Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New "official site" layout and graphics

Go down 
+21
Cristo
Setzerado
Iloveopiatesandgretsch
Budgie
ScottS
Kelley
Guitarmaniac
MEMPHISSUN
BSO_Rocks
Le Hub'
Bigbassape
Kiki
sidelake bob
Jess
Dallas
Twenty Flight Rick
Amity
jshea71
pony65k
Rickabilly
Hot Rod Girl
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

New "official site" layout and graphics Empty
PostSubject: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:21 am

Wow. I stopped over there to take a look and thought I was in the wrong place. I'm not sure what my opinion is of the changes, but it is interesting to say the least. I'll let it settle in and see what I think about it in the next couple of days. Any one else have an opinion?

Take care,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:44 am

It's still a little slapdash - I prefer a more cohesive-looking main page. Perhaps it's still a work in progress. There's still plenty of content on that site that is "standing on the shoulders of Maguire."

To me, the appearance of the web design is less important than the content of the website. Since the fans are being kept more at arm's length on a strictly "need to know basis" these days, there are no cosmetic changes that could overcome the loss of that previous connection to the fans.

Lipstick On a Pig-a-billy
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:44 pm

To me, you can redesign a website all you want, make it look different etc. If there's no new content or info, it's just the same, old same old. I'll wait until it's finished to see where they're going with it, but in my opinion, it was at it's best with the opening splash screen and we all know who to thank for that.

René-a-pony

Last edited by pony65k on Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
jshea71

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:51 pm

Blech. Not loving it. Or liking it. Of course, I only rarely check in there anymore. Hopefully it'll get better.
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:10 pm

First impression, very busy, too much going on in the home page. Content pretty much the same. Jurys out.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Due to the lack of content - not diggin' it.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 5:55 am

Hi, I am from Switzerland, I am a Stray Cats fan, first three albums were great in my opinion, I don't dig all the orchestra stuff.

That website looks very, very amateurish. There's a german expression in the source code (Ihr Name, means your name) where the webmaster usually puts his name. Just wondering: Is one of you guys -forum members- doing the site for Brian Setzer now?
Back to top Go down
Jess

Jess

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 6:16 am

Nothing special to me, liked the old one a lot better, maybe a good thing to spend more money on it, and get something great going
Back to top Go down
http://www.taggytones.dk
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 7:54 am

Miss the old one and Tommy M.
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 8:26 am

I agree with René; the one with the splash screen of the old TV that Tommy did was the best. I like the new re-design over the old version that was there a day or so ago. Tommy's was the best, however.

Everybody's correct - no new content = no new content.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:36 pm

Thinking about it, I actually like the background picture of the guitar. If it was me, I would do so that the whole guitar and an amp was shown and that it stays fixed in the screen as you scroll down the page.

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:24 pm

has anyone else noticed that it looks like a glorified MySpace page?
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 2:41 pm

Maybe it's just the beginning. Let's give them time to be back for something else.
Back to top Go down
BSO_Rocks

BSO_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:02 pm

I see it as little more than one big commercial. No long-ago promised music charts. The guitar gallery is gone. Nothing more than pushing cd's and dvd's. Sleep
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 5:20 pm

I"m very much for the old site,and the great frienship that was going on there...with a big help from Tommy M!.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 2:14 am

The Guitar Page is not gone, it's just not linked on the main site.
http://briansetzer.com/guitars.php
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:43 am

wow, I never seen these photos before, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:45 am

No Problem, it seems like the other version of the page never got deleted^^
Back to top Go down
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 8:08 am

its gone now lol
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 9:08 am

ScottS wrote:
its gone now lol

Way to go, Guitarmaniac...

hihihihihihihihihihihihihihi
Back to top Go down
Iloveopiatesandgretsch

Iloveopiatesandgretsch

PostSubject: Perhaps..........   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 7:30 pm

This may be way off base, and not to bring it back up to discusion but perhaps a cerain recent "stage incident", may have gotten team Setzer a little sketched out, so they maybe decided to pull the plug on the more personel type blogs that we used to get on the oficial site?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/themusicofmichaelthomas
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 8:13 pm

what blogs, did Brian blog himself? or someone from the tour?
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 11:49 pm

They're probably working for sometning new. Let's wait. I want to still believe in that.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 2:31 am

Man that was not what I wanted to happen Crying or Very sad
There must be a spy here...
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:22 am

Man thats just too weird, one day the page is there the next its gone.

Kelley, Brian didn't update but Lee did.

Last edited by Amity on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New "official site" layout and graphics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next