Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sète, july 5th

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Setzerado

Setzerado

Sète, july 5th Empty
PostSubject: Sète, july 5th   Sète, july 5th Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:13 am

An other fantastic show last nite in Sète !!

The setlist :

- Brian with J. Hatton & N. Levy
Ignition
49 Mercury Blues
This Cat On A Hot Tin Roof
Drive Like LIghtning
8 Track

- Brian with J. Hatton, N. Levy & K. Mc Kendree
Slow Down / Folsom Prison Blues
Put Your Cat Clothes On
Blue Moon Of Kentucky (K. Mc Kendree on rythm guitar)

- Brian with J. Hatton & N. Levy
Pickpocket

- Brian with S. J. Phantom & C. D'Rozario
Rumble in Brighton
Runaway Boys
(She's) Sexy & 17
Stray Cat Strut
Cry Baby

- Brian with S. J. Phantom, C. D'Rozario & K. Mc Kendree
Red Hot
Fishnet Stockings (with the whole band back on stage while the song and Brian on the slappin' bass !)

- Brian & the whole Riot Squad
Rock This Town
7 Nights To Rock
Back to top Go down

Sète, july 5th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sète, july 5th   Sète, july 5th Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:52 am

Merci beaucoup, Setzerado!

Already in my blog ;-)
Back to top Go down
FrenchNat

Sète, july 5th Empty
PostSubject: Sète Nights to Rock!   Sète, july 5th Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:48 pm

It was a FANTASTIC show !

They all looked like they were really enjoying themselves, with big happy grins all over their faces --apart from the young doublebass master who spent most of the time looking tough! Surprised)) Kids, hey?!

One of the best Setzer gigs I've seen.

Setzerado, are you sure the show started with Ignition?? I didn't take notes, but I don't recall this one at all. Must have been in a transe where Brian appeared on stage ! ;o)

All the Riotees, including Brian and Jim, took time after the show to sign autographs and have their picture taken. It was a nice atmosphere, they were approachable and gave the fans quite a bit of time despite the late ending of the gig.

First we had the Washington Dead Cats. Pretty good, chatty, fun, and singer even ended up in his leopard underwear after splitting his trousers! Surprised)
Nice underpants, man!

They we suffered, I'm sorry to say, the Japanese Guitar Wolf. Might be me, but I didn't enjoy it whatsoever, nor did my eardrums, and I was happy to have a little bit of hearing left to enjoy the Riot after that...
In fact, I might even venture that the only people who enjoyed the act were the ones in front of the stage who were already drunk by that time. Should this odd punk/psychobilly bloke not have got on stage (somehow?!) and disrupted their well-oiled noisy routine, I'm not sure most people could have stood it any longer (if videos come up on YouTube, you might see half the audience with their fingers in their ears).

Anyhoo, sorry to be so critical, but this act, IMHO, didn't quite fit with the fun, enjoyable, happy rockabilly atmosphere the crowd expected.

But the Setzer Riot was absolutely fantastic and that's the most important thing. Thanks again to all for that gig and sharing your enjoyment with us. And for being so nice with the fans last night.

FrenchNat

Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

Sète, july 5th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sète, july 5th   Sète, july 5th Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Yes FrenchyNat, the show started with Ignition.
I'm with you for you wrote about the first part with WDC and then GW.
In Istres gig, we had a really nice first part with Fiction Plane, the band with Joe Sumner (Sting's son).
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

Sète, july 5th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sète, july 5th   Sète, july 5th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Thank you for the reports Setzerado & FrenchNat.

It sounds like it was a great show. Our good buddy FrenchyCat was also there. He certainly had a fantastic time - describing the show as " 1 hour 40 of happiness...." He also said that Brian was "cooler and happier" in Sete than in Paris. FC loved the venue by the sea.

All six shows in France came close to selling out with virtually zero promotion, according to FC - who has gone to Luxembourg to catch a third show.

Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Setzerado

Setzerado

Sète, july 5th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sète, july 5th   Sète, july 5th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:34 pm

I was not in Paris to compare but I can confirm that Brian looks really happy while the whole gig, often smiling. He brings his happiness on stage, with his virtuosity and the night was magic, really. The whole band was at his best, with a special mention for Spazz Hatton.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sète, july 5th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sète, july 5th   Sète, july 5th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sète, july 5th
Page 1 of 1