Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mad Men season 3

Go down 
+3
Bear85
tvthewiredturtle
vic
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
vic

vic

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Bear, Enjay, HRG....I take it from your newish avatars that you are as equally hooked on this show as I am. Best thing on TV for me since the Sopranos, with Breaking Bad a close second.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:34 am

vic wrote:
Bear, Enjay, HRG....I take it from your newish avatars that you are as equally hooked on this show as I am. Best thing on TV for me since the Sopranos, with Breaking Bad a close second.

MY absolute favorite show besides The Daily show and Colbert Nation!
lookin forward to it!
tv
ps. Im gonna build this badass shelving thing behind my tiki bar
Mad Men season 3 Jimmy_Barrett_pointing_ep_203_img_8183
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Bear85

Bear85

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:51 am

Oh yeah, it's by far my favorite current show - maybe the best thing I've ever seen on TV. I haven't started smoking Luckies as a result, but I have learned how to mix a pretty mean martini!

We had seen season 1 (on borrowed DVD) around Christmas time, then downloaded season 2 (it hasn't been playing well lately on our old computer, so it's kind of hard to watch), and recently bought season 1 from Amazon, so we've been watching those again lately. (We don't have cable, hence the extreme means of watching a show that most people have delivered right to them.)

So all those were 'in the can' before I really discovered them; we were able to chain-watch them one after another. I'm not sure I'll have the patience to wait for season 3 DVDs, or the money to pay for episode downloads!
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:47 am

Cool shelves. But I was hoping to build one of these (:19 seconds) instead and have it in my tiki bar.

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:26 am

vic wrote:
Cool shelves. But I was hoping to build one of these (:19 seconds) instead and have it in my tiki bar.

a giant ass?
Back to top Go down
enjay07

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:59 pm

Christina Hendricks definitely has "the body to kill for" in this show! Her character is perfectly manipulative in office politics---a complete master at the game if you will! Her character cracks me up, because I've known so many women like her (or at least thought they were).

I think John Hamm is the cornerstone of the show. He's classic yet devilishly handsome.

This show reminds me a lot of an oldie-but-goodie from the 90's, I believe, "Twin Peaks." And John Hamm's character reminds me of Kyle MacLachlan. The show starts out normal enough, but as the characters develop their deep, dark, quirky, somewhat psychotic personalities come out. I can't wait to see where this season goes!

Jimmie Barrett and his advertising of his nuts absolutely cracks me up! I cannot see that guy and not be reminded of the funniest comedian I've ever seen. The guy was a writer for "Roseanne." One of his bits was on a product manufactured by Guy's. You may have heard of Guy's Potato Chips (it's kind of a midwestern thing). Guy's also manufactures nuts...much like those Jimmie Barrett advertises. Really funny bit on "Guy's Nuts." His other classic was on Pepto-Bismol (it goes in neon-pink and comes out looking like charcoal---*plop*clink!). You had to be there!!

Yes....I'm a HUGE fan. My life hasn't been the same since William Peterson left CSI (Las Vegas) and Mad Men is going to have to fill that void in my life now. But I think John Hamm is up to the challenge! Cool
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:09 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

a giant ass?

All I'm saying is that amazing feat of engineering would look good in my tiki bar. I wonder if Home Depot has any cantelevered girdle truss brackets? Talk bout cher made in the USA.

pig
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 5:16 pm

vic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

a giant ass?

All I'm saying is that amazing feat of engineering would look good in my tiki bar. I wonder if Home Depot has any cantelevered girdle truss brackets? Talk bout cher made in the USA.

pig

hmmm.... I dont see the sexy in that husky Red Head.
January Jones on the other hand makes feel like I need to go to catholic confession every show.
She is a goddess
Mad Men season 3 Blog
Back to top Go down
enjay07

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:10 pm

I'm not going to argue that January Jones isn't pretty. But Christina Hendricks definitely has "voluptuous" in the bag. I don't know why I'm carrying on this conversation, as I'm personally not interested in either one of them. Can't we get back to talking about Jon Hamm? Actually he's just easy on the eyes. His character is definitely full of himself, which therefore makes him unattractive once he opens his mouth. John Slattery has that classic "distinguished" look about him. Gotta like his "don't give a crap-gonna do what I want" attitude though. That's a hard place to get to in life.

January Jones reminds me of Tuesday Weld. I think it's the unique names that made me think of the connection. But if you check out the photo of Tuesday from "The Cincinnati Kid" and January from "American Wedding" the photos are quite similar.

August 16: Mad Men
August 18: Preview of "Lonely Avenue" on iTunes
It's gonna be a great week!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:42 am

voluptuous=beyonce Jon Hamm, he's just suave ..my .03cents pig Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:54 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
vic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

a giant ass?

pig

hmmm.... I dont see the sexy in that husky Red Head.
January Jones on the other hand makes feel like I need to go to catholic confession every show.
She is a goddess
Mad Men season 3 Blog

Wow, THAT was something TV! affraid
Back to top Go down
enjay07

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Wait a minute.
You're telling me that "girl next door" beats out "smart, sassy & curvaceous?" Since when? Sorry...just can't remember the last time (if ever) meeting someone with that opinion.
Learn something new everyday.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:03 pm

enjay07 wrote:
Wait a minute.
You're telling me that "girl next door" beats out "smart, sassy & curvaceous?" Since when? Sorry...just can't remember the last time (if ever) meeting someone with that opinion.
Learn something new everyday.

I'm pretty sure I'm all for that "girl next door" Cuz..smart,sassy, and curvaceous to me translates into
Bossy, opinionated and chubb.

Intellectual, quiet and sporty catches my attention..
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Comments on season 3 premiere from Sunday night?

I finally saw it on tape last night, but I'll withhold comment until I know whether everybody who cares about it has seen it already - don't want to spoil it for anybody.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Bear85 wrote:
Comments on season 3 premiere from Sunday night?

I finally saw it on tape last night, but I'll withhold comment until I know whether everybody who cares about it has seen it already - don't want to spoil it for anybody.

dont spoil it man.. I'm still looking for it online to watch, I missed it.
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:42 pm

OK, OK, I'll hold my fire!
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:57 pm

Season Finale Sunday ...who's watching? Any thoughts on what may happen? Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 4:34 am

SPOILERS - PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Thanks for bringing this up, Amity - been dying to talk about it!

I wasn't smart enough to come up with this prediction; all credit goes to my lovely bride. She thinks that Duck's company will buy Sterling Cooper from the Brits. Then Don gets out of his contract by saying, "Don Draper doesn't exist!" ( Season 4 storyline will be Don/Dick starting his own shop, with Sal, Joan, Pete, and Peggy.)

Now my own prediction for Sunday night: Betty announces she wants a divorce. This will lead to Season 4 being about the separation and marriage plans with old political guy. But by the end of the season she and Don will reconcile.

I think something's going to happen with Roger's child bride, too. Like a suicide attempt, or alcohol-induced coma, or something like that.

I don't know how busy the topic will be over the weekend. I'm just letting you know now that I'll be incommunicado from Sunday night until late Monday. We subscribe to MM on iTunes and won't be able to watch until Monday around 9pm Central.
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:35 pm

Great predictions Bear, all are a truepossibility. I've been watching faithfully, but I have to admit season just hasn't done it for me like one and two. Not nearly enough Joan. I went through a phase last year where I was trying to drink Old Fashion's...I've lost some interest in that too.
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Yeah, but you kind of have to have one tomorrow night, don't you? drunken I think I'll mix a martini for my viewing on Monday - it's been awhile.

There were times this season that I felt the way you do. I really think it's come around the past few weeks, though. This show reminds me of a really well-written novel, where there's a bunch of stuff that happens that kind of makes you scratch your head, but then it makes sense in the last chapter (episode) or two. I'm VERY curious about this upcoming episode.
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Oh by the way, I stumbled on the madmen yourself page. It frightens me how much this looks like me, and how much of grown to look like Dennis the Menace's father Henry.
Mad Men season 3 Madmen10
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:08 am

I think it's going to end in one drunken martini fired orgy with Don headed out the door with a breifcase full of cash flying to the west coast to begin season 4.
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:29 pm

Loving the possibilities...I DVR every episode and usually watch Monday.
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:07 pm

OK, this is how bad we've got the bug. I'm going to bed early, then getting up early to download the episode; the notification email usually comes around quarter to 4, so I'll get up at 4 am (you guys remember Witness with Harrison Ford? The old Amish farmer: "4:30! Time for milking!") I'll grade papers while the download is going on. That usually takes about 90 minutes. I'll shower at 5, wake Mrs. Bear85 up at 5:30, and have some breakfast in bed while watching Mad Men.

Crazy? Maybe. But we don't want to wait until the kids go to bed tomorrow, and we also don't want to risk seeing something on line during the day. And we'll be able to go to bed early tomorrow night!
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:33 pm

Trying not to spoil here, but beware.

Bear, amazingly good predictions, great cliff hanger episode. And the Old Fashioned has become an aquired taste, and an absolute requirement for viewing. After the first few gulps complete with facial contortions, their not half bad. If only I was as cool as Roger Sterling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mad Men season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men season 3   Mad Men season 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mad Men season 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next