Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon".

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Iloveopiatesandgretsch

Iloveopiatesandgretsch

Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon". Empty
PostSubject: Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon".   Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon". Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 9:17 am

Man, with the release of Tommy from his duties you'd think maybe that Setz would hire some great new fancy flash design team to really spruce up his page. Lets face it, in my opinion his page is pretty outdated and lame as far as the look, (not the music and or the man himself), just the design of the page. It's pretty point and click old school. I really liked the direction they were heading in when Brian had Tommy design an opening page that featured a flash video montage, remeber that? And then for some reason Tommy said that Brian liked the old look better so they took it all down. Shame really. I would love to see a more "animated", flash based website. Anyway for those who haven't been over to the new vid section over there at bs.com, all this new web person did was copy n paste the embedded codes from you tube? I was hoping for some rareities or cool t.v. appearences. As it's been talked about before, who knows the whole story about Tommy no longer being webmaster but one theory of mine regardles weather or not Tommy and Brian had a falling out of some sorts or not, maybe since being a newly wed his new wife suggested a family member that can do web work? who knows maybe julie has a younger brother who dables in html and had Brian start using him or something instead of Tommy? I guess we will neer know the real story as to why Tommy is no longer his webmaster. But these would be my three guesses, 1. They had a falling out. or 2. Brian decided to use a family friend, possibly related to his new spouce or something? And 3. Maybe he wanted someone in closer contact say like in Minnesota where he now lives.

That I can't understand, I realize devorce is a hard thing and Julie is from Minni but for Brian to move from Sunny so cal to the extreme cold northern Minni winters, for me hating the cold that would just plain old suck.

BUT ANYWAY GET CLICKING OVER TO THE MAIN PAGE to see videos we have already seen a million times. But I'm guessing they were chosen more for the casual fan to experience the power of is live shows which we of course already know all about.

By the way speaking of live shows, someone rcently complained of a bad Brian experience saying that after a show he asked for an autograph and Brian said something like, "Hey man you paid to see someone put on an amazing show and that's what you got, no where on the ticket did it say you get to hang ouI with me and get a bunch of autographs". I find that hard to beleiev but then again everybody can have a bad day, And i know personaly being an indie musician on a small label that tours, sometimes after a bad show. Especally if the sound sucks and the monitor mix is so terrible to the point where you can't hear yourself so you just feel like you putting on a bad show. it can be very frustrsting afterwards and maybe that's all where Brian was coming from because every footage i have seen of the man and even him being articulate in between songs at live shows well he seems like a genuine upbeat happy go llucky really nice kind if guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/themusicofmichaelthomas
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon".   Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon". Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:18 pm

The story has been done to death. I think it's time to draw a curtain over it and let all those involved get on with life.

No offense intended.

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon".   Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon". Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:57 pm

I agree. Or as my teenaged students would say, "True that!"
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon".   Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon". Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:54 am

Iloveopiatesandgretsch,

you're never tired of being so... "heavy" ?
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon".   Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon". Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:52 am

It was me who posted the Brian comment re you paid for a show not autograph etc - was his reply to a Q & A on the official website a couple of years ago -(approx -seems that long ago anyway).

I agree with everyone else here though -the whole Tommy/BS site has been done to death - is the website that has come out the loser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon".   Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon". Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Videos are finnaly up at b.s..com no longer "comming soon".
Page 1 of 1