Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tonight's gig live on the web !!

Go down 
+2
Brett
Setzerado
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Setzerado

Setzerado

Tonight's gig live on the web !! Empty
PostSubject: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:43 am

Thursday evening, Johnny Hallyday was on french TV to talk about his birthday's (he's 70 !) gigs. About saturday (the precise day he was born), Johnny said that there will be two gigs : one in a big place with a lot of french guests and a second one in a smaller venue (800 places). 
Then Johnny said that second gig was very special for him because he wanted to play "real Rock & Roll and Rockabilly with his big friend Brian Setzer..."
You can see this gig on the site www.mytf1.fr
Around midnight in Paris, so around 6.00 PM in New York etc...
Enjoy it !!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:53 am

sadly but i missed it. Are there any vids out?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:25 am

I think the show will stay seven days on the site.

The show was great. Johnny and Brian were visibly happy to be there and had a lot of fun playing several "Standarts" (Blue Suede Shoes, Be-Bop-A-Lula, Twenty Flight Rock...)
Le Setz' was very beautiful & sexy with the big orange guitar and the perfect haircut. 
Seeing him in this mood, I've thought about Andi's post "I'm good to boogie"... Cool Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:46 am

That's why you should keep an eye on Stray Cats Collector's FB page...
http://videos.tf1.fr/johnny-hallyday/johnny-hallyday-concert-prive-au-theatre-de-paris-8020709.html

6 songs:
Nashville Blues
Blue Suede Shoes
Be Bop A Lula
Lawdy Miss Clawdy
20 Flight Rock

High Heel Sneakers

It was a short, but intense show. It was nice to be able to see it live online!
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:46 pm

Thank you Senor Jon, you're the guy one more time...
One word about the gig ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 6:13 am

It was a really good show.

Johnny doing his stuff very well, powerfull band in behind and very well lead by the guitar player, Robin Lemeserieux (is this correct, the spelling?) and quite surprisingly Brian did 6 songs. I was just expecting one or  two songs, but well done!! If I was Brian, I would have feel very honoured. Brian did really well,  playing and singing as we already know... but also, he knew he was a guest so he never tried to take more protagonism than the necesary and when necessary. Johnny seemed to be having a good time too.
This is what I really like, when Briand does other stuff that is not realy his.. like guesting with Johnny in this case or that mini tour in Japan with Hotei and Char.

One can be a fan or not of a certain person, but if that person in particular is a legend calling you to play.. man, you have to!! And I feel that Brian had a good time.

BTW, there's a tribute to Sun Records by several artists, and Johnny Hallyday does Blue Suede Shoes ... and Elton John playing a mighty version to Whole Lotta Shaking...

Oh, one thing... my YouTube Channel has just been closed due to copyright infringement. Thanks TF1 France for claiming those JH & BS videos...
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:00 pm

Thanks, Jon!  I'm glad this has been archived, and I hope it stays on the web for more than 7 days.  It's kinda trippy to hear "House of the Rising Sun" and "Born On the Bayou" in French!

It was great to see Brian do such an extended sit-in with the band.  I would have expected 2, 3 songs tops.  Very interesting to see what Brian pulls out during the blues solos on that first tune.  A little blues and some familiar rockabilly licks shoe-horned in - it worked! 

I love how the crowd just starts singing "Be Bop a Lula" with no prompting from the band, and the band falls into it perfectly!  I realize it's a rockabilly standard, but it was still cool to see the band get carried away spontaneously with the audience.

That Sun Records tribute album you referenced has a couple of guys you might recognize supporting Hallyday on "Blue Suede Shoes" - Johnny Spazz Hatton and Bernie Dresel!

Happy Hallyday-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:04 am

Tonight's gig live on the web !! <a href=Tonight's gig live on the web !! Hallyd10" />

This is the set of JH show last Saturday - 37eme Etage = 20 Flight Rock. Brian & Johnny sang it together.

Also, the TV broadcast included only 13 songs, and not the encores. I have found a couple of pictures of Brian from that show not wearing his leather jacket. By this, I mean that he must have played on the encores too, as during the main set he never took of his jacket.

Tonight's gig live on the web !! <a href=Tonight's gig live on the web !! Hallyd11" />

[img]Tonight's gig live on the web !! Hallyd12[/img]
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:06 pm

dont get that french guy, but it was a cool bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:01 pm

I am sure Brian played more than 6 songs now, thanks to your pics dear Jon : Brian wears a t-shirt and and during the 6 songs  he wears his (splendid) jacket. 
So he probably played That's All Right (like in 1984 in Nashville)...
Can't wait for the DVD !!!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:45 pm

splendid jacket? eesshh no that jacket looks like my dads..Mr Badass is rockin cool with NO grandpa jacket with just the cutoff tshirt and tattoos, he's king of the whole damn world! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:57 am

Hallyday.com, a French fan confirms this set list about the show:

Set List Théatre de Paris
Le samedi 15 Juin

Rock'n'roll man
La terre promise
Le pénitencier
Né dans le Bayou
Réclamation
Nashville blues avec Brian Setzer à la guitare
Blue suede shoes en duo avec Brian Setzer
Be bop a lula en duo avec Brian Setzer
Lawdy miss Claudie en duo avec Brian Setzer
37ème étage en duo avec Brian Setzer
High heel sneakers en duo avec Brian Setzer
Voyage aux pays des vivants
Le bon temps du rock'n'roll
Sortie de scène
That's alright mama en duo avec Brian Setzer
Dead pr alive
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 2:18 am

You guys notice he's playing a tribute model? I find that kinda interesting
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:15 am

Enjoyed that, Thank You. I've never seen or heard Johnny play before so it was an education.
Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's gig live on the web !!   Tonight's gig live on the web !! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tonight's gig live on the web !!
Page 1 of 1