Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where should I put my girl (decal)?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ruger9

ruger9

Where should I put my girl (decal)? Empty
PostSubject: Where should I put my girl (decal)?   Where should I put my girl (decal)? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:06 am

I had a friend re-work my Avatar into a waterslide for my Hot Rod. Now, the question is, upper bout or lower bout? Where do you guys have your "honeys"?

Here she is re-worked with leather chaps & cowboy boots... I thought it appropriate for the "Gretsch theme".

Where should I put my girl (decal)? Honey
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Where should I put my girl (decal)?   Where should I put my girl (decal)? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:44 am

how about in the back on the headstock where she can smile at you with all her anime' cowgirl glory every gig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: Where should I put my girl (decal)?   Where should I put my girl (decal)? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Nothin' says "Look at me!" like a nice, close, blown up picture that screams:
LOOK AT ME.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Where should I put my girl (decal)?   Where should I put my girl (decal)? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:55 pm

enjay07 wrote:
Nothin' says "Look at me!" like a nice, close, blown up picture that screams:
LOOK AT ME.

thats why I have a cowgirl pinup on one arm and an angel pinup on the
other!

doesnt work. I'm ignored. Where should I put my girl (decal)? Icon_clown
Back to top Go down
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: Where should I put my girl (decal)?   Where should I put my girl (decal)? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:33 am

Quick question...

These waterslides can come with 2 different backgrounds, white & transparent, correct? You need a white background for the colors to stay "true" when applied, correct?

My decals are transparent, and she completely washes away when applied... all the colors are blended into the candy apple red & she basically disappears...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Where should I put my girl (decal)?   Where should I put my girl (decal)? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:05 am

ruger9 wrote:
Quick question...

These waterslides can come with 2 different backgrounds, white & transparent, correct? You need a white background for the colors to stay "true" when applied, correct?

My decals are transparent, and she completely washes away when applied... all the colors are blended into the candy apple red & she basically disappears...

I use to have waterslides made for my pedals and the colors will only stay true if applied to a white surface.
Since I purposely want a "space-echo" green color to my labels, I have them printed in a 45% kelly green so when applied to an orange background they appear olive green instead of the bright primary color that would show true on white. .although now I use gas free die-cut vinyl adhesive
stickers.

One offs wouldnt be cheap but the brother that does mine is an artistic genious and could make you a fantastic repro!
Back to top Go down
Bobby Retro

Bobby Retro

PostSubject: Re: Where should I put my girl (decal)?   Where should I put my girl (decal)? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:36 am

TV, I am the proud owner of pedal #16. My suggestion would be to silkscreen the logo directly to the case. That way you have 100% opacity and you can use any color you want.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aestheticinteriors.com/sc/store.php?crn=252
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: Where should I put my girl (decal)?   Where should I put my girl (decal)? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Tavo,

There is such a thing as WHITE waterslide decal paper. I found it online, could probably find it in a craft store. Gives a white background to print on specifically for applying to darker-colored objects. I'm gonna' get some to do my cowgirl on my Hot Rod.
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: Where should I put my girl (decal)?   Where should I put my girl (decal)? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:23 pm

ruger9,
sounds like you found a good solution. pick & choose from the backgrounds you want to get your decal to look just right. the hard part is knowing what to select to get the look you want. since this is going to be something everyone can see, just make sure you choose carefully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where should I put my girl (decal)?   Where should I put my girl (decal)? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where should I put my girl (decal)?
Page 1 of 1