Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mad Men Season 4

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bear85

Bear85

Mad Men Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Mad Men Season 4   Mad Men Season 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:28 am

In honor of last night's season premiere, a new Mad Men Bear 85 avatar! This year's version looks more like me - my hairline continues to flee from my eyebrows at an alarming rate.

So what did you guys think of last night's episode? I thought it was a great start to the new season.
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

Mad Men Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men Season 4   Mad Men Season 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:35 pm

I mixed up an old fashioned and watched. I hate to say it, but for me it's running it's course. I was first attracted to the look and period of the production then got drawn into the story line. I liked the nostalgic aspects of the show and that whole "retro-space age- swingin -bachelor" thing. But I sure have gotten the sense over the last few seasons that the writer hates the characters and wants to show their flaws, and not too subtley the flaws of 50s pop americana. Hollywierd loves to find the hypocrasy in America and tear em down. I think it makes them feel justified in their own personal life choices and failings. Yep, I realize "leave it to Beaver" was an idealized version of post war America, but I for one liked having icons worth attempting to live up to

But Joan as always was stunning, and for that I'll continue to oogle.
Back to top Go down
enjay07

Mad Men Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men Season 4   Mad Men Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Loved it. Loved it loved it loved it!!! I love the fact the show "breaks all the rules" of what every show about the 60's has played out to be. I love that it's NOT "Leave It To Beaver!" What I really want to know, will there be a woman this season that can say "No" to Don Draper???? Who will she be??? He's such a man-whore! excellent eye-candy though! And for that...I too will keep watching! Cool

p.s. In re-reading my post I realize that I changed "tenses" from past to present. I apologize to all the critics out there gritting your teeth. But I'm not going to fix it...just to irritate all of you. mwahahahahahah!!! Twisted Evil

Now I must go find more bad english to post on other threads...so much to do...so little time!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Mad Men Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men Season 4   Mad Men Season 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:47 am

vic wrote:
I mixed up an old fashioned and watched. I hate to say it, but for me it's running it's course. I was first attracted to the look and period of the production then got drawn into the story line. I liked the nostalgic aspects of the show and that whole "retro-space age- swingin -bachelor" thing. But I sure have gotten the sense over the last few seasons that the writer hates the characters and wants to show their flaws, and not too subtley the flaws of 50s pop americana. Hollywierd loves to find the hypocrasy in America and tear em down. I think it makes them feel justified in their own personal life choices and failings. Yep, I realize "leave it to Beaver" was an idealized version of post war America, but I for one liked having icons worth attempting to live up to

But Joan as always was stunning, and for that I'll continue to oogle.

You hit the nail on the head!! Cool
They have really let us mid century swingers down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Bear85

Bear85

Mad Men Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men Season 4   Mad Men Season 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:20 pm

Mad Men ain't MacGyver. The writers aren't giving us all-good or all-bad characters, which I think makes for some pretty fascinating TV.

I don't think Don's supposed to be a hero - he's just a guy. There's good and there's bad. He's done awful, hurtful things to the people around him. But then he turns around and makes this herculean effort to be good, and he succeeds...until he fails. He struggles, mostly against himself.

Just like real life.
Back to top Go down
enjay07

Mad Men Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men Season 4   Mad Men Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Bear--
Way too insightful!! just kidding! I think Don is struggling with the good vs. evil inside of him, much like the good vs. evil struggles that go on in real life. Sometimes it looks like good will prevail, and just then evil rears its ugly head and reminds you there is no winner, only balance. We are all good and evil, trying to keep the scale tipped in the right direction most of the time. But nobody is perfect, nobody is free from fault. There will not be an earthly world free from evil & sin as long as the human race is here.
I see Don's world crumbling down this season though, and wonder how it will affect him, and who will be there to pick up the pieces for him. As hard as he tries to take care of his family, his business, his clients, what he really needs is someone to take care of HIM. But he dare not let anyone get that close. Mere aquaintances (?) are starting to see through his mirage of smoke & mirrors and I think Don knows he's not going to be able to keep up appearances much longer. He tries to run away from his problems but he can't escape them. What's going to be the final straw? What will set him over the edge? Who will be there when his world collapses? Betty? I don't think so...she's too much of the "mirage" he created.
I'm thinking Joan will be the one who ends up with Don. She needs someone as much as he does. They're a perfect match.
But what the hell do I know. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mad Men Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Men Season 4   Mad Men Season 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mad Men Season 4
Page 1 of 1