Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)

Go down 
+25
pony65k
Chillicat
Gloria
gretschoholic
t.man
nietsk
cosbird
JC
Spanishdavid
Brett
Rocky Mountain Cat
laurent327
Hot Rod Girl
Le Hub'
Kid Setzer
donpepe
ScottS
kbilly
Kiki
matt
Pinkpiratekitty
Cristo
RadiationSteve
Dave
Rickabilly
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Empty
PostSubject: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:01 pm

If you had money on "Seven Months or Less," you may be a winner.

It might be a temporary thing, but the "Official" Forum seems to be on hiatus. The message I'm getting is as follows:

The forum setzerforum.darkbb.com doesn’t exist.

Verify the internet address you typed : setzerforum.darkbb.com,
and try again if there is a mistake.

It is possible that the administrator has chosen to delete it.

That's a shame, because there were a lot of great photos and concert reviews to go along with the occasional troublemaker. Perhaps having a forum that's slightly harder to find will help weed out some of the problem children.

Prepare to make room...

Welcome aboard or welcome back to those who departed the HDVDL for a six-month smoke break.

(Of course, the site could be back up in 5 minutes. If it is, then nevermind.)

Still not gettin' a life-a-billy

Last edited by Rickabilly on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Official Forum lasted just about 7 months)
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:05 pm

A regrettable note from the road:

During tonight's Stray Cats performance in Paris, France, what
appeared to be a switchblade knife was thrown onstage late in the show. Brian was struck in the hand by the object. Although he was quite shaken but not seriously injured by this act of complete stupidity, he tried to carry on and complete all of the songs that the Cats had intended to perform. This incident and the fear that the next item thrown may have seriously injured himself, Slim Jim Phantom or Lee Rocker made continuing the show impossible.

Because of the dangerous actions of 1 spectator, the sold-out crowd was robbed of a full program. 5999 people came out to have fun and celebrate the last Stray Cats show in Paris and 1 nutter tarnished what could have been an incredible memory for all who filled the Zenith. Thankfully, Brian's hand was only bruised and at last report, he will be fine. Had that blade taken another path, we may have been reporting a much different situation. Thankfully we are not.

Because we don't want to read pages and pages of commentary regarding
this issue (and also because of other reasons we don't want to get into)
the Fan Forum has been officially closed until further notice.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Wow. I can't believe what I just read. I'm so glad everyone's OK. I'd be keen to hear a few details of what those who were at the show saw, but I would have to agree that loads and loads of dreck calling attention to that horrible stunt probably doesn't belong here, either.

BTW, Dave - I'm long overdue in extending thanks for the Billy Fury stuff. I've had it about two weeks and still haven't gotten to all the tunes yet, but I dig what I hear!

Wondrous Place-a-billy
Back to top Go down
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:37 pm

I just don't understand why someone would do that. It was pint glasses they were throwing in 2004, now it's knifes?
We (the normal fans) wait for hours in a queue outside the venue....maybe it would be a good idea to search everyone before they entered the concert arena?
The only other thing to do would be to ban drinking in there. Why people leave to have a pint or go to the toilet when the show is only a couple of hours i don't know! I saw a mass walk/push towards the loos in 2004 and lots of guys missed Fishnet Stockings! Just proves how mad some people are i guess.
Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:48 pm

I'm glad the guys are OK. Scary stuff.

Kind of a bummer that the forum's shut down. Seems like lately the people there WERE getting a little frisky, though.

Take care, everyone - rockabilly STILL RULES!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Sometimes the world can be a stupid place to live in - I bet that guy who threw the knife will be looking over his shoulder for a while!

PPK
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:07 pm

And because of other reasons we dont want to get into....????? mmm I
hope the cats are allwright what else could that mean ??
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:17 pm

It's good news that the Cats are all OK...it could have been different... That must have been so frightening for them.
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:01 pm

Glad to see some of you straglin over here but for such an awful reason. Well heres hopin things are nothin but great for the Cats from here on out

See Ya, Kbilly
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:24 pm

This brings to mind a potentially interesting discussion. Fan forums like this one can be a fantastic gathering place for people sharing a common interest. It's part social networking, part reference desk, and when it's working well, there can be a genuine sense of community among many of the members. I know I have made some dear friends through this forum, and I know many of my Setzer experiences were made that much better by being able to share them with some of you.

But is a fan forum so readily accessible, like the one tied to the official site, a breeding ground for narcissistic yahoos (yeah, I'm probably talking about me) to needlessly draw attention to themselves, rather than the common cause, which in our case was to celebrate our enthusiasm for Brian Setzer and his music? And does that "look at me look at me look at me" kind of behavior extend outside the web, to the girl who handcuffed herself to Brian, or the Mark David Chapman wannabe loser who hurled a knife at Brian in Paris?

Before we throw the baby out with the bathwater (that's "overreact" for you non-English speakers) it should be noted that years before the internet, on 5 February 1981, at L'Olympia in - guess where? - Paris, an a*hole at a show, actually several a*holes, threw items at the stage, including a large bolt that struck Brian in the head! By talking about such crap here, are we calling undue attention to the offenders, providing fodder for future incidents? My hope is that the online "cults of personality" and the stage antics are unrelated. But in this Youtube generation, I'm not so sure.

I suppose trying to examine the sociological traits of message boards on a message board is probably like discussing how sausages are made while eating one.

I wish all the best to Brian, Lee, and Jim, on what should be a fantastic finish to the tour. Then we can talk about that instead.

Keeping the Faith-a-billy

Last edited by Rickabilly on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:30 pm

Wow

I am shocked by the stupidity of this "fan" - that is sickening.

I understand what Tommy did with the board and hopefully we wont have an out of control commentary here. I think I should add that I don't know that Mandi and I or the mods will let that happen here either. We remember the dark days and it was not fun. I think we are all over that.

Although I wasn't very active posting, I did enjoy the official board and hope we get past this and it goes back online.

To any newcomers and of course all the old regulars, welcome to the Lounge

ScottS
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:50 pm

Rickabilly, I see where you're coming from. In fact, in spite of all its convenience, I wish the internet didn't exist. Maybe that's why I don't like it - the convenience of everything it provides.

I guess I'm old fashioned, but it seems like there's no sense of pride or dignity with my generation on down the line. It sickens me... I think I'm rambling, but I meant to say that I agree with you.

One bad apple can spoil anything, for anybody. It's just unfortunate. Music is an amazing and beautiful form of expression, and to really appreciate it, you have to be able to understand what sort of soul and hard work led to its creation. I find that lacking in almost any place I look, but not with music. At least, not around any of you cats. And Brian appears to be the kind of guy who genuinely enjoys giving people something they can rock with forever.

I rest easy knowing there are millions of us out there that appreciate a gift when it's given, and the bad apples are the minority.

Cheers to Brian, Jim, and Lee, and all you other cool cats.

ROCK ON,

Chris
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:37 pm

It's very hard for me to express the level of my anger towards the moron
who throw the knife. I really do hope that he/she proves out to be
an imbecile retard disturberd looney, because I can't find any other reasons for a
person to enter a show just to disturbe it.

Thank god the guys are ok.

peace, love & rock and roll to all the rest.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:05 am

I'm sorry hoodoo voodoo lounge, I have neglected you over the past several months.. you were the first board to take me in under your cyber wing.. with all the extra members we must now fill you up with awesome again Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:47 am

Anyway, the Official Forum has always been here.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:49 am

... And I'm glad to see so many people back on the board, really.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:13 am

Wow. I haven't been following the tour closely, or visiting the official site enough to realize that it had been shut down. Stupid people. One stupid person ruining it for others. I hate that with a passion. This is why I simply cannot believe in evolution...too many stupid people remain! Shocked

But, I am glad to hear the Brian is going to be fine, and after the childish behavior that the Cats have endured on this tour, frankly, I'm not surprised that they decided upon the "farewell" tour.

Here's to the long life of HDVDL, and "talking" to normal, respectable, people.

hrg

p.s. Rickabilly, you're posts were well spoken, as usual. Kudos.
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:54 am

back to the music

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:58 am

Rickabilly wrote:
This brings to mind a potentially interesting discussion. Fan forums like this one can be a fantastic gathering place for people sharing a common interest. It's part social networking, part reference desk, and when it's working well, there can be a genuine sense of community among many of the members. I know I have made some dear friends through this forum, and I know many of my Setzer experiences were made that much better by being able to share them with some of you.

But is a fan forum so readily accessible, like the one tied to the official site, a breeding ground for narcissistic yahoos (yeah, I'm probably talking about me) to needlessly draw attention to themselves, rather than the common cause, when in our case was celebrate our enthusiasm for Brian Setzer and his music? And does that "look at me look at me look at me" kind of behavior extend outside the web, to the girl who handcuffed herself to Brian, or the Mark David Chapman wannabe loser who hurled a knife at Brian in Paris?

Before we throw the baby out with the bathwater (that's "overreact" for you non-English speakers) it should be noted that years before the internet, on 5 February 1981, at L'Olympia in - guess where? - Paris, an a*hole at a show, actually several a*holes, threw items at the stage, including a large bolt that struck Brian in the head! By talking about such crap here, are we calling undue attention to the offenders, providing fodder for future incidents? My hope is that the online "cults of personality" and the stage antics are unrelated. But in this Youtube generation, I'm not so sure.

I suppose trying to examine the sociological traits of message boards on a message board is probably like discussing how sausages are made while eating one.

I wish all the best to Brian, Lee, and Jim, on what should be a fantastic finish to the tour. Then we can talk about that instead.

Keeping the Faith-a-billy

Absolutely correct. Very nicely put, Rickabilly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:50 am

Hi all,

i didn`t know this forum, otherwise i would be a member for a longer time.
But I`m happy to find a place again.
I missed the BS Board, but i can understand the reaction. They have to finish the tour.
i was in hamburg and it was my first Stray Cats Concert and i`m still impressed.
Wow, these guys really rocked.

So this tour must have a good end.

Greetings Brett

P.S. : for the poeple who don´t know me:
I`m from german, so english is not my first language. So sorry for any mistakes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:03 pm

I just don´t get why they have to close down the message board. But oh well, we will always have hoodoovoodoo here. Thanks Mandi for your hard work in this board and giving us this place to come and share experiences.

Besides that, what that idiot did throwing a knife was bad. I can´t believe no one got the bastard that threw it. But like they said on BS.com, "1 idiot" screwed up the show. Now, are you closing down the board for just 1 person, that may not even post in there?

I don´t think anyone out there will support that act of violence.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:53 pm

Total agree with you David.
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:50 am

Spanishdavid wrote:
I just don´t get why they have to close down the message board. But oh well, we will always have hoodoovoodoo here. Thanks Mandi for your hard work in this board and giving us this place to come and share experiences.

Besides that, what that idiot did throwing a knife was bad. I can´t believe no one got the bastard that threw it. But like they said on BS.com, "1 idiot" screwed up the show. Now, are you closing down the board for just 1 person, that may not even post in there?

I don´t think anyone out there will support that act of violence.

My thoughts exactly David!

Couldn't see the point in closing the other forum, a simple message not to post about the knife throwing incident would have been sufficient IMO.

Cheers
John
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:14 am

I'm with you here Shaker, it's a very strange decision.
As it was strange too to refuse talkin' about the young Italian pin-up who handcuffed Le Setz'...
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:19 am

Choochoohothub wrote:
I'm with you here Shaker, it's a very strange decision.
As it was strange too to refuse talkin' about the young Italian pin-up who handcuffed Le Setz'...

I agree that the forum didn't need to be taken down all together as well, just a simple message saying 'This is what happened, now no further discussion is needed on the matter'..

As far as the hand cuffing incident, the decision to not talk about that was because managment didn't want people to think that it was okay. Also it may give other people the same idea.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)   Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, That Didn't Take Long... (Seven Months to Rock)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next