Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Live From The World!

Go down 
+6
Brett
tvthewiredturtle
peeteycat
Setzerado
Rickabilly
jbgoode
10 posters
AuthorMessage
jbgoode

jbgoode

Live From The World! Empty
PostSubject: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:48 am

Got this in my maiboxl today:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VICP-65069

Seems it's gonna be a 2CD..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cheers
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:18 am

The last couple of releases have been without a bonus track for the Japanese market. I'm thinking of the "Don't Mess With a Big Band" and "It's Gonna Rock, 'Cause That's What I Do" releases. I will be interested to see if there are any bonus tracks. I think the "Ultimate Collection" had five bonus tracks on the Japanese edition.

I'm more excited about the August 22 release date for Japan. Anyone know the US release date? Sooner, I hope.

Rising Sun-a-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:13 pm

If it's 2 CDs.... this means a whole show???? OH YEAAAHH!!
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:21 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
If it's 2 CDs.... this means a whole show???? OH YEAAAHH!!

Can't say it better...
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 am

US Release date for Live From The Planet - 09/04/12

Rick- was there a Japanese CD release of It's Gonna Rock?

Completist-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:42 am

I don't remember seeing an "It's Gonna Rock" release for Japan, but I stopped keeping up with all the extra releases after "Songs From Lonely Avenue." After shelling out for advanced digital singles, vinyl, picture disc, Japan CD, US CD, and that big ol' box, I laid all of it out in front of me, and started climbing a few of rungs of the Setzer-holics' 12-step program. It was even more sobering than the seven different versions of "Boogie Woogie Christmas" in my collection. I'm not exactly committed to my recovery though, because while I won't buy a Japanese edition that is identical to the US release, I will if there's extra music on it. I don't remember reading about any bonus tracks for "Don't Mess With a Big Band," "Christmas Comes Alive," "It's Gonna Rock," or "Setzer Goes Instrumental." It seems like "It's Gonna Rock," was sort of a supplement to the DVD. It was being marketed equally as a digitial download and physical DVD. I wonder if that played a role in whether or not it got a Japanese release.

Bonus-Trackabilly
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:21 pm

amen-abilly Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:08 am

Rickabilly wrote:

After shelling out for advanced digital singles, vinyl, picture disc, Japan CD, US CD, and that big ol' box, I laid all of it out in front of me, and started climbing a few of rungs of the Setzer-holics' 12-step program.

Very Happy
Are there any local groups around europe?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:16 pm

CD Japan has offered up the following tracklisting, including the venues where the tracks were recorded:

IGNITION - (CLERMONT-FERRAND. FRANCE)
`49 MERCURY BLUES (CALGARY. CANADA)
THIS CAT`S ON A HOT TIN ROOF (EDMONTON. CANADA)
DRIVE LIKE LIGHTNING (CRASH LIKE THUNDER) (ADELAIDE. AUSTRALIA)
8-TRACK (BORDEAUX. FRANCE)
SLOW DOWN / FOLSOM PRISON BLUES (AUSTIN. TEXAS. USA)
PUT YOUR CAT CLOTHES ON (SEATTLE. WASHINGTON. USA)
BLUE MOON OF KENTUCKY (CHICAGO. ILLINOIS. USA)
PICKPOCKET (STOCKHOLM. SWEDEN)
RUMBLE IN BRIGHTON (TOKYO. JAPAN)
RUNAWAY BOYS (PORTLAND. OREGON. USA)
CRY BABY (ZURICH. SWITZERLAND)
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE (SYDNEY. AUSTRALIA)
RED HOT (AMSTERDAM. HOLLAND)
SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK (WICHITA. KANSAS. USA)

This seems like a smaller set that would fit on one disc, not two. And if this listing is to be believed, you have a live Setzer album without "Stray Cat Strut," "Fishnet Stockings," or "Rock This Town." On the other hand, you have live versions of "8-track," "Igntion," "Cry-baby," "Great Balls of Fire," "Red Hot," and "Seven Nights to Rock." I am thrilled that Brian is including as many tracks featuring Kevin McKendree's pumping piano. Ever since "Rockabilly Riot," I have loved Setzer in the guitar-bass-drums-piano lineup.

All Killer, No Filler-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Hell yeah Rickabilly, this is good news!!!!

This CD will surely make my moving to Sweden much more comfortable!!

Completely glad they haven't added SCS, RTT or Fishnet!!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:52 am

Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:47 am

Dumb question, but does anyone know of the US release date?
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:22 pm

About 9 posts up, Peeteycat wrote September 4th for the US Release. While you can't believe everything on the interwebs, that seems like solid information.

Amazon has a complete show listed in its pre-order tracklistings. 3 discs! I would post the complete tracklisting, but I'm convinced it is incorrect, as Surfdog's site lists the same tracks I posted above.

Sometimes, a band will issue a greatest hits or live album on CD, and then release a "Deluxe" CD or add tracks to the digital download release. I just don't see that happening here, or Surfdog would be promoting it.

Personally, I am glad to see songs like Fishnet Stockings, Stray Cat Strut, and Rock This Town stricken from the tracklist. Fishnet and RTT save you about 20 minutes of space, and both songs have appeared on numerous live releases. Plus the "Bass Battle" is a sight gag. Just listening to it doesn't do it justice... And that Setzer guy would probably be the first to admit he could use a few bass lessons.

This listing gives you more songs that have never appeared on a live album before. And for those of us who saw the tour, but missed tunes like Red Hot and Great Balls of Fire, this will provide us further evidence that Brian Setzer with Kevin McKendree on piano is a very good thing.

Put Your Cat Clothes On can just be on every release from here on out.

I can't wait to get my hands on that album!

Red Hot-a-billy
Back to top Go down
rocker61

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:07 pm

Rockabilly Riot : Live From The Planet [VINYL] [Box set] from amazon.co.uk

1. Ignition (Clermont-Ferrand, France)
2. 49 Mercury Blues (Calgary, Canada)
3. This Cat s On A Hot Tin Roof (Edmonton, Canada)
4. Drive Like Lightning (Crash Like Thunder) (Adelaide, Australia)
5. Eight-Track (Bordeaux, France)
6. Slow Down / Folsom Prison Blues (Austin, Texas, USA)
See all 7 tracks on this disc
Disc: 2
1. Blue Moon of Kentucky (Chicago, Illinois, USA)
2. Pickpocket (Stockholm, Sweden)
3. Rumble in Brighton (Tokyo, Japan)
4. Runaway Boys (Portland, Oregon, USA)
5. (She's) Sexy Seventeen (Berlin, Germany)
6. Stray Cat Strut (Manchester, England, UK)
See all 8 tracks on this disc
Disc: 3
1. Red Hot (Amsterdam, Holland)
2. Fishnet Stockings (Spokane, Washington, USA)
3. Rock This Town (Luxembourg, France)
4. Seven Nights to Rock (Wichita, Kansas,
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Amazon's US site has the same tracklisting for CDs as well. I haven't seen this anywhere else, including and especially Surfdog. Doesn't it seems strange that a "vinyl" tracklisting would list them as "disc one, disc two, disc 4" without listing "side A, side B..." ?

OK, I was just at a page at Surfdog that hadn't completely loaded before. They are saying there will be bonus tracks on both vinyl and digital releases. They aren't saying what the bonus tracks will be, but here is Amazon's complete listing:

Disc: 1
1. Ignition
2. 49 Mercury Blues
3. This Cat s On A Hot Tin Roof
4. Drive Like Lightning (Crash Like Thunder)
5. 8-Track
6. Slow Down / Folsom Prison Blues
7. Put Your Cat Clothes On

Disc: 2
1. Blue Moon of Kentucky
2. Pickpocket
3. Rumble in Brighton
4. Runaway Boys
5. (She's) Sexy + 17
6. Stray Cat Strut
7. Cry Baby
8. Great Balls Of Fire

Disc: 3
1. Red Hot
2. Fishnet Stockings
3. Rock This Town
4. Seven Nights to Rock

Big 12-Inch Record-billy
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:18 pm

I hope we'll have the option of buying the 3cd set.
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:28 am

Comparing the various tracklistings, then the bonus tracks would be the following:

SEXY & 17
STRAY CAT STRUT

FISHNET STOCKINGS
ROCK THIS TOWN

As for which ones will appear on LP/digital copy (all of them? or ?) I'll let someone else confirm that.

Ooby Dooby !
Scatman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:32 pm

I was thinking.... maybe Tennessee Zip, which was played like 3-4 times at the beginning of the Euro Tour...
and perhaps, Blast Off??

Edit: what about 20 Flight Rock or Summertime Blues?? They were played once, but they were...

Last edited by Slim Jon Phantom on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:52 pm

I wasn't comparing the setlists from the shows, but the tracklistings provided by Surfdog and amazom.com.

Those 4 tracks appear on the amazon tracklist, and not Surfdog's, so that's what they are until further confirmation.

Acevedo Archive
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:08 pm

The description does mention the release date of 04 Sept, and that delivery will be "shortly after that date". So no, not out yet as far as I can see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:07 am

Scatman,
I didn't know about those tracks already listed on Surfdog or Amazon, but geez...

What's the point in listening to Fishnet Stockings?? it's rather a long version, 10 min or so...
fun to see it live but... I don't know, I'd rather add 2 more tracks ;-)
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:39 am

But Jon, on Fishnet Stockings, you get to listen to everyone stand on their bass!

To make it more interesting, try to imagine Brian juggling flaming guitars...

Who can forget that phenomenal lost album: "Mime is Money: The Best of Marcel Marceau?"

Silent But Deadly-billy
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:38 am

Amazon Germany says CD will coming August 31st...good news so far.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 10:41 am

got it today... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live From The World!   Live From The World! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live From The World!
Page 1 of 1