Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Bad thing

Go down 
+11
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
tvthewiredturtle
Andi
Elmer Fudd
FrenchyCat
Bear85
freddie
steb74
frenchlmp
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:09 am

Oh my god, my dog is dead this night...pray for him...i ' have no friend in my real life for talking of that and here is the very best place to talk about it!
I must tell all the fans here and all around the word, we need all the world read that, if I did not feel well!
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:19 am

I'm very sorry for your loss, I'm sure it's very painful indeed.
My dog died almost 7 years ago and I still find it hard to think about him without wanting to cry.
Take care over the coming weeks.
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:23 am

thank you for your support, I knew that this topic is the right place to talk about it! Thank you very much your so cut.
Back to top Go down
freddie

freddie

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:26 am

oh I am so sad for you, be sure I say a little prayer for him next sunday morning. What name should I say?
I am not sure He will listen to me because I have been very bad, I destroyed a turtledove nest yesterday and the poor little bird, certainly totally desperate, dropped its eggs on the floor. i feel so guilty...
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:28 am

frenchImp,

I'm very sorry for your loss. We have two dogs in our family, and I know how sad I'll be when it's their time to go. So I understand how you feel now!

And freddie, He will hear you, because He loves you!
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:41 am

freddie wrote:
oh I am so sad for you, be sure I say a little prayer for him next sunday morning. What name should I say?
I am not sure He will listen to me because I have been very bad, I destroyed a turtledove nest yesterday and the poor little bird, certainly totally desperate, dropped its eggs on the floor. i feel so guilty...

Oh thank you Freddie you so cut, sorry for your little bird! i say little prayer for him this sunday.
I'm so sad too because I can not properly clean my pans!
You seem to be such a good housewife, because it is really difficult to spot from the bird eggs, have you an idea?
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:58 am

Ohhh my Lisa, I'm so sorry for this terrible news. I don't know what to say to keep you smiling even if the loss of a friend like a dog is very painful!
What can I do for you, tell me... It's a very sad day for you and for the dogs community. I think you have to run to your local SPA, they'll certainly have another kindly friend for you.
I remember how nice it was, and very clever. I loved these walks on the beach with you 2; it liked geting a bath in the sea and running on the sand... How old was it?

So, my dear friend, you know you can count on me and I'll still be your confident.

FC
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:06 am

FrenchyCat wrote:
I think you have to run to your local SPA, they'll certainly have another kindly friend for you.

FC

I think I could ever have a dog! I'm too sad, but thank you for the idea of SPA I'll see if they have small mouse to adopt.
Back to top Go down
freddie

freddie

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:18 am

[quote="frenchlmp"]
freddie wrote:
Oh thank you Freddie you so cut, sorry for your little bird! i say little prayer for him this sunday.
I'm so sad too because I can not properly clean my pans!
You seem to be such a good housewife, because it is really difficult to spot from the bird eggs, have you an idea?

Oh no, lmp, I am a very bad housewife, I do my best. Every evening when my husband, whom I owe so much, comes back from his hard labour day, I prepare him a good warm bath, with his glass of favourite whisky, his newspaper, a delicious gratin dauphinois in the oven and a mille-feuille in the fridge (his favourite meals), his clothes are ready for the day after, the house is clean and I sit next to him, quiet and admirative, listening to how brilliant he was today with his team. And then I clean the pans all night long( when he finally sleeps, happy and fulfilled), with a wonderful product, called pierre d'argent, very ecologic, so I don't destroy the planet. And I go to bed, but not without thinking about my soul, my destiny, my miserable human importance compared to the infinity of skies and the reason why the world is the world...
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:19 am

FrenchyCat wrote:

I remember how nice it was, and very clever. I loved these walks on the beach with you 2; it liked geting a bath in the sea and running on the sand... How old was it?

FC

He had 3 months and in fact it has been swallowed up by an octopus while walking on the beach!!! It's was horrible to see that!!! terrible!!!
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:21 am

freddie wrote:

Every evening when my husband, whom I owe so much, comes back from his hard labour day, I prepare him a good warm bath, with his glass of favourite whisky, his newspaper, a delicious gratin dauphinois in the oven and a mille-feuille in the fridge (his favourite meals), his clothes are ready for the day after, the house is clean and I sit next to him, quiet and admirative, listening to how brilliant he was today with his team. And then I clean the pans all night long( when he finally sleeps, happy and fulfilled), with a wonderful product, called pierre d'argent, very ecologic, so I don't destroy the planet.

The french touch it's the best!
Back to top Go down
freddie

freddie

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:37 am

Sometimes I change his menu because gratin dauphinois and mille feuille don't contain proteins and fibers enough and I want his beard to be bright...
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:07 am

frenchlmp wrote:
FrenchyCat wrote:

FC

He had 3 months and in fact it has been swallowed up by an octopus while walking on the beach!!! It's was horrible to see that!!! terrible!!!

I'm afraid I don't understand, Lisa...
I thought you lost that big black and white dog you used to call "le chien-chien à sa maitresse" and was in fact named Ringo because of your admiration for the singer (not the drummer but Sheila's husband)! I didn't know you owned 2 dogs. And I think you used a bad translator because I can't understand the way it died... What did you mean when you wrote "octopus"?

FC
Back to top Go down
freddie

freddie

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:42 am

FrenchyCat wrote:
frenchlmp wrote:
FrenchyCat wrote:

FC

What did you mean when you wrote "octopus"?

FC
she means killed by james bond
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:47 am

No, Ringo is in great shape!
Always happens to whistle as you have taught him " laisse les gondoles à venise"!!! Thank you for asking worry.
This was Chriss! I have named Chriss in honor Chriss Isaak because he had a funny face, too funny, with slanted eyes, as if he had just been making a liftin!
And is really a giant octopus that has jumped at one of our walk along the water.
I know it's hard to believe but things like this happen often!
Back to top Go down
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:20 am

You Fwenchies are hiwawious! It's no wonder you howd Jewwy Lewis in such high wegard!

Those steweotypes about the Fwench being wude and sawcastic aw compwetewey wedicuwous!

Fwog Season!
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:39 am

freddie wrote:

she means killed by james bond

You know her?
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 am

I would like to apologize, as this is my fault, and to call a truce with the French Setzer fans.

I agree, I am an obnoxious over-sharer. Even my closest friend on this forum made that fact clear to me privately. Hell, I'm sick of hearing myself talk, which is why I've largely stopped posting.

I thought I was among real friends here, so it hurt to read some of the French talk behind my back, but really, I should've let it go, and I apologize for not doing that. I don't think anyone likes to know that people are being nice to their face and catty about them in another language.

Other people feel this has become a place of friendship and they post personal stuff too - even in the French threads, you share stories of your holidays and your lives, but I guess culturally there is a difference.

And nobody is as bad as I am. I realize that prattling on and on about my Setzer experiences, my opinions, sharing unrelated stories and writings, etc is really going overboard. I'm sure the Americans and Australians and Spaniards and everyone else are as sick of it as the French, they've just kept it to themselves. As I'll do from now on as well.

Lisa, I still and always will agree with you that Brian *needs* to take off his shirt! Twisted Evil

Hub, I apologize if you felt I was being indiscreet, rude or impolite. It came from being hurt and it was not my intention.

Laurent, I appreciate all of the insight, files, bands and other information you share here, it is invaluable.

All of the other French fans, I am sorry if I offended in any way, again, it was not my intent.

And Freddie:

"And I go to bed, but not without thinking about my soul, my destiny, my miserable human importance compared to the infinity of skies and the reason why the world is the world..."

While this characterizes me quite perfectly, the bit about how I treat a man is *WAY* off the mark! HAHAHA!

lol!

Again, I apologize, and I'll keep myself in check from now on.

I hope we can get back to the point - Brian Setzer, and the fact that he has a new album coming out next month!!

Love to you all.

Andi
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:23 am

I'm sorry it has to be this way sometimes.. we appreciate your enthusiam Andi..dont hold back. ITs a damn Fan forum for those excited about all things Brian Setzer... Good times and bad times, personal and public experiences shared make life richer.
btw..
Others have been made to feel bad too, youre not the only one.. and
btw..jealousy is ugly in any language..just shake it off and be the only
you, you know how to be. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:32 pm

I have no idea what the previous posts are about ,I must've missed something.
However I ,for one enjoy all Andis posts wether they are Setzer related or on any other topic... and she takes beautiful photographs.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Yup, got to agree with Lord Vincent about Andi's posts and photos. She brings lots of good mood to this place and I always enjoy her posts wether it is about seeing Brian live for the bazillionst time and still enjoying it like it was the first time or her posts in "One Good thing" that always seem to brighten my mood when I'm somehow annoyed or worried.
thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Bear85

Bear85

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Andi,

I have no idea what you did to offend anybody. I for one have noticed that you haven't been posting much lately, and I miss that.

I'm guessing that you didn't really "offend" anybody - your friendliness, your openness, and your enthusiasm for life in general and Setzer in particular is something that some people just simply cannot leave alone. Please, please don't let that get in the way of you being yourself.

I've been on discussion boards that didn't interest me, or that I was always disagreeing with. Instead of trolling, I just stopped going there! You are an important part of this board, Andi, and I'm guessing many others feel the same way. Instead of YOU cutting back on posts or leaving completely, maybe OTHERS could find a place to go where they'll like the company better.

But please don't leave, and please don't change.

(This message is 100% sarcasm free! Except maybe for this line.)
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:19 am

Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:31 am

Hub,

Very appropriate clip for 'One Bad Thing'! I love how the lower corner of the screen tells us 'Pop Kitsch', in case we couldn't figure that out for ourselves!

I do like that bass, though.

(Edit: I may have commented on your clip too soon - I don't know what the singer is singing. I meant only to joke about the quality of the song. But I now see from other threads that you use this clip often as a reply to others. So I may regret this, but will ask anyway...what's the meaning of the song?)
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:08 am

Bear85 wrote:
Andi,

I have no idea what you did to offend anybody. I for one have noticed that you haven't been posting much lately, and I miss that.

I'm guessing that you didn't really "offend" anybody - your friendliness, your openness, and your enthusiasm for life in general and Setzer in particular is something that some people just simply cannot leave alone. Please, please don't let that get in the way of you being yourself.

I've been on discussion boards that didn't interest me, or that I was always disagreeing with. Instead of trolling, I just stopped going there! You are an important part of this board, Andi, and I'm guessing many others feel the same way. Instead of YOU cutting back on posts or leaving completely, maybe OTHERS could find a place to go where they'll like the company better.

But please don't leave, and please don't change.

(This message is 100% sarcasm free! Except maybe for this line.)

100% agree...i don´t know what´s going on here as well, but if the result Andi is gone, it`s wrong.

Last edited by Brett on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Sponsored content

One Bad thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Bad thing   One Bad thing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Bad thing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next