Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding

Go down 
+8
Hot Rod Girl
Rockabilly Ross
Andi
sidelake bob
Aussie_Sam
Setzerado
Twenty Flight Rick
tvthewiredturtle
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:51 pm

ya that was weird when he said that.. "my kid was like 2 yrs noooooooo"
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:41 am

Andi,
were you ill at the show?

Cannae believe your words lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:28 am

I totally get where Andi's coming from on the show. If you see Setzer enough times, and are never disappointed, it can really hit you upside the head when things that have nothing to do with Brian's performance get in the way of you enjoying the show. I especially feel for her because she was bringing people who were not Setzer fans to a show hoping to impress them with the amazing live Setzer experience. We Setzer fans can come on a bit strong when extolling the virtues of our guitar hero. So when you have to deal with crummy sound in lousy seats, and the operators of the video screens that are there to help the nosebleed seats connect with what's going on stage make ridiculous choices on what to cover, you feel like you let "your guests" down.

Hostess with the mostest-billy

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:08 am

Rickabilly wrote:
I totally get where Andi's coming from on the show. If you see Setzer enough times, and are never disappointed, it can really hit you upside the head when things that have nothing to do with Brian's performance get in the way of you enjoying the show. I especially feel for her because she was bringing people who were not Setzer fans to a show hoping to impress them with the amazing live Setzer experience. We Setzer fans can come on a bit strong when extolling the virtues of our guitar hero. So when you have to deal with crummy sound in lousy seats, and the operators of the video screens that are there to help the nosebleed seats connect with what's going on stage make ridiculous choices on what to cover, you feel like you let "your guests" down.

Hostess with the mostest-billy

I was in a pissy mood because I had the 45yr old equivalent of beavis and butthead sitting behind me talking non stop
about the next metallica concert and they kept texting stupid ass messages onto the gibson screen before the show
and laughing at themselves... Wife got me a big beer and I chilled out, focused on my kids being enthralled with musicianship of the entire orchestra..
...and by the way TONY PIA KICKED ASSS!!!! You can hear me in that video above asking my wife four seats in if she could
see the drummer as my older son and I swore bernie was playing (we could only see setzer and the second half of the orchestra from Spazz over so when we figured out it was Tony we were floored.. the Dude has channeled Bernie.
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:08 pm

I'm pretty sure Brian was referring to not playing a proper tour with the BSO in two years, as the BSO has played at least 4 times since the '09 Christmas Extravaganza shows.

Can't forget Montreal Jazz Fest last year!
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Scatman,

Where were your seats? Didn't see you at the show.

Ticket-Stub-A-Billy
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:42 pm

That's because you weren't at the show....something about working the late shift?

Got my ticket stub!

Now to track down a recording.........................
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:58 am

Im sure it was great at the Gibson show but man its way better being in a smaller club in the front row for a Rockabilly Riot last night! BTW, talked with my custom shop back here in Sac and am gonna get my Gretsch painted like his new sparkle green one cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Wow !! Congrats !
Can we see the jewel ??
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:04 am

Not to revive an old topic, but just had to share:

Reading about sitting farther back than normal reminded me of the 2009 Gibson show, and how we were sitting further back than normal.

It was a Friday night, people were already tired from the week to begin with (it was the week before Christmas, after all) and there were two opening acts so by the time the BSO hit the stage it had already felt like we had been there for 3+ hours. BSO was great, by the way.........

Anyhoo, my daughter and I will always remember this moment. While standing and bopping along to the BSO I looked behind us and this is what I saw (sorry if the pic is too big, don't know how to re-size it):

Last edited by Scatman on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:04 am

SEE THE PIC BELOW...................

Last edited by Scatman on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 am

posted for Scat
if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Drunk_10
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks TV !

Soooooooooo, going to the Hollywood Bowl in Sept???????????
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 pm

whaaa??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding   if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

if you are going to Gibson Dec 17th a warning about overcrowding
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2