Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rockabilly Jamtracks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigsby

Rockabilly Jamtracks Empty
PostSubject: Rockabilly Jamtracks   Rockabilly Jamtracks Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Hello.
I'm looking for Rockabilly Jamtracks (just Slapbass and maybe (but nessesary) a few drums) in several keys.

Can somebody help?
Back to top Go down
Bigsby

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Jamtracks   Rockabilly Jamtracks Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:42 am

Hello again.
Made some Tracks by myself with some slapbass and drum loops i found in the web.

Both Tracks are the some, just the key is different:

Key of E: http://www.2shared.com/file/8643432/eb410140/KeyE.html

Key of A: http://www.2shared.com/file/8643459/2ac97f4e/KeyA.html
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Jamtracks   Rockabilly Jamtracks Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:17 am

You could look for the "Stand alone Tapes Rockabilly".
They offer them in different styles, and the CD comes with a little booklet including scales and chords you can use to play with the Songs, but altogether it's too "countryish" for me. I prefer their book "Guitar Roots Swing" which also comes with a CD.
These two are the best I know, but it definetly is no comparison to playing with "real" musicians. Somehow I miss some groove on them.

Hope that helped you out though

Paul
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Jamtracks   Rockabilly Jamtracks Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 6:44 pm

webelvis wrote:
They offer them in different styles, and the CD comes with a little booklet including scales and chords you can use to play with the Songs, but altogether it's too "countryish" for me. I prefer their book "Guitar Roots Swing" which also comes with a CD.
These two are the best I know, but it definetly is no comparison to playing with "real" musicians. Somehow I miss some groove on them.

Paul

Yep, these are good tracks to have. The "Jam with Brian Setzer" book and cd is excellant because we already know the songs as well.

P.S. Paul where's some video of your duo??? I'm hanging out to see some more!!
Cheers Pete
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Jamtracks   Rockabilly Jamtracks Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Wrock

Wrock

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Jamtracks   Rockabilly Jamtracks Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:16 am

matt wrote:
This here is a good jamtrax cd aswell

http://www.licklibrary.com/store/brian-setzer/721/brian-setzer-jamtrax

I thinks this is the cut-down version of the CD that came along with the "Jam With Brian Setzer" book that also included "Sexy and 17", "Double Talkin´Baby" and "Fishnet Stockings".

A few Rockabilly tracks can be found at GuitarBT - free guitar backing tracks (Go to the download section for the list). There is also a jam track CD available form the Danish band The Jime called Jam With The Jime. You can easily transpose the tune from A to different keys using the PAceMaker plugin for Winamp.
Back to top Go down
Bigsby

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Jamtracks   Rockabilly Jamtracks Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:14 am

webelvis wrote:

Paul

The Stand alone Tapes Rockabilly looks like it might be smething for me. I took a look at the book it through google books. But "too countryish" doesn't sound good No I didn't found samples...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Jamtracks   Rockabilly Jamtracks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly Jamtracks
Page 1 of 1