Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why I'm not buying the new album

Go down 
+26
Eatonbeaver
kbilly
steb74
Twenty Flight Rick
Hot Rod Girl
Scatman
JC
pony65k
MEMPHISSUN
I'm Incinerator
tvthewiredturtle
rockabilly guy
Brett
Guitarmaniac
Spanishdavid
JB-IsleOfMan
Jumpin' Fred
Pistol Pete
Jess
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
Aussie_Sam
Rockabilly Ross
Rickabilly
ruger9
Andi
disappointed
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:03 am

It's not in any of the record stores near me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:58 am

Place an order with some internet suppliers???
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:05 pm

Man With The Magic Touch wrote:
And tomorrow Wednesday, the presentation of Robbie Williams' latest album!! I love him, he's a real good entertainer and musician/songwriter

who's robbie williams?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:16 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

who's robbie williams?

Wasn't he in Mork & Mindy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:43 am

JC wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

who's robbie williams?

Wasn't he in Mork & Mindy?

aha!! he wore those groovy gay pride suspenders and went "shazzbat"!
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:25 am

Nanu Nanu !!!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:53 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
who's robbie williams?

Robbie Williams is a singing trainwreck that is extremely popular in the UK. He did a big band record in 2001, that's about the only reason I have heard of him. Stories of his drug and alcohol problems and his sex life are what he's known for as much if not more than his ability as a singer.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Andi wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
who's robbie williams?

Robbie Williams is a singing trainwreck that is extremely popular in the UK. He did a big band record in 2001, that's about the only reason I have heard of him. Stories of his drug and alcohol problems and his sex life are what he's known for as much if not more than his ability as a singer.

Hmmm....does he know Amy Winehouse?
Back to top Go down
disappointed

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Andi wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
who's robbie williams?

All true, except for the IS which should say WAS! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 5:38 am

I guess you are all wrong concerning Robbie.... the fact that he does drugs and all that shit doesnt meant he is not a good singer.

He loves jazz & swing and rock n roll music. If you have a look at a DVD called The Robbie Williams Show, you will see that all the decoration is based on Elvis 68 CBS, the Jailhouse Rock clip, etc.

He is a wonderful entertainer, a nice singer and even better song-writer...

I don't care about what he does in his private life, but when it comes to music, he is one of the kings of the whole damn world!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:25 am

I guess we should re-title this thread "Why I'm not posting this in the Other Artists forum."

Seriously, we've spent more than half this thread talking about Robbie Williams and U2. Sleep What's next? A discussion on this thread about the cost-effectiveness of the latest Hannah Montana tour?

I wonder what the occasional visitor to this forum must think when two of the top threads are titled "Why I'm Not Buying the New Album," and "My new Lonely Avenue cd straight into the garbage bag!"

And yet here I go bumping this thread to the top again.

Toppermost of the Poppermost-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:35 am

Have you posted a review of the new cd Rick? Did I miss it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:46 am

Rickabilly, if you don't like what is posted here by other members of this forum, just don't post. Sometimes the thread tittles are not a "closed path", they can deviate to other topics and honestly, Rick, I am completely sick of your always having to be the man with the last word and the only one who seems to be correct in here... If an occasional visitor reads this topic, I don't care about what he/she might think because we are not talking exactly about "Why I am not buying the new album", but we did talk about it and them, we commented on other issues.

Shall we start a new topic on the "Other Artists" section or on the "Off Topic" any bloody time that we slightly change the subject????? This would be honestly, endless... oh, excuse me, I need to start 10 new posts to deal with whatsoever I have in my mind lol!
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:03 am

Rickabilly wrote:
I wonder what the occasional visitor to this forum must think when two of the top threads are titled "Why I'm Not Buying the New Album," and "My new Lonely Avenue cd straight into the garbage bag!"
Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Screaming
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:39 pm

Man With The Magic Touch wrote:
Rickabilly, if you don't like what is posted here by other members of this forum, just don't post. Sometimes the thread tittles are not a "closed path", they can deviate to other topics and honestly, Rick, I am completely sick of your always having to be the man with the last word and the only one who seems to be correct in here... If an occasional visitor reads this topic, I don't care about what he/she might think because we are not talking exactly about "Why I am not buying the new album", but we did talk about it and them, we commented on other issues.

Shall we start a new topic on the "Other Artists" section or on the "Off Topic" any bloody time that we slightly change the subject????? This would be honestly, endless... oh, excuse me, I need to start 10 new posts to deal with whatsoever I have in my mind lol!

Rick isn't the only one who always seems to be right. In my head, I'm always right, so between Rick, myself and of course Lord B, everyone else here is wrong Wink

Chill dude, don't take things so seriously.

Let the flaming begin, Flame On,

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:50 am

pony65k wrote:

Let the flaming begin, Flame On,

René

Flame on, this crazy feelin'
And I know it's got me reelin'.

Err, somethin' like that....

Razz
hrg
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:08 pm

I always try....to do what the voices in my Wifes head tell me to do and this forum seems very well run compared to most I frequent sooo... carry on my rockabilly warriors.
Back to top Go down
disappointed

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 5:17 pm

One year on from my original post.

Still disappointed.

Endless re-releases of old material in various formats.

But still no sign that Brian has any interest in the UK.

OK, I realise I'm whining like a little girl now. But if I can't vent my frustration here, where can I? No

Maybe I'll return to this thread in October every year and we'll see how long it takes for things to change... IF they do...

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:29 pm

new instrumental album is going to be released soon. A departure from the BSO and
something for the guitarists to get into.
Back to top Go down
Eatonbeaver

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:03 pm

disappointed wrote:
Greetings all,

I realise this message will meet with no approval whatsoever from the Setzer fanbase, but it's something I've got to get off my chest. So here goes: why I'm not buying the new album.

I've been a huge BSO fan for nearly ten years now. Since discovering that incredible big-band sound, I've become more and more hooked every year, spending all I can afford on their music, DVDs, guitar tab books, rarities and other merchandise. But now I'm forced to come to only one conclusion.... that Brian doesn't care about me, or any of my friends who are also into the BSO. Because we live in the UK, and as far as all my research would suggest, the BSO haven't played here in that entire decade since we became fans.

So this may sound weird. But not a day goes by when I don't check the official website for some sort of hint that the BSO might give a monkey's about their European fans. And without fail, we don't get a tour. Every year. So why do I want to get so excited about the new record when it's just another 13 songs I'll never get to hear live?

I know what you're going to say, my friends. Why don't I travel to the US if I'm that bothered? Well, the simple answer is, my job (which I won't go into here) won't let me make casual trips like that. I'm not asking for the world here. I live in London, for Chrissake. One of the first cities on the tour schedule for any band who decide to come to Europe. Or you'll say, what about the Stray Cats and the '68 Comeback Special? And I'll say yes, I saw them in London and I'm very grateful for the opportunity, but they're not the BSO.

Or you'll say it costs too much to bring the big band this far. Well, frankly, I don't much care for that argument. If I were Brian, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night for guilt over all those fans who don't live in the US or Japan. And I think that if he wants to keep those fans, he needs to make the effort to come and see them. If you don't believe that'll happen, let me be the first to raise my hand. I love Brian and his music, but every time a new album comes out with no tour, I feel a little bit more cheated.

Thing is mate without a hit you can't afford to bring a bigband abroad. Plus times have changed. Unless you have a pair of tits or are into hiphop there is no way mtv will play you, (blame the illuminati for that). but the bottom line is to pay perdiem for 18 guys and tour europe without a hit record is impossible.

Besides the U.K. got the farewll stray cats tour, no one else did.
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 6:53 am

Eatonbeaver wrote:
Besides the U.K. got the farewll stray cats tour, no one else did.

It was a "farewell to Europe"-tour. As I'm sure you know, half of the UK part was cancelled due to Slim Jim breaking his arm.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:15 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
new instrumental album is going to be released soon. A departure from the BSO and
something for the guitarists to get into.

Since you seem to have some sort of "connection" to the Great Setz (friend-of-a-friend or something), please define "soon." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:32 am

I have 0 connection with Setzer unfortunatley.. and I cant define soon or I should say I'm not allowed to. Just know its comin and he's taking his time on this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:19 pm

Quote :
Rick isn't the only one who always seems to be right. In my head, I'm always right, so between Rick, myself and of course Lord B, everyone else here is wrong Wink

So true, So true, my Antipodean kindred spirit.....we who are always right are an elite few, destined to plough a lonely furrow in the morass of wrong opinions that is the rest of the world. Rolling Eyes
Sometimes I weep Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Lord Vincent Blackshadow on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bored)
Back to top Go down
disappointed

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 8:11 am

disappointed wrote:
Maybe I'll return to this thread in October every year and we'll see how long it takes for things to change... IF they do...

Two years on from my original post.

Still disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Why I'm not buying the new album - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I'm not buying the new album
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next