presley you are an angel In heaven god bless you and keep em rockin.....!!!! up there ma son
love ya Matt

ps Rockabilly Rules
R.I.P
ELVIS AaRON PRESLEY
08/01/1935 TO 16/08/1977
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: In Memory Of The King   In Memory Of The King Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 4:21 am

I'm wearing an Elvis shirt in honor of the man today. Even thirty-two years later, August 16th is a sad day but Elvis makes my world a better one with his music. Miss him more than I could ever say in words. I love you
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: In Memory Of The King   In Memory Of The King Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Simply the King,no argument!

RIP Elvis
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: In Memory Of The King   In Memory Of The King Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 4:08 pm

greatly missed.

The ONE and ONLY.

A true legend.

The reason why I am the way I am.

In Memory Of The King L_4fb60bf1f580c1eebe49f4aa9fd1c0ac
Back to top Go down
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

PostSubject: Re: In Memory Of The King   In Memory Of The King Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:21 am

Unlike any other artist in history Elvis didn't just have a 40 greatest songs....i would suggest to all those who wonder why he is called 'The King' - to listen to the non chart stuff like 'After Loving You' from the '69 memphis Recordings, and 'Got My Mojo Workin'' from 'Love Letters' etc etc. You may not like the films, or the music from them, but there is so much more to explore.
The '50's Elvis songs are classics.
The '60's actually have a truckfull of hidden gems,
and the '70's are just as good as the rest in my opnion (maybe better because that's what i play the most) - We have the passion of the ballads, the inspirational Gospel songs, The Rocking versions of not just other peoples songs (which Elvis does better) but also songs that were written especially for E. Then there's the performances, the power, the giving everything he's got.
This caption sums it up really.....ELVIS PRESLEY - ARTIST OF THE CENTURY....And that applies to this century too.

In Memory Of The King Elvisp10
Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: In Memory Of The King   In Memory Of The King Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Steve,
you wrote your post with the right words and I agree with you at 1000%. I just watched King Creole a couple of days ago and it's been a while I didn't see it. Woaoww!! Elvis drives me crazy again after all these years...
The french official fan club is called "Elvis My Happiness". Its site is highly recommended.

FC
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: In Memory Of The King   In Memory Of The King Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:28 pm

No 1

king king king
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: In Memory Of The King   In Memory Of The King Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:52 pm

Always that strange and sad feeling on august 16th... This day is still dedicated to Elvis, listening to some recordings or watching a film. This year, that was his last concert. Amazing !
(I have probably choose the last gig this year because I am 42 years old now...)
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: In Memory Of The King   In Memory Of The King Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:22 pm

ChooChoo,

I'm also 42 this year, and have been thinking about the King a lot. Since my birthday is January 19 (11 days after Elvis), that means 11 days after he died, I pass Elvis in longevity (August 27th, God willing!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Memory Of The King   In Memory Of The King Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Memory Of The King
Page 1 of 1