Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?

Go down 
+3
Tele295
Andi
Rocky Mountain Cat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rocky Mountain Cat

Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Empty
PostSubject: Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:06 pm

Does anyone care to guess as to what the BSO will play at the two end-of-year shows?

Since they're not Christmas shows, hopefully they won't play too many of the Santa tunes. It would be great to see them mix it up a little and add a few rarely played songs and drop a few that are getting a bit stale.

Either way it's good to have them playing at least these two shows. I hope 2011 is much more active, and Brian gets out on the road for a non-Christmas tour. Especially with the Nashvillains.
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com

PostSubject: Re: Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:44 am

Good question!!
I think it'll be a typical Christmas set, possibly one or two of those songs that Brian seldom plays, I guess... Auld Lang Syne and Black Dog again perharps??
Lady Luck?? A Nightingale Sang In...?? The Man With The Magic Touch?? uhhh!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:53 am

I'll be surprised if they *do* play Christmas music. It's the 30th and 31st of December... Christmas is well over. I expect something very much like the Montreal set.
Back to top Go down
Tele295

Tele295

PostSubject: Christmas ain't over   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:36 am

If we really want to split hairs, 12/25 is the FIRST day of Christmas, which would make December 30 & 31 the 5th and 6th Days of Christmas, respectively. Bring on the golden rings and the geese a-layin'!
santa
Back to top Go down
http://www.JillMartiniSoiree.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:44 am

I'm really HOPING for a non-Christmas show. I wanna hear Setzer do Setzer songs... I'd be pleased with the Montreal setlist, though considering there wasn't a proper tour for it, really I'd love to hear more Lonely Avenue songs (how 'bout My Baby Don't Love Me Blues? It's his favorite song from the record!) Or how 'bout teasing us with a tune or three from the upcoming instrumental record? So many options...

EDIT: ooh, Dimes in the Jar. Almost forgot. I know it's not a big fan fave, but damn, I'd pay to hear that live, just once. Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease...
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:39 am

They can play Mr. Bo Jangles, I'm not fussed, I just wanna see's these guys tearing it up!!!! 8 days to go!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:11 am

Freebird.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:16 am

I hope he does NOT play a christmas set, that would suck.. Christmas day means open the gifts, eat dinner and turn that crap all off till next year! Twisted Evil

I'm really looking forward to hearing him play a full set of Lonely Avenue and some
instrumental teasers from the new album coming out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:37 pm

The big suprise is Anura and I wont be there for the next show, have to go back home to Aussieland sometime.......I could just cry

Sad

Get better soon Brian, and get that BSO to Australia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
MJ

PostSubject: Re: Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:26 pm

hope everyone going tonight/tomorrow has a blast! ENJOY Very Happy
I hope someone will post a set list/pics/video...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:30 pm

MJ wrote:
hope everyone going tonight/tomorrow has a blast! ENJOY Very Happy
I hope someone will post a set list/pics/video...

didnt ya hear that Setzer cancelled due to illness?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
MJ

PostSubject: Re: Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:33 pm

yep, just read that (after posting the above) See... the old age is catching up to me Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?   Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any surprises expected at the upcoming BSO shows?
Page 1 of 1