Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Setzer's gonna take Europe kids

Go down 
+31
Madman
pony65k
christopher
chunkymac
sabrejet
Wrock
rockabilly guy
Swansea City
Dave
FranckVillano
septime
ippocat
Rocky Mountain Cat
jbgoode
Guitarmaniac
Scatman
laurent327
lonesomecat
gretschoholic
Rockincat59
Setzerado
Aussie_Sam
wee mark
Patrick
Budgie
sidelake bob
Brett
richjohnson26
donpepe
nietsk
tvthewiredturtle
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
GOT TICKETS!!! YEEAAAHHH!!!

Finally got my ticket. See you in Amsterdam!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Hey Sidelake,
are you up for a meeting up in Amsterdam??
I am flying the same day, but I'll stay until the 15th, with a couple of friends!!!
It's gonna rock!! Cause that's... WHAT WE DO!!

More confirmed dates:
Tue 19 - Denmark - Copenhagen - Vega
Sun 24 - UK - London - O2 Academy - Brixton
Mon 25 - UK - Manchester - Manchester Academy
Wed 27 - Ireland - Dublin - Vicar Street
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Nice to see Dublin up, They deserve it!

Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 8982011105011317c
Back to top Go down
Wrock

Wrock

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:00 pm

Too bad the Paradiso gig is on a monday Sad and I canĀ“t have any holiday before July 25th! Great venue, I always enjoyed concerts there.

Still waiting for at least one appearance close to me...
Back to top Go down
sabrejet

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:16 pm

London pre sale tickets are on sale NOW via the link from Brian's website. A couple of days before they go on sale to general public ...

Good to see a Dublin date too...Vicar street is a great venue - much smaller and intimate than Brixton - but after the carry on last time round (when Dublin date was cancelled after they played Brixton) I'll try to get to both!

Anybody know who is in the band? Is Slim Jim just guesting or playing all night?

Should be fun...

You probably all seen it already but Brian is on the new Jeff Beck DVD ..

Easy greasy..

Brian Young

Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:39 am

Wrock wrote:
Still waiting for at least one appearance close to me...
Yep, same with me. Only one date fits, July, 9th in Weert...but 75,-EUR...plus car driving, hotel.
That`s a lot.
But Ringo and Gregg Allman are playing as well...maybe i go there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:17 pm

I think there'll be 3-4 more dates... with the show at the Helsinki Ice Hall on the 22nd, I bet there's going to be a show either in Sweden or Norway after the day in Copenhagen, and there's also room for a few more dates after the Italian gig in Vigevano (Milan)...
Back to top Go down
richjohnson26

richjohnson26

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:47 pm

Just got tickets for Brixton, look forward to seeing you there!
Back to top Go down
chunkymac

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 5:39 am

phew i managed to get tickets, brixton here we come, gotta admit i chickened out and got seated tickets so that i can watch the great man in action without worrying about trying to push my way to a better vantage point.

Now Mr. Setzer in the mean time keep those precious fingers nice and safe, in tip top condition to melt the walls of the academy
Back to top Go down
christopher

christopher

PostSubject: Zurich!   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:27 am

July 7th Zurich, Switzerland. This time's venue is the Hallenstadion, fits 13'000 people. This is quite an upgrade, in the past Brian always played the Zurich' Volkshaus which holds about 1'500 persons. Wish you all the best Brian!
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:08 am

christopher wrote:
July 7th Zurich, Switzerland. This time's venue is the Hallenstadion, fits 13'000 people. This is quite an upgrade, in the past Brian always played the Zurich' Volkshaus which holds about 1'500 persons. Wish you all the best Brian!

don't wory, the venue will be in configuration for 1 500. we had the same situation in France at Nantes ZĆ©nith, the capacity was for
8 000 peoples and for the Stray Cats the ZĆ©nith was in configuration for only 2 000 Peoples.

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:56 am

chunkymac wrote:
phew i managed to get tickets, brixton here we come, gotta admit i chickened out and got seated tickets so that i can watch the great man in action without worrying about trying to push my way to a better vantage point.

Now Mr. Setzer in the mean time keep those precious fingers nice and safe, in tip top condition to melt the walls of the academy

I like the way you think, you must be in your 40s! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Wrock

Wrock

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:56 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Hey whatĀ“s this? I am in my 40s and still enjoy pushing myself to the front rows. I canĀ“t stand seated concerts if the musicĀ“s good and rocking (although it hurts sometimes).

IĀ“m getting a bit nervous, no german dates yet Sad
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Wrock wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Hey whatĀ“s this? I am in my 40s and still enjoy pushing myself to the front rows. I canĀ“t stand seated concerts if the musicĀ“s good and rocking (although it hurts sometimes).

IĀ“m getting a bit nervous, no german dates yet Sad

I cool with it when I go to shows like Rev Horton and I'm by myself, but man it
gets me when I'm with my wife and we're crammed in some group of sweaty
drunk assholes clamouring to get under the singers nose.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:06 am

I am in my 40`s, and i did get tickets for the seated balcony at Brixton. I do the same every time, get there early, near front of queue, straight upstairs to a seat in the front row. Excellent view, and no pushing and shoving. Best to go with someone who can save your seat whilst you nip down to the merchandise sale....

Dave
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:12 am

Dave wrote:
I am in my 40`s, and i did get tickets for the seated balcony at Brixton. I do the same every time, get there early, near front of queue, straight upstairs to a seat in the front row. Excellent view, and no pushing and shoving. Best to go with someone who can save your seat whilst you nip down to the merchandise sale....

Dave

EXACTLY!! this is occuring at the palm springs show next month for me and the mrs!
Back to top Go down
chunkymac

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:38 am

i'm 26 lol, but am taking my mum who is 50, its been a long time coming that we have both gotta see Mr. Setzer. she got to see him when he 1st came to england and was playing little sweaty social clubs, so i dont know who is more excited me or her.

Tavo, i know exactly what you mean, i took my sister and wife to see Green day at wembley stadium and they had the bright idea of getting there early and planting themselves on the front barrier. I spent the whole 3 hour set trying to stop them being crushed against the barrier
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:19 am

Hey Dave UK,
I understand what you mean but I am completely the opposite!!

I love being at the front, queueing for 3h... it's a bore having to wait for 2-3h prior to the show to be at the front, but the excitement is not the same, specially if you like the artist and. I remember seeing the Stray Cats in Manchester back in 2004, my goodness! Lots of pushing and shoving, a real fat bloke behing me, pushing me agains the barrier and I could hardly breath for the first 2 or 3 songs, but it was worth doing that, honestly! Hope the guys in Amsterdam are not that pushy!! heheh
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:56 pm

chunkymac wrote:

Fingers aren't the only worry, make sure you protect your feet too!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:03 pm

pony65k wrote:
chunkymac wrote:

Fingers aren't the only worry, make sure you protect your feet too!!!

was that the right or the left?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:10 am

The middle foot, Tavo ;-)

Just kidding man! Hope everything is OK on the other end!
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 am

Oh it all sounds familiar....

Aged 44,I too booked Brixton for the seated upper circle even though Manchester is less than half the distance (and ball ache) of Brixton.Alas after back surgery I just can't stand for long periods so it's the seats for me.
One slight worry is when booking the tickets the lady advised being early as the seats are limited and there is standing room as well.That will really p*ss me off if I go all that way to get a seat and then don't!

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:30 am

Wowh! Another French date... and no German dates so far... hmmm... quite strange!
Back to top Go down
Madman

Madman

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:34 am

This is going to be some riot cheers

http://www.briansetzer.com/introducing-and-unleashing

I can't seem to upload the picture

THE RIOT SQUAD: (l-r) Noah Levy/Drums; Chris D'Rozario/Bass; Brian Setzer/Guitar; Slim Jim Phantom/Drums; Kevin McKendree/Piano; Johnny Hatton/bass[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:44 am

two drummers and two upright bassist ? really? why....

oh I get it...its obviously competition with Lee, haha! Smile

Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 30263_1284225238445_1614563026_677879_4214334_n

Lee needs 4 pianists now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's gonna take Europe kids   Setzer's gonna take Europe kids - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setzer's gonna take Europe kids
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next