Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's this Friday, people!!

Go down 
+4
Kid Setzer
johnnykool327
Kelley
Bear85
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bear85

Bear85

It's this Friday, people!! Empty
PostSubject: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:56 pm

Hey all!

I just re-read the '13 Days' thread, and realized that there were only about 5 ticketholders that posted there...

Just wanted to put this suggestion out there, for the early arrivals. My Mrs. and I are lunching at Psycho Suzi's:

http://www.psychosuzis.com/

We'll be there around 1 pm. How long we stay depends on how much company we have! Can't check into hotel until 3pm - we're gonna go then to rest up before the show, since we will have been up since about 5am that day!

I have no idea how long people are planning on standing in line for the show. I was very blessed two years ago when I went to the Cats in Green Bay, and had the experience of being right up front. This time, since it's also a getaway for the two of us, I'm not planning on being there super early. I want to enjoy the experience with Mrs. Bear, and not have it be like some endurance test or something. I think two hours waiting would be the absolute top end for me, and I doubt we'll even get there that early.

Here's hoping you all have safe and stress-free traveling. If you're near the back of the crowd, and you happen to see a goofy-looking baldish guy in HoodooVoodoo Lounge bowling shirt, with his arm around a cute little mama, be sure to say hi!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:05 pm

have fun traveling

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 pm

If anyone happens to be staying south of the Minneapolis/St Paul area, there is a light rail system that you can connect at the Mall of America and take to within a few blocks of the Fine Line.

My wife and I took it to tonight's Twins Home Opener for the final year under the Teflon Sky, and reminded ourselves how much we love it. I think we paid 8$ for the 2 of us to get the 4-hour event tickets. It is just so darn convenient.

Fine Line website shows doors at 8pm.

Hope Suzi's treats ya well Bear! If it is nice enough, you may wanna eat outside (might be a bit chilly still).

I am currently looking into last minute ideas for a HDVDL shirt...

Either Way, JohnnyKool327 and Mrs.Kool will be in attendance... Smile

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Psycho Suzi's looks cool as!! I wish we had places like that here.. nowhere for the tiki fanatics of Australia to hang Sad I'd open up my own tiki bar if I didn't value my spare time and money Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:31 am

JohnnyKool-

Good for you! Last I heard you got shut out the day tickets went on sale. I hope some ebay guy didn't get TOO rich at your expense!

I hadn't checked the Fine Line site recently. Doors at 8...hmm. That's probably about when we'll get there, then. Maybe a little earlier - I really don't feel like standing outside for very long. Lazy, I know!

Hope to see you Friday,
Bear85
Back to top Go down
daddio66in2008

daddio66in2008

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:37 am

We will be driving in from Stillwater, but later in the day. I wish we could meet up with Bear Mad .The wife cousin is the driver for the night and It will be all I can do to get him to town by 6:00. Look for me....flat top hair cut, glasses, fu-man-chu mustache, I will be wearing a black shirt with leapored trim on the sleeves and pocket and white outlined flames around the bottom. Anybody spot me please say hey. I am gettin stoked. Started vacation today and we leave in the morning for Stillwater.

Russ
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/daddio66in2000
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:48 am

Hey guys!

Have a fabulous trip, enjoy the time, make lots of memories, and most of all....have safe travels! I'm sure you're all going to have a terrific time, and I'm really kicking myself now for not getting tickets. But family and prior engagements trumped this one...

Where else can you meet "crazy" people from all over the place, who have a love of Brian Setzer's music in common? Just another thing we have to be thankful for.

Happy trails!
hrg
Back to top Go down
daddio66in2008

daddio66in2008

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:05 am

Wanted thank you all for the posts and video's posted, after having several adult beverages last night watching all these made me feel 17 again. I first heard The Cats at a friends house after school my sophomore year of high school. His dad traveled over seas as a salesman and would go to record shops and ask the kids what was hot and bring it home to his son. So I come into the house and I hear from my friend’s upstairs bedroom The tail end of Wicked Whisky and the smokin intro to Rev it up and Go! We wore that record out, I have been hooked for 28 years. I have seen these guys in one faction or another at least 20 times over those years. I have stood in the rain at Farm Aid and stalked Brian up an down the streets of Cincinnati to meet and talk with him. The shirt I was wearing in the 13 days post was signed on the Gretch head stock on the back, that shirt is framed and hanging in my living room never to be worn again. This show means a lot to me as I am sure it means to you all. I hope all a safe trip and when it is all over I am sure we will be singing Baby Wasn't That Good. This music keeps this aging man 17 again. See you there and those that will not you will be there in spirit with me!

Russ
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/daddio66in2000
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Bear85 wrote:
JohnnyKool-

Good for you! Last I heard you got shut out the day tickets went on sale. I hope some ebay guy didn't get TOO rich at your expense!

Hope to see you Friday,
Bear85

I made sure they didn't get too much. I got extremely lucky and am going to be at the show with my wife.

It sounds like there might be a group meeting at the Mall of America on Friday.

I am working until 3:30, but, luckily am only a few minutes from MOA. If anyone wants to take the light rail from MOA, it would be 4$ per person, round trip. (I believe those are the prices from yesterday)

Anywhoo, this is gonna be one hellova night!

-BK
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Last edited by Kelley on Tue May 19, 2009 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:54 pm

There may be a tentative "pre-show-board-meetup" at the Mall of America.

Please leave a note here if you are interested.

-BK
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:57 pm

Is there something better closer to the venue in downtown Minneapolis? I think a lot of people are actually staying closer to the Fine Line in downtown hotels.

I'm dropping the family off at the Mall, but should be able to be downtown before 5.

Holiday Road-a-billy
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 pm

What about the Hard Rock Cafe in Minneapolis?

It is only a few blocks from Fine Line, and, has food and drinks for those who are looking for a pre-show snack/drink.

Also, it's the effing Hard Rock...

it's where I got engaged... Smile

Can I get a second on this motion?

-BK
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Hey, I can actually be there this time. If anyone else wants to get engaged there, just fool your fiance by telling her you're meeting Rickabilly. I'll show up this time, to make it look good. Just the idea of meeting me was enough to get the future and forever Mrs. BK to say yes. Twisted Evil

Hard Rock is good for me.

Who needs William Shatner and Priceline? We got BK!

Second-a-billy
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:27 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
Hey, I can actually be there this time. If anyone else wants to get engaged there, just fool your fiance by telling her you're meeting Rickabilly.

My all time favorite story to tell.
Maybe there will be a re-enactment Friday night.

We do have the details finalized for the meetup on Friday.
If you want to come meet up, please shoot Rickabilly or myself a PM for the information.
I would post publicly, but, it is a public forum, and, I don't want to put our safety at risk.

A small chance, but still a chance.

Thanks, and see you friday!!!
-BK (Singing rocketman under a spotlight)
Back to top Go down
BethAnn

BethAnn

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:06 am

I'll be there, but only if Rickabilly promises not to wear those pink shorts! (At least not on the outside.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's this Friday, people!!   It's this Friday, people!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's this Friday, people!!
Page 1 of 1