Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New "official site" layout and graphics

Go down 
+21
Cristo
Setzerado
Iloveopiatesandgretsch
Budgie
ScottS
Kelley
Guitarmaniac
MEMPHISSUN
BSO_Rocks
Le Hub'
Bigbassape
Kiki
sidelake bob
Jess
Dallas
Twenty Flight Rick
Amity
jshea71
pony65k
Rickabilly
Hot Rod Girl
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Iloveopiatesandgretsch

Iloveopiatesandgretsch

New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:50 am

I didn't mean "blog", in the traditinal cheesy myspace way or anything. I was referring to the almost daily updates that we would get from Tommy. Maybe I should have said updates instead? To me they were like blogs from an insider.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/themusicofmichaelthomas
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:41 am

oh okay, it would be cool if Brian himself were to blog here though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:48 pm

ScottS wrote:
its gone now lol

Man that really sucks!!!! What the hell is going on over there??? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:14 pm

Not a particularly good vibe these days, is it?
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:41 pm

Bummer! I had that 'guitar page' link in my favorites, and I thought I was sneaky when I could just go look at the guitars and drool whenever I wanted.

Oh, well. Everybody cheer up! santa
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:28 pm

Blech! That is one U-G-L-Y site! So devoid of any personal connection. The whole situation is very odd. All this accomplishes is more speculation on the part of fans, whether it is voiced or not. confused
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:29 am

I think luck will be on our side soon, don't worry Smile
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:49 am

I think it is very strange that they took the guitar page off -its a bit like a complete 'day one' type scenario where all the old stuff just gets removed and never referred to again.

Would be very interesting to know what is really going on in setzerland!!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 5:08 am

I'm really sorry for that.
I just wanted to share something cool with all you Setzer Guitarmaniacs like me, and now it's gone =(
I just wasn't thinking that someone from the official page would read our posts Crying or Very sad

pale pale pale pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 5:34 am

don't feel bad, guitarmanic don't feel bad
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:54 am

No need for apologies. Its all good.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:03 am

Well, I've had sometime to think on it, and here's my thoughts...

We're spoiled. We, as fans, had access and lots of information on the old official website that we really didn't need to have. Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Whenever I'd pop over there, it was like visiting an old friends place. It was personal, friendly, and welcoming. The messages from Brian on holidays, tour info, lots of pictures, the music player, and other miscellaneous stuff--it was all good. We're not entitled to all of that great stuff, but we had the good fortune of being able to share in it while it was there.

Now the website is informational only. I don't think this is wrong, but it does lack the personal touch of long ago. We can sit and hypothesize as to why things have changed, but no matter what we come up with, the fact still remains that it's different now. Yep, I'm bummed by it, but life will go on. Best wishes to whomever is doing the site now, and hopefully it will get better as time goes on.

Dare I say it? Yep...maybe those of us who are obsessive fans need to get a life. (all in good fun) tongue

Going out to shovel more snow! Gotta love the winter in Wisconsin!

rendeer
hrg
Back to top Go down
gretschkat57

gretschkat57

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:06 pm

I agree, hrg, that was an excellent post!

And my best wishes to whomever is doing the site now. It may be the basics but hopefully it will keep us up to date. That really is all we are entitled to.

santa
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:15 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
Dare I say it? Yep...maybe those of us who are obsessive fans need to get a life. (all in good fun) tongue

hrg

B-b-but, what will I do with myself?!!!!!

Hehe, I agree with your post HRG.. I don't like asking "why this? why what? what's going on?", and I'm from the WHYYYYYY Generation! Razz Speculating get's you nowhere, so let's just move on Smile

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:

hrg

B-b-but, what will I do with myself?!!!!!

Kid.

Ahhhhh.....that is the question of the day for all of us, isn't it? geek

rendeer
hrg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New "official site" layout and graphics   New "official site" layout and graphics - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New "official site" layout and graphics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2