Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Speaker Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JC

JC

Speaker Question Empty
PostSubject: Speaker Question   Speaker Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:01 am

Anyone have any idea how a Celestion Sidewinder speaker would sound in a Deluxe Reverb?

I've had the speaker in the garage for around 10 years and thought it might give me a bit more headroom, it might also sound like crap as well...........

Cheers
John
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Speaker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speaker Question   Speaker Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:14 pm

shaker wrote:
Anyone have any idea how a Celestion Sidewinder speaker would sound in a Deluxe Reverb?

I've had the speaker in the garage for around 10 years and thought it might give me a bit more headroom, it might also sound like crap as well...........

Cheers
John

Unless its a real budget speaker, I have never heard a Fender amp sound bad with
a celestion and in 90% of upgrading to a celestion, the sound is magnificent in my
experience. Silverface amps are awesome with G12M-75s particularly Twins, Super's
and princetons GL-35s and deluxes and tweeds with greenbacks..V30s for most all
50watter fenders are my favorite if you use hollow and semi hollow gits..

* the 10% are when I have installed Celestion Blue Alnicos into hotrod juniors and devilles and there was only slight improvement over the more affordable celestion
greenbacks or say eminence Red Fangs , Weber or Fane (no defunct)..

I really love the partnering of celestion and fender, I dont know why in HELL fender
thinks jensen alnico reissues sound good... those are tools of the devil for torturing
the audience in the first few rows.. Fender really needs to wake up...
I just had to laugh when I saw the "new" Bandmaster they are making in mexico that comes with a DSP circuit so you can have a plate of effects with your amp..
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
JC

JC

Speaker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speaker Question   Speaker Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:22 am

Thanks for the reply TV.

As far as I know The sidewinder was made in the 80's to
compete with the EVM12L speaker.

The thing that concerns me is the Sidewinder is a 150 watt speaker and the DRRI is only 22 watts.

I also have a Celestion GK12 100 watt speaker for possible use.

Thanks
John
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Speaker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speaker Question   Speaker Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:11 am

shaker wrote:
Thanks for the reply TV.

As far as I know The sidewinder was made in the 80's to
compete with the EVM12L speaker.

The thing that concerns me is the Sidewinder is a 150 watt speaker and the DRRI is only 22 watts.

I also have a Celestion GK12 100 watt speaker for possible use.

Thanks
John

sure John.. the EVM speaker is really tempted me for a try..but everytime they make a really nice vintage standard more powerful something changes. In the case of the V30
it has become a standard in itself but doesnt sound or feel anything like its origin, the
celestion alnico blue. Now they have gone with a 50wt alnico version "the gold" and once again its great but not the alnico blue. Strangley the only ceramic speaker that sounds
and reacts like a Blue Alnico is a G12H30.. the best Vox style band for the buck ever..
I've had Weber version and fane version, just not the same..
If I had some extra dough I might try blasphemy and swap in a set of Eddies new black back rola's!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Sponsored content

Speaker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speaker Question   Speaker Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaker Question
Page 1 of 1