Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why I'm not buying the new album

Go down 
+26
Eatonbeaver
kbilly
steb74
Twenty Flight Rick
Hot Rod Girl
Scatman
JC
pony65k
MEMPHISSUN
I'm Incinerator
tvthewiredturtle
rockabilly guy
Brett
Guitarmaniac
Spanishdavid
JB-IsleOfMan
Jumpin' Fred
Pistol Pete
Jess
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
Aussie_Sam
Rockabilly Ross
Rickabilly
ruger9
Andi
disappointed
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:22 am

I´ll find out the name of the company I´m talking about... I forgot it.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:25 am

ì know them all... Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:39 am

are you in the business? give the BSO a break and bring them on!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:04 am

yes, i am. But we work for agencies or promoter.
We do all the Light/LED and Sound Job (maybe you notice the ESC this year in Moscow, the Light and the Videopart was from our Company.) My job is to handle the logistic part. Trucking, Airfreight and seafreight arrangments.
But i never had the opportunity to work for the Cats or BSO... Sad

But i think the point is clear, people are disapointed if their favorite Artits don`t come to play live. And i am too or can understand this. But i also know how it works and how much money it costs. So it`s not a greedy or mean thing by Artits, but for sure a buisness thing. They have to calculate like we all...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:40 am

current U2 tour has yet to break even according to their
manager. Sez the tour is costing $750.000 a day whether or not the band performs.
The set cost 40 million bucks to build and requires 120 trucks alone just for the staging.
500 people on the payroll...

that is some fun!! Smile drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:02 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
manager. Sez the tour is costing $750.000 a day whether or not the band performs.
The set cost 40 million bucks to build and requires 120 trucks alone just for the staging.

I thought for sure you could fit that into an Econoline and a tow-a-long Uhaul trailer scratch

no wonder guitarists are using more small combo amps and not using a great wall of 4x12 stacks these days...being a roadie doesn't seem all that bad of a gig
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:14 am

I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

...being a roadie doesn't seem all that bad of a gig

tell my wife that rabbit
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:49 am

Like someone wrote...way back...Elvis never rocked here,but his stff still sell"s!.

Go on,buy it,and enjoy!.

king king king
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
disappointed

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:14 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

That's just disgusting when Bono goes on about famine in Africa all the time.

If they're losing money on their tour, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Their ticket prices are ridiculous and that can't even make up the deficit... so basically, nobody wins.

And that's before we even get to my opinion of their MUSIC Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:30 pm

I seriously doubt U2 looses money EVER. Mainly, cause they don´t usually make money off their ticket sales, but the contracts they sign with local promoters.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Brett wrote:
. But i also know how it works and how much money it costs. So it`s not a greedy or mean thing by Artits, but for sure a buisness thing. They have to calculate like we all...

I hear you, man. My brother is a promoter here in Spain. I work for him sometimes.

Next gig we have is Depeche Mode. Not my favorite, but I´ll be there. Next year, AC/DC. That will be a bit more interesting Wink
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:47 pm

I hold Bono in the highest regard and he is one rich mother but he
does more with his power for the hopeless than pretty much any rocker.. U2 is my all time favorite living "rock" band..dont care what anyone sez.. The Edge F'n rulezzzz.
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:07 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
does more with his power for the hopeless than pretty much any rocker.. U2 is my all time favorite living "rock" band..dont care what anyone sez.. The Edge F'n rulezzzz.

Can't knock U2 if it wasn't partly for Rattle and Hum on VHS, I may never had an interest in playing guitar. Though, I couldn't really get into them in the 90's aside from the odd song...80's U2 is no joke to me, though.

and the last time they came through Omaha, I got screwed by the ticketmaster lotto system. I was pretty close to front in the line then they did the lotto thing and I just missed out on the tickets.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:30 pm

I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Can't knock U2 if it wasn't partly for Rattle and Hum on VHS, I may never had an interest in playing guitar. Though, I couldn't really get into them in the 90's aside from the odd song...80's U2 is no joke to me, though.

and the last time they came through Omaha, I got screwed by the ticketmaster lotto system. I was pretty close to front in the line then they did the lotto thing and I just missed out on the tickets.

I am a bad fan as I didnt buy the new album... been too focused on my first love.. rawka rawka billy!
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:48 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

I am a bad fan as I didnt buy the new album... been too focused on my first love.. rawka rawka billy!

don't feel bad, I haven't picked it up either. I probably won't have a problem picking it up at a later date, though it seems like everytime I go to a store the music shelf is getting smaller and smaller.
Back to top Go down
Jess

Jess

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:
Brett wrote:
. But i also know how it works and how much money it costs. So it`s not a greedy or mean thing by Artits, but for sure a buisness thing. They have to calculate like we all...

I hear you, man. My brother is a promoter here in Spain. I work for him sometimes.

Next gig we have is Depeche Mode. Not my favorite, but I´ll be there. Next year, AC/DC. That will be a bit more interesting Wink

AC/DC rocks, saw them in Copenhagen this year, hell yeah they rock.
As my wife said after the show, "150 minuts normally is a bit too much, but I want more"
By the way, don't spend your money on Green Day this time, what a great circus and less rock'n'roll
Back to top Go down
http://www.taggytones.dk
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Jess wrote:

By the way, don't spend your money on Green Day this time, what a great circus and less rock'n'roll

Never ever been in my "things to do" list.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:17 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:
Brett wrote:

ACDC is back on the road next year?
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:36 pm

yes. Sometime June and July, in Europe.
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:12 pm

I saw AC/DC in Dublin in June. They were so good that it hurt. Great stage show , great songs , great guitar , great Rock n Roll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:29 pm

I doubt very much those huge bands like U2 or AC/DC will ever lose a singe dime... the scenery, stage, logistics... is way too expensive, but sure they make a good money out of it, otherwise they wouldn't go on tour, would they??? Besides, some of those tours are sponsered by some trademarks like Coke or whatsoever, so that sometimes the band already knows what they are going to earn even though they don't break even at all from the ticket sales....
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:25 pm

U2 makes around 3 million a night. Don't tell me they loose money.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:29 am

Speaking of U2, this Sunday you can watch their Pasadena Rose Bowl concert live, for free, on YouTube - the first time YouTube has ever broadcasted a live show in its entirety. More details here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:49 am

And tomorrow Wednesday, the presentation of Robbie Williams' latest album!! I love him, he's a real good entertainer and musician/songwriter
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:11 pm

In my opinion and it's only that, I wait with baited breath for any artist I love to release new music and then devour it with pleasure. To me that's the number one thing. If then that artist decides to tour, then that's my bonus.

Do yourself a favour, buy the CD and enjoy it. If the BSO tour on it well then good luck to you because I just assume I won't get to see them play unless I go to Japan, which could always be an option if things fall into place.

The best of luck to you.

Regards,

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I'm not buying the new album
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next