Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?

Go down 
+15
steb74
Guitarmaniac
ruger9
Pirate Paul
Jon524
Brett
Andi
lisathegreaser.
mjcodina
johnnykool327
Rickabilly
Rocky Mountain Cat
tvthewiredturtle
Hot Rod Girl
peeteycat
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:57 am

Damn! The video won't load up - just keep getting "null" Sad
Probably because I'm in the UK. Hopefully it will be posted on youtube or daily motion Rolling Eyes

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:18 am

Pirate Paul wrote:
Probably because I'm in the UK. Hopefully it will be posted on youtube or daily motion Rolling Eyes

Cheers PP pirat

dont sweat it.. watch it here at Hulu, best spot for reruns..

http://www.hulu.com/watch/109858/the-tonight-show-with-conan-obrien-wed-nov-18-2009#s-p1-so-i0
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:31 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Pirate Paul wrote:

Cheers PP pirat

dont sweat it.. watch it here at Hulu, best spot for reruns..

http://www.hulu.com/watch/109858/the-tonight-show-with-conan-obrien-wed-nov-18-2009#s-p1-so-i0

Double damn!! Evil or Very Mad

BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Usanoplay

Cheers anyway TV! PP pirat
Back to top Go down
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:34 am

You guys really liked that performance? I gotta' say, I hope the Xmas tour is more spirited than that. I hate to say it, because I worship the man as much as anybody here, but I felt like they were just phoning it in.

You sure you're not "over-appreciating" the performance, after having been w/o the BSO for so long? That might be the worst BSO performance I ever seen. NOT SAYING IT WAS BAD at all... just nowhere near what the BSO can do, that's all.

But then, what do I know... the new record is only luke-warm for me...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:53 am

ruger9 wrote:
You guys really liked that performance? I gotta' say, I hope the Xmas tour is more spirited than that. I hate to say it, because I worship the man as much as anybody here, but I felt like they were just phoning it in.

You sure you're not "over-appreciating" the performance, after having been w/o the BSO for so long? That might be the worst BSO performance I ever seen. NOT SAYING IT WAS BAD at all... just nowhere near what the BSO can do, that's all.

But then, what do I know... the new record is only luke-warm for me...

Youre gonna push me over the edge of trying to be positive huh? Smile
I'm tryin to say things that are both true and positive but like someone said on the tele forum..it looks like these guys are not feeling their oats.
Maybe a better way is that it looks like the suits are wearing them instead of them wearing the suits...

ps. since ruger pulled the cork... Andi take off your Setzer beer goggles BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:26 am

Anyone able to upload this to youtube?
I'd really like to see it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:08 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
mjcodina wrote:
Yeah Tavo thats what i was talking about, that amp. thanks for the info.

bid away!! the Supro thunderbolt awaits!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Supro-thunderbolt-combo-amplifier-vintage-valco-1960s_W0QQitemZ180431651965QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a0290847d

Dam why's he gotta keep using those dang expensive vintage amps. Why the switch beside the obvious color matching. haha. But I gotta say that tone he got when he did My Baby Dont Love Me Blues was outta this world

I do agree witht eh performance tho, Im also just stoked to see them in action again
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:15 pm

mjcodina wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
mjcodina wrote:
Yeah Tavo thats what i was talking about, that amp. thanks for the info.

bid away!! the Supro thunderbolt awaits!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Supro-thunderbolt-combo-amplifier-vintage-valco-1960s_W0QQitemZ180431651965QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a0290847d

Dam why's he gotta keep using those dang expensive vintage amps. Why the switch beside the obvious color matching. haha. But I gotta say that tone he got when he did My Baby Dont Love Me Blues was outta this world

I do agree witht eh performance tho, Im also just stoked to see them in action again

well if you think about it, That supro thunderbolt is one of the most classic of all amps having been used by jimi hendrix and Jimmy Page.
I think he may be trying to lower the SPL in general but not lose his signature sound. The irony ..sad it that was my inspiration for creating the nocturn pedal. Setzer sound at small club volume... but I too would die to fool with one of those old crappy amps. (made by valco )
My buddy has an Alamo 1x15 and its pretty darn close.

It appears Setzer's has been recovered as the original cab cover looks closer to his suit in a sort of grey subtle glenplaid
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Awwwww man. Somebody with an honest opinion around here...

I'm hoping the vibe that was missing will show up on the tour, but I do have a question....when is Conan taped? Is it taped in the middle of the day, or is it closer to the time when we actually watch it. (here, they went on at 11:35pm, and man, by that time I was flat wore out!) And if the sound was a little off, and the guys weren't able to hear eachother clearly, it is difficult to get in the groove and let loose. So, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, keeping my fingers crossed that we all won't be disappointed when we do get to see them live this year.

Hopefully Kbilly will give us his report from Detroit, and then who ever attends the following shows can add to the fun.

Anxiously awaiting the Wisconsin show,
hrg
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
Awwwww man. Somebody with an honest opinion around here...

I'm hoping the vibe that was missing will show up on the tour, but I do have a question....when is Conan taped? Is it taped in the middle of the day, or is it closer to the time when we actually watch it. (here, they went on at 11:35pm, and man, by that time I was flat wore out!) And if the sound was a little off, and the guys weren't able to hear eachother clearly, it is difficult to get in the groove and let loose. So, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, keeping my fingers crossed that we all won't be disappointed when we do get to see them live this year.

Hopefully Kbilly will give us his report from Detroit, and then who ever attends the following shows can add to the fun.

Anxiously awaiting the Wisconsin show,
hrg

Expect a full review of Sunday's show right here at the HDVDL from yours truly.
We are so close its killing me!
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Jon524

Jon524

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Conac, leno, and all those guys typically fill morning or early afternoon. They dont run live.
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:41 am

Here you go folks, I've just put it up Smile

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
..very not rockabilly..very big band and sophisticated.
I completely disagree man (suprise, suprise Smile)
I personally find this track in particular to have more in common with rockabilly than probably any other BSO original.
There's a simplicity and a kind of slick, controlled rawness to it which I don't hear when I listen to the BSO normally, no relentless chord substituting, just meat and potato goodness.
I much prefer the backing vocals on the album as I'm not much of a fan of the female backing singing in the BSO anyway ....well in general.
The suits were a major improvement for me and they weren't formal in the least.
They just had some attitude and class as opposed to the normal family fun, fancy dress BSO which I do have to cringe at sometimes.
There was definitely a problem with the out front mix and I can only guess that the sound on stage was horrific, I think this is simply the reason for any performance related issues.
A bad sound on stage can be difficult enough with just a 3 piece, so with a big band it must be a nightmare.

Anyway, enjoy the clip Smile
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:23 am

Did Brian stop colouring his hair?
It fit's the silver suit^^

Great Performance, I really enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:45 am

The performance was good.
The TV sound was a bit crappy first minutes. But don´t forget what your hear on TV is not the sound in the studio.
(in europe we work like this, and i guess in the US TV stations do the same way).
So it´s hard for a sound engineer to find a great sound from the 1st second..
The band played great and after a few shows they will run like well oiled mashine.
I like Tony, he`s not like Bernie but he plays very good.

What a guitar, blows me away...
i have to see the BSO someday.

Man, you US Folks are really lucky.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Jon524

Jon524

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:41 pm

I thought the performance was ok. Hell a couple years back when i saw him at gibson theatre during the christmas tour he was sick and to me he sounded better then on conan! haha I know its his first single on the album but i would have liked to have seen something with a more big band feel like Gimme some rhythm daddy.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Jon524 wrote:
I thought the performance was ok. Hell a couple years back when i saw him at gibson theatre during the christmas tour he was sick and to me he sounded better then on conan! haha I know its his first single on the album but i would have liked to have seen something with a more big band feel like Gimme some rhythm daddy.

I remember Setzer trying to Soldier through that show, he is a true
performer.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:42 pm

What i really like is
millions of Gretschplayer are trying to find the right Setzersound with a blonde bassmann, and Brian is playing an old whatever-Fender-amp and sounded amazing... Cool
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Brett wrote:
What i really like is
millions of Gretschplayer are trying to find the right Setzersound with a blonde bassmann, and Brian is playing an old whatever-Fender-amp and sounded amazing... Cool

those Supro's are sooo cheapo but cost $$$.. oh well, I love blonde bassman amps and thats it! The Dirty Boogie guitar tone and 68' comeback special are tops in my book.
tv
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:52 pm

sure...nothing against to say.
It´s just a funny thing,
guess this guy could play a Peavey solid state practice amp and the sounds better than i will ever do with all the expensive gear...
Back to top Go down
Jon524

Jon524

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:56 pm

I run through a Fender Deville 410 and that bad boy busts out some great sounds Smile best 600 bucks ever spent! never gonna need another amp!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 2:12 pm

Jon524 wrote:
I run through a Fender Deville 410 and that bad boy busts out some great sounds Smile best 600 bucks ever spent! never gonna need another amp!

I'm gonna always need another amp, another car! Smile
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:22 am

Been a helluva week and I forgot to reply to this:

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Andi take off your Setzer beer goggles Twisted Evil

You know I love ya Tavo.

But piss off. Hee hee!! Razz

sunny
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:33 am

Andi wrote:
Been a helluva week and I forgot to reply to this:

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Andi take off your Setzer beer goggles Twisted Evil

You know I love ya Tavo.

But piss off. Hee hee!! Razz

sunny

sorry... Whiskey monocle
Back to top Go down
jonhope

jonhope

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:25 am

Having now seen the youtube upload of the performance (thanks Steb Cool ) my view is that it was a little patchy - Brian was great both vocally and guitar wise but the backing vocals were poor affraid and the horn section seemed very half hearted with their "moves".

I think you can also expect the song to get a little tighter the more they play it together live

But as everyone says a slightl;y off BSO performance is miles better than most bands on top of their game Laughing

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/afterburnerslive
Jon524

Jon524

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:27 pm

Wise words TV... wise words. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next