Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..

Go down 
+27
Andi
Rocky Mountain Cat
steb74
donpepe
rosie
Kid Setzer
Brooklyn Bomber
Bear85
Guitarmaniac
ruger9
mjcodina
Budgie
Rickabilly
Rockabilly Ross
JB-IsleOfMan
Spanishdavid
badkitty
RadiationSteve
richjohnson26
sidelake bob
Gloria
christopher
Cristo
Brett
Jess
pony65k
tvthewiredturtle
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rosie

rosie

Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 8:44 am

I think its a decent price for what you get

I like being able to get all the artwork and lyrics and everything that you wouldnt get w just the cd or record
and its all bigger since itll all be the same size as the records

the booklet is like getting a concert program

the multitracks will be cool too but I hope theyre on cd since I dont actually have a record player
Im going to see if I can use the slipmat as a mousepad

dont need the 45s but I guess it will be cool for the drawings

the photos will be really nice to have too he looks very hot in all 3 Very Happy

the only thing I wish that the cd came in a jewel case instead of stuck to the record sleeve what if you want to take it with you in your car or something?

very excited to get this

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:14 am

Despite I have already ordered this box... I must say that it is nothing compared to the Stray Cats LP box 1994. That LP box was more like a redition of the Stray Cats 3 first records rather than any other thing, whereas this BSO box is no more than an attempt to boost the sales of Lonely Avenue. Since The Dirty Boogie the sales hasn't been great at all, and the only reason for releasing this box as well as the 3 x LP of Brian's 13 was to increase the sales... but that doesn't mean that more people have the album, but we (the collectors) are the ones buying it....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:20 am

Brett,
I've bought the box because I like Brian Setzer probably more than anyone, but that doesn't mean that I don't have to see it the way I see it.

Kid Setzer,
as for me, I am not buying a couple of boxes. I will open the one I get just to see what's in it, but that will remain on my shelves. The Japanese CD will remain on my shelves as well, since I already have the album on mp3.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:28 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
Brett,
I've bought the box because I like Brian Setzer probably more than anyone, but that doesn't mean that I don't have to see it the way I see it.

yes, ok. As you can see i delete my post. You can do what you want, i was just wondering how negative you always are. I can´t see anything wrong in the fact BS and surfdog try to sell records.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:00 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
I must say that it is nothing compared to the Stray Cats LP box 1994. That LP box was more like a redition of the Stray Cats 3 first records rather than any other thing, whereas this BSO box is no more than an attempt to boost the sales of Lonely Avenue.

But Jon, the release of the SC box - or re-editon of the first three albums - had the same aim...to sell and that is absolutely o.k. in my opinion.

I don't care if they want to sell more or what ever. Me - as a fan - want exactly such releases and therefore I'm very glad that Surfdog will bring out such a brilliant deluxe box...

BB sunny
Back to top Go down
Jess

Jess

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:28 pm

Brooklyn Bomber wrote:
Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
I must say that it is nothing compared to the Stray Cats LP box 1994. That LP box was more like a redition of the Stray Cats 3 first records rather than any other thing, whereas this BSO box is no more than an attempt to boost the sales of Lonely Avenue.

But Jon, the release of the SC box - or re-editon of the first three albums - had the same aim...to sell and that is absolutely o.k. in my opinion.

I don't care if they want to sell more or what ever. Me - as a fan - want exactly such releases and therefore I'm very glad that Surfdog will bring out such a brilliant deluxe box...

BB sunny

Surfdog can put out 3 deluxe box a year and I will get them all, hell yeah it's buisness, and I don't care Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.taggytones.dk
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Man, you say it!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:16 pm

Geez, I don't get this place sometimes.

There always seems to be this negative cloud hanging around overhead. Everyone has of course their right to say whatever they want on here, but come on, Brian Setzer is an artist who shares his incredible talent with us. If he and his record company want to do something, considering it's his music, they have the right to do whatever they want with it, after all, this is how he makes his living. Same thing with the meet and greets.

Just take it for what it is, please!!! Buy the record, don't buy the record. Go to the meet and greets, don't go. It's your choice, but don't always come in here and be negative towards Brian or the record company, it's dead set boring to go through this stuff (yes I know, read it or don't read it). Just enjoy what Brian shares with us, isn't this what it's all about for us fans anyway?

Being down under, we don't get to see the great man very often at all. Most other places are spoilt with the amount of times they can catch up with Brian.

Enough already, don't make me come over there and beat you all Wink

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:23 pm

I find it very interesting that out of the 58 posts on this thread, there are only actually 2 people complaining about the deluxe package, and one of those people is still buying a set for his collection! And the other one stormed off in a huff. Most people who have posted here that they won't be able to get the Deluxe Package still have acknowledged how cool it is for collectors.

Overall, I think there's a lot of excitement here for the new album and the Deluxe Package release. There's no need to spend further energy railing against one troublemaker on a fan forum when there's a new Setzer release in just seven days!

Game Over-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Rickabilly,
troubles in here?? Guess you got it all wrong....
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Even though your English is better than mine, Jon, I should probably point out that I was NOT referring to you when I mentioned there was only one troublemaker in this thread. While criticizing the package you at least were balanced enough to recognize what a cool collectible this package is.

Enjoy the fact that someone was referencing trouble on this thread and for once they weren't talking about you.

Smug-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Jess

Jess

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:00 pm

thinking it over, Surfdog can do 15 Setzer boxsets a year, and I will go for them all lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.taggytones.dk
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Voicing an opinion that you disagree with makes me a "troublemaker." Okay, got it. Suspect
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Maybe it's the way you put it out, this is after all a BS fan site????
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:38 pm

donpepe wrote:

I am a fan of Brian's music. That doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he or his label does. If truth be told, Brian probably doesn't want to be involved in these "Meet and Greet" deals either, but may not have much of a choice. Geezzz folks . . .it is possible to admire a musician's work and talent without drinking the kool-aid 24/7!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:52 pm

badkitty wrote:
donpepe wrote:

I am a fan of Brian's music. That doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he or his label does. If truth be told, Brian probably doesn't want to be involved in these "Meet and Greet" deals either, but may not have much of a choice. Geezzz folks . . .it is possible to admire a musician's work and talent without drinking the kool-aid 24/7!

WHAT is your DEAL, hey?
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:43 pm

badkitty wrote:
Voicing an opinion that you disagree with makes me a "troublemaker." Okay, got it. Suspect

Actually, belittling members of this online community and going out of your way to try and make people feel bad for celebrating the common ground that brings us together here is a pretty strong example of someone making trouble. You and I could hide behind pleas of self-defense, but I, for one, would like to call a truce.

I actually respect you standing your ground as the lone voice of dissent on this thread. I just wish you could do it without labeling those who disagree with you as hero-worshipping sycophants. I'm glad you re-thought your departure from the forum. It keeps things interesting. This thread would have died about 40 posts ago without you challenging our seemingly blind enthusiasm. And then what would we have to talk about? Laughing

I'll now sit back and wait for another 40 posts with variations of the "don't buy it if you don't want it" theme.

Department of Redundancy Department-billy
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:33 am

Rickabilly wrote:
badkitty wrote:

Actually, belittling members of this online community and going out of your way to try and make people feel bad for celebrating the common ground that brings us together here is a pretty strong example of someone making trouble. You and I could hide behind pleas of self-defense, but I, for one, would like to call a truce.

I actually respect you standing your ground as the lone voice of dissent on this thread. I just wish you could do it without labeling those who disagree with you as hero-worshipping sycophants. I'm glad you re-thought your departure from the forum. It keeps things interesting. This thread would have died about 40 posts ago without you challenging our seemingly blind enthusiasm. And then what would we have to talk about? Laughing

I'll now sit back and wait for another 40 posts with variations of the "don't buy it if you don't want it" theme.

Department of Redundancy Department-billy

Rick, my original post was my personal opinion, which I felt you rather smugly, and judgmentally dismissed, and then proceeded to lecture me on the obvious. Over the years, I have enjoyed reading your excellent cd and concert reviews, and despite locking horns with you on various subjects regarding Brian, I have never felt disrespected by you. This time I did. I don't think you meant it as such, but that was my gut reaction. I don't think I am "belittling" anyone here. Everyone is free to purchase what they want, and do as they wish. There are certainly ,many other "classic rock" acts out there who have been milking it for years with their 202nd "farewell tour". I just felt a little dissapointed that Bri & co have gone down this path. But as I said in an earlier post, don't really know how much Brian weighs in on these decisions. So, truce is on, baby. Life is too short.
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:01 am

badkitty wrote:

If truth be told, Brian probably doesn't want to be involved in these "Meet and Greet" deals either, but may not have much of a choice.

Do we really know this for sure?? Probably & maybe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:36 am

Come on folks, pleaseeeeee!!!!
Collector packages are great, but they are better after the album has been released... at least from my point of view.

We are no troublemakers, we just differ in opinions, that's it. The fact we disagree in some aspects (ex: this special package, Meet & Greet passes or whatsoever) doesnt mean we dont like Setzer, we are just sharing opinions, aren't we???
Back to top Go down
rosie

rosie

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:23 am

I can't wait to hear the multitracks

hearing the music in all its separate parts will really highlight the genius of the arranger

we'll be able to hear detail stuff we can't hear or don't notice in the complete songs

that alone is worth a bunch

I hope we get vocal only tracks too though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:42 pm

donpepe wrote:
badkitty wrote:

If truth be told, Brian probably doesn't want to be involved in these "Meet and Greet" deals either, but may not have much of a choice.

Do we really know this for sure?? Probably & maybe?

I have NO clue about Brian´s knowledge or not in this matter, but... for example... last weekend, here in Spain, as you may know, I worked for The Cult since my brother was the Promoter of both gigs. Anyway.... before the gig, my brother asked Mr.Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy how they wanted to set up the room for their "meet&greet", and they looked at my brother like "what are you talking about!!??"

My brother then told them he had signed in his contract a meet and greet before the gig, and that contract was signed by him (promoter) and Txx.Vxxxxxxx (their manager). They had NO IDEA this was going on, and they had to do the meet and greet both nights, even though they didn´t like the idea very much. So... you sometimes never know.

Brian may know... but sometimes artists have no idea what their managers are signing for them, and sometimes they are not even asked.

Just for the record.
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:17 pm

rosie wrote:
I can't wait to hear the multitracks
hearing the music in all its separate parts will really highlight the genius of the arranger
we'll be able to hear detail stuff we can't hear or don't notice in the complete songs
that alone is worth a bunch
I hope we get vocal only tracks too though Very Happy

Indeed, that's why I hope fans are given an opportunity to purchase these recordings without having to buy the deluxe set.
I personally don't need the set, I'll be happy with just the cd but it is worrying to me that these tracks will remain exlusive to it and to me at least, they're some of the most interesting items that a fan can listen to, enjoy learn from.

Last edited by steb74 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:52 pm

badkitty wrote:
So, truce is on, baby. Life is too short.

Cool!

Let's get back to the party. Who needs a drink?
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:14 pm

Agreed, beer, a cool one, please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..   Setzer's new album on vinyl..why.. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setzer's new album on vinyl..why..
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next